Baley hides!

Day to day, down the street and around the world
hankinator

Post by hankinator » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:32 am

No, much older. Actually, the "cunning linguist" part doesn't have anything to do with who it is. I just always leave "...cunning linguist" as part of my title since I was a linguistics major and am fluent in five languages.
BTW, the location goes along with the persona now, too. Although, technically his ashes are no longer there since the Visigoths sacked Rome in 410.
[b][i][color=red]Let opinion be taken away, and no man will think himself wronged. If no man shall think himself wronged, then is there no more any such thing as wrong.[/color][/b][/i]

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 am

ooh cauliflowers, i almost managed to divert the subject, dear old Caligula then? why is it me around as the only one to answer questionshazard guesses without cheating?

oh, and come to think of it, you do know which fellow that plaque rests on, do you? (hmmwell, you probably know the parrot amidst the carrots as well)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:52 am

hankinator

Post by hankinator » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:56 am

Good guess, but it's Marcus Aurelius, noted Stoic philosopher as well as, obviously, Roman Emperor. My sig is from his famous "Meditations."
[b][i][color=red]Let opinion be taken away, and no man will think himself wronged. If no man shall think himself wronged, then is there no more any such thing as wrong.[/color][/b][/i]

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:58 am

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:01 am

on the more serious side by the way, for which this is definitely the wrong place i dont delve that much into romans i must admit. I know some of the big guys of course, like the hazard mentioned, but i read more about the 1200-1700 european period and the Persians troughout their days, suppose teachers did that to me, never liked Latin.

[edit]hmm, i must admit though, the name does ring a bell, but it seems a quite token name as well for a roman, i dont think i know him without cheating, definitely not from the philosophists view[/edit]