being a terrorist does increase your chances of being re-elected

monard

Post by monard » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:30 am

Arafat was elected? News to me!

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:03 am

Democratically elected no less, by the Palestinians as president of the PA.

Of course, Runey could also have meant Sharon, who clawed, cheated and murdered his way to power, sacrificing anything and anybody for self-glorification, not unlike Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, Milosevic etc.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:27 am

in fact I was talking about Bush

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:51 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4008887.stm

For those who want to know how grateful the Iraqi people are. *cough* Wanderon *cough*. :wink:

Wanderon

Post by Wanderon » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:23 pm

Sigh for over 6 months the Iraqi government has offered the city of Falluja numerous diplomatic ways to protect its citizens and rid itself of the terrorist insurgents there- they made their own choices to defy that government and the coalition knowing full well that it would lead to this- life is full of choices- the insurgents don't give a rats ass about the people of Iraq- they kill them every day- the US and the Coalition are going to do whatever it takes to end the insurgency - the majority of the Iraqi people will benefit from this in the long run and it is what the current Iraqi gov't has decided to do in preparations for free elections. I fail to see whats so hard to understand about that other than another chance to bash Bush and bash Americans in general...its getting pretty old...
Not all those who wander are lost...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:30 pm

How many times in the last few days have I repeatedly said "the Administration"? I think I made it quite clear that I have family and friends in the US? Your problem sems to be you're so right that you can't see (or read) straight.

Wanderon

Post by Wanderon » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:42 pm

In case you didn't realize it when you bash our leaders and our government that WE ELECTED you ARE bashing our country and as such our people - a majority of the voters in this country just put Bush back in office overwhelmingly knowing full well exactly where he stands- I would dare say a great majority of those people including myself think of him as an honorable courageous leader and regardless of whether you agree with his policies or not - to call him a crook, a liar and a murderer is a slam at every single American!

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:46 pm

Well, it was just 51% of the voting American population that put Bush back in office... It's not as though Americans are overwhelmingly in favour of the man and his presidency.
There are many Americans that will say, and do say, far worse things about Bush than anything you'll read here.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:51 pm

Uh, no. It's not slamming every single American. First, some stats you may have missed from another thread.

60% voter turnout
51% for Bush
48% for Kerry

What's 51% of 60% equal?

Second, every one is entitled to an opinion and their own beliefs. Part of living in the free world your great nation fights for isn't it?

Third, I'm not even sure which thread is which any more but you mentioned "over half a century in the greatest nation in the world" somewhere. Can you show me a single poll of "best places to life in the world that listed the US as #1" (besides the ones done in the old south).

Fourth, this is the busiest forum on the boards in the last few days! :haksthumbsup:

Wanderon

Post by Wanderon » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:51 pm

The fact is that the MAJORITY of Americans who do not favor Bush would never call him a murderer and most would not even call him a liar in black and white even if they suggest that he might be lying.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:53 pm

Wanderon wrote:The fact is that the MAJORITY of Americans who do not favor Bush would never call him a murderer and most would not even call him a liar in black and white even if they suggest that he might be lying.
OMG, the US SS is gonna get us? *remembers the loss of the "community forums on IPLY and weeps*

Wanderon

Post by Wanderon » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:59 pm

Sigh- figures don't lie but liars figure you can make statistics say anything you wish- the fact is he won by a greater majority than any president in a number of years - that suggests that a majority of the country is behind him - there is no way to know what the non-voters think but logic tells us that if they were truly against him they would have gone out to vote him out- it doesn't take a genius to look at the red vs blue on the map to see which way a majority of this country thinks...