I hate...

Day to day, down the street and around the world
AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

I hate...

Post by AngryKidJoe » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:09 pm

His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:19 pm

I don't even know where to begin saying everything that is wrong with that. They want the freedom to develop nuclear technology without any checks and balances under the guise of peaceful intent yet they are completely lacking in anything I would consider even remotely approaching social morality.

Ewen Brown
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work

Post by Ewen Brown » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:25 pm

that is indeed quite *i have potty mouth* up, stupid rulings by courts are quite disturbing, it is sad when judges fail to demonstrate wisdom in their rulings, and unfortunately that seems to happen all too often around the world
some hardly reliable googled source wrote:The penal code, which is based on Iranian interpretations of Islamic law, states that if a woman injures or kills a rapist in self-defense, she will not be prosecuted. But proving self-defense is very difficult. The woman must demonstrate that her defense was equal to the danger she faced. Additionally, she must prove inflicting harm was her the last resort in escaping rape. According to press reports, in the last year one woman successfully argued self-defense while being tried for murdering an alleged rapist.
it is hard to accept that site as an objective source, i'm sure there are other things going on in iran apart for what they report, which all seems to be very focused on certain "non favorable" elements
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:34 pm

True. But then objectivity is entirely subjective. (And no, I'm not being sarcastic.)

My complete empathy is for the woman. Their boyfriends run away, leaving them. The legal system sentences her to death for defending herself from three rapists. Iran certainly seems to be a place with little to no regard for women at all.

Ewen Brown

Post by Ewen Brown » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:37 pm

if only it were the only place, many places over the world are much worse

anyway, a revolution there is on the way, it's only a matter of time

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:40 pm

Yeah, I know there are places as bad or worse in their social/legal regard towards women. I'm generalising I know but I feel for every woman in the Middle East and Africa.

As for the revolution... I'm wondering whether that will come before another pre-emptive invasion.

Ewen Brown

Post by Ewen Brown » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:43 pm

that depends on someone elses stupidity

Krazikatt

Post by Krazikatt » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:40 pm

whoa... that's a crazy article. Nice of their boyfriends to "escape" without helping them defend themselves. And I can't believe they would kill a girl for defending herself and niece. UGH... disgusting.
^..^

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:39 am

apparently it was done in self-defense, her killing a guy that is *chucks*
My breath stinks because I eat dog shit 3 times a day