Day to day, down the street and around the world
majestic

Re: The latest movie/tv show you've seen

Post by majestic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:18 am

Marcus wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 am
Whaaat! He really was a Weasley!? :lol:
Yep, the one who married Fleur. :mrgreen:
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:27 am

Ahh! I didn't know that! But then I missed the last Harry Potter movies for some reason :P

majestic

Post by majestic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm

I watched After Life on Netflix by the way. It's hilarious, but not in a laughing out loud way.

Loved the part where Ricky was at a comedy club.
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 pm

I just can't get into his work. The only thing I liked him in was Extras, which I thought was brilliant. Don't know why but I'm just not a fan of his work. I may check it out though. My wife wants to.

majestic

Post by majestic » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Joseph wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 pm
I just can't get into his work. The only thing I liked him in was Extras, which I thought was brilliant. Don't know why but I'm just not a fan of his work. I may check it out though. My wife wants to.
After Life is the only TV show thing that I've seen with Ricky Gervais. I've checked out some of his comedy programmes but didn't like them too much.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:02 pm

majestic wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:53 pm
Joseph wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 pm
After Life is the only TV show thing that I've seen with Ricky Gervais. I've checked out some of his comedy programmes but didn't like them too much.
I really liked Extras. Lampoons the entire industry quite well and had, at the time A-List stars as absurdly fictionalized versions of themselves. Like Patrick Stewart writing a script where he has telekinetic powers and is obsessed over seeing women naked courtesy of making their clothes disappear.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:51 am

I really need to buy Games of Thrones some day. Heard a lot about it, but never seen it.

As for latest "movies".... well, a Taiwanese friend of mine convinced me to join him for a couple of movies here in Melbourne and he's a Marvel/DC fan, so besides learning a lot about things that were completely unknown for an old Scandinavian like me (like, there are actually more super heroes than Batman and Superman), I've watched a few of the recent offerings, Aquaman and Captain Marvel. First one was Ok, at least when watched on the big screen, the effects were well made and needs a big screen to really appreciate the level of detail. Captain Marvel had a much better story (and the characters being generally more interesting) though (imho), so I probably enjoyed that one quite a bit more.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:36 am

We've taken a break from watching Voyager... a re-watch for me, a first full viewing all the way through for my wife... to watch the Scary Movie series, 1 through 5. Not a lot of laughs as the series goes on. Definitely died once the Wayans brothers were done and proves the sequels get progressively worse thing.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:40 pm

When the passion dies that happens. I told my idiotic friends the same will happen with the milking of Star Wars. But they wen't "No it's cool to get a Star Wars movie each year!" and seemingly "They make money!" is a good excuse for them spamming money...This from a very left leaning person. I find that ironic since I find that the worst part, killing something to just print money off it until you have a carcass left.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:37 pm

People are indeed idiots sometimes. I know people that say they hope The Walking Dead never ends because it's just so awesome, with a great story blah blah blah.

Pfft. The show hasn't been awesome for years and anyone with even a basic understanding of story telling knows a good story has to end. Going on and on and on... well, that's that what soap operas do and no-one ever accused a soap opera of being objectively good as far as a narrative.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:44 pm

I watch Walking Dead out of habit and following the little left of it, but killing off all ties to season 1 and the decline of the story? Well it is shitty now. I still enjoy it...at times. But damn so much filler on that show.

People sure are idiots. Why would anyone protect such money "laundring" habits of destroying peoples favourite IPs?

majestic

Post by majestic » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:24 pm

Gorth wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:51 am
I really need to buy Games of Thrones some day. Heard a lot about it, but never seen it.

As for latest "movies".... well, a Taiwanese friend of mine convinced me to join him for a couple of movies here in Melbourne and he's a Marvel/DC fan, so besides learning a lot about things that were completely unknown for an old Scandinavian like me (like, there are actually more super heroes than Batman and Superman), I've watched a few of the recent offerings, Aquaman and Captain Marvel. First one was Ok, at least when watched on the big screen, the effects were well made and needs a big screen to really appreciate the level of detail. Captain Marvel had a much better story (and the characters being generally more interesting) though (imho), so I probably enjoyed that one quite a bit more.
If you liked Captain Marvel which is pretty much considered an okayish entry to the MCU you'll be in for a few treats. Assuming want to, it's a bit... daunting to watch all them moofies in the correct order (look up a timeline or go by release date).

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Captain Marvel? Interesting? I have not seen the movie but just seeing Brie Larson talk and act makes me wanna go cry. But I guess the movie has the Marvel "touch" to it.

majestic

Post by majestic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:00 pm

District 9, now that it finally came to our Netflix library. I love that film. Too bad it got award snubbed.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:35 pm

I've never watched it. Maybe someday. We interrupted our VOY rewatch again, to watch S3 of Santa Clarita Diet. Light fluffy zombie cheese. Shame the seasons are only 10 episodes long.