Mod split: ex BISers bond

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:59 pm

ScottE wrote:
Not many old employees left. I'm the 2nd oldest now just behind Phil Adam. As for JD, he's still looking for work. He can't find anything locally so now back in school training in network & security admin.
So, what exactly are you guys doing right now? I mean, is there production going on or something game-related? Or is it just a tense waiting-game at the moment?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Shodan

Post by Shodan » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:39 pm

I really hope that you guys will find a new job. You guys have more talent in your little pinky then lots of other developers.
Gone.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:44 pm

That's one of the things that's so bloody sad. IPLY/BIS was once so great and thanks to inept management and poor decisions a former giant goes with a whimper rather than a bang and two games that would have restored former glory I'm certain, will never see the light of day. My sympathies go to every one at IPLY that was an innocent victim of Caen's mistakes.

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:47 pm

Yep. Designers with vision and talent get tossed about and crap studios release trite release after trite release.
Interplay had the two games that could have rejuvenated the cRPG genre. And now those games will never exist, but rest assured we'll get lots more Dungeon Sieges and stuff like Sacred.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Odin

Post by Odin » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:01 pm

ScottE wrote:Not many old employees left. I'm the 2nd oldest now just behind Phil Adam. As for JD, he's still looking for work. He can't find anything locally so now back in school training in network & security admin.
So Scott, wanna dig up some Fallout art we haven't seen ?
Webmaster@NMA

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:56 pm

Odin wrote:
ScottE wrote:Not many old employees left. I'm the 2nd oldest now just behind Phil Adam. As for JD, he's still looking for work. He can't find anything locally so now back in school training in network & security admin.
So Scott, wanna dig up some Fallout art we haven't seen ?
Ad much as he would like to, and all devs, not sure how good it would look to prospective employees to have him posting this stuff.

Kharn

Post by Kharn » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:06 pm

kumquatq3 wrote:Ad much as he would like to, and all devs, not sure how good it would look to prospective employees to have him posting this stuff.
What...Art? Depends on what kind of art, dunnit? Van Buren art would obviously be a big no-no, but I'm guessing there might be more art like these figurines which is basically up for display, just never put on the internet.

'cause y'know, EA's going to refuse people employement 'cause they took a picture of Interplay's hall wall and posted it :roll:

Ehehehe. EA.

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:08 pm

'cause y'know, EA's going to refuse people employement 'cause they took a picture of Interplay's hall wall and posted it
It can't help.

EDIT: And there is more art in that hallway, just not FO. Roadkill said Earthworm Jim had some.

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:42 pm

I think during the Interplay's investor conference call, they were trying to announce everything they could think of except another redneck game. It was all to look as good as possible. I imagine he was bitting his tongue a bit to keep from saying something like this:

"And we have plans for a new Kingpin game, as well as another Fallout. We also have another Descent game . . . and, uh . . . several Star Wars game. We also aquired the gaming license for The Passion . . ."

I mean, why not? It's not like they had anything to lose at the time he made that phone call.

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:53 pm

We also aquired the gaming license for The Passion . . ."
A Post-Apocolyptic shoot-em up, with Jesus
[quote="Hakuri"] If she had a good personality, maybe I'd consider it, but she doesn't even have cable TV up there.[/quote]

Ewen Brown
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work

Post by Ewen Brown » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:22 am

you got to give him credit for not giving it away by saying they're doing duke nukem forever
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:54 am

Ewen Brown wrote:you got to give him credit for not giving it away by saying they're doing duke nukem forever
LOL!!! :lol:

ScottE

Post by ScottE » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:38 am

Eldar wrote:Geez, that's gotta suck. This is a prying question, so I hope your not offended, but if Interplay finally goes under, are you going to take some time off from the industry or start looking for similar work right away?
I do want to take some time off. I've got a few options right now locally so I should be ok if IP goes under. But nothing for sure yet. It would be nice to take some time off (though technically I am right now!) :)
Phosphor wrote:So, what exactly are you guys doing right now? I mean, is there production going on or something game-related? Or is it just a tense waiting-game at the moment?
It's a waiting game right now. We've got projects to work on, just waiting for the go ahead to continue working on them.
Scott Everts

avin

Post by avin » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:11 pm

ScottE wrote:It's a waiting game right now. We've got projects to work on, just waiting for the go ahead to continue working on them.
a) console?
b) pc?
c) i can't talk about it :p

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:52 pm

ScottE wrote:
It's a waiting game right now. We've got projects to work on, just waiting for the go ahead to continue working on them.
Playing a lot of ping-pong then? ;)