Alexander the So-so

Day to day, down the street and around the world
kumquatq3

Alexander the So-so

Post by kumquatq3 » Wed May 26, 2004 4:23 am

Hey Choryt, this doesn't have Clooney in it, you might want to skip it :wink:

Anyways, this trailer is underwhelming, looks like another Troy (aka Brad Pitt: Warrior Princess). Which is sad, because as anyone who has seen Tigerland knows, Colin can actually act.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/alexander/large.html
[quote="Hakuri"] If she had a good personality, maybe I'd consider it, but she doesn't even have cable TV up there.[/quote]

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Wed May 26, 2004 11:04 am

it seems like the 50s habit of making bad historical movies has returned

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed May 26, 2004 6:29 pm

seems to be the same as what's happening in the games industry, people dont want to take risks anymore, they know a nice formula (like the spectacle movies in the Armageddon, LotR, Daylight, etc idea) and only enhance the graphics or special effects.

Hey we're able to recreate a battlefield with flogging, let's redo the Ilias...

Hey we're able to construct swarms of bats and we can make a very big werewolf, and we can make up a beautiful frankenstein or Jekyl/Hide, let's stuff 'em all into a van Helsing..
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Fri May 28, 2004 11:40 pm

I would have liked to have seen the Baz Lurman version, the one with Morocco's cavalry employed. Hopefully Colin Farrell will do well with it. I mean, they'd better keep Alexander homosexual because that was a big issue for his army. He had to be pressured into having a son by their demand!

Well, here's hoping . . . that Arthur movie looks like it sucks too, since we're on the topic.

DAMNIT, WHERE'S MICHAEL MANN'S 'GATES OF FIRE!!!!!!'

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Fri May 28, 2004 11:43 pm

choyrt wrote:I mean, they'd better keep Alexander homosexual because that was a big issue for his army. He had to be pressured into having a son by their demand!
never heard anything that drastic about him, where did you read that?
[quote="Hakuri"] If she had a good personality, maybe I'd consider it, but she doesn't even have cable TV up there.[/quote]

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Sat May 29, 2004 1:19 am

History of Greek Civ. He was 'reluctant' to sire a son, and some of his troops demanded he do so for an Heir.

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Sat May 29, 2004 3:02 am

choyrt wrote:History of Greek Civ. He was 'reluctant' to sire a son, and some of his troops demanded he do so for an Heir.
oh well, it's not like buggery wasn't the most favorite pastime in that time and place :)