The latest movie/tv show you've seen

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Re: The latest movie/tv show you've seen

Post by Jan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:52 pm

My first, last and previous tenant left this movie behind saying it was a really bad movie. Not knowing the actor nor liking the cover I decided he was probably right for the most part of a year and then some.. It's a really bad cover and the pictures on the back - phoee, who designed this shit cover??

A little bored on a saturday night - yeah I know, I should get a life - so I decided to watch this after replay of Goofy and An Extremly Goofie movie.. And, well.. it's actually quite funny. Adam Sandler is a bit too much something for my taste sometimes, but not too much to break immersion completely.. And that's just the beginning, it's bloody hilarious sometimes. Totally surprisingly funny.

But the end.. It's a refreshing ghost of Christmas story in July.. I think, except I watched it in the middle of a January that can't seem to decide whether it should be autumn, winter or spring.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:57 pm

My girlfriend tried watching Community. I warned her the show was a steaming pile of festering goat feces but she had to see for herself. She quickly agreed and gave up on it.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Btw, I was talking about a movie callled "CLICK", but apparently I forgot to mention it..

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:41 am

First two-thirds of World Invasion: Battle LA. Had to save myself the pain and stop. Thank goodness I wasn't the sucker who bought the disc.

Bought a bunch of movies last year that's on my todo list. Deathrace 2000, Humanoids from the Deep, Not of this Earth, Galaxy of Terror, Crab Monsters and Deathstalker I-IV.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:28 pm

You have... interesting taste in your movies Gorth.

*sigh*

The Missus was just discovered watching Being Human... please... please... if there is a god... don't let Twilight be next!

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 am

Joseph wrote:You have... interesting taste in your movies Gorth. The Missus was just discovered watching Being Human... please... please... if there is a god... don't let Twilight be next!
:lol:

No idea what 'Being Human' is, but I've seen pictures from this 'Twilight' thing. Some androgynous being which I assume due to the lack of boobs to be "male".

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:19 am

I once saw a forum sig about Twilight that went something like: "Twilight: A young girl's choice between necrophilia and bestiality". I laughed.

Being Human is a BBC show. Basically it's about three 20somethngs, one ghost, one werewolf and one vampire trying to fit in to normal society by inviting the neighbours over for tea.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 am

Joseph wrote:Being Human is a BBC show. Basically it's about three 20somethngs, one ghost, one werewolf and one vampire trying to fit in to normal society by inviting the neighbours over for tea.
Doesn't sound like a bad premise in itself, so if somethings wrong, it might be in the execution :)

Last tv series that really grabbed hold of me was 'Arrested Development', something as unusual as intelligent comedy (imo), unlike the slapstick and the cringeworthy stuff.

Speaking of BBC series, I'm still feeling peevish that I can't find the 'Blakes 7' boxed set any more. I should have bought it a few years ago when Amazon had it. Ah well, it might get a re-release some day :|

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 am

Arrested Development is one of the few good shows to come out of the US in a long time. A movie is in the works but I'll be surprised if they're able to recapture the "magic" the series had.

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:38 pm

One for the Money: Good movie, Katherine Heigel was grossly miscast but the supporting sadly no-namers really propped it up

This Means War: Hilarious, not groundbreaking but very enjoyable :)

I recommend both
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Having never heard of either, I'll have to look those up.

I've been watching The Mentalist a bit lately. The Missus often gets me to watch her shows. I don't mind it actually though of the five main characters, two work well and three are largely disposable.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:40 am

Having seen anything for ages. I'm considering getting season 1 of A Game of Thrones if/when available on DVD.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:11 pm

I couldn't get into that show. Don't know why, it just didn't interest me. The gf has enjoyed it. She started watching, bought the books and I've just had no interest.

What I have enjoyed is Boardwalk Empire. Just finished Season 2 last night and I'm looking forward to Season 3. Although with so many characters killed off I'm not sure what they've got left to tell as far as the story goes.

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Dark Shadows, a lot better than expected. Fans of the Soap probably won't like it however.
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri May 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Haven't heard of either of those.

I've been watching Weeds lately. Just got into it even those it's going into its eighth season. It's good, has its laughs. Also has some outright absurdities too. If you haven't seen it it's an odd 25 minute sitcom but it's not really a sitcom, no it's got violence and drug cartels and death but... but it's not a one hour crime-drama it's a 25 minute crime-sitcom-drama thing.