Ignorance & ill-mannered idiots

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Ignorance & ill-mannered idiots

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:42 pm

Our landlord is trying to sell the house. He's tried before and now he's trying again. That's fine. Since he's trying to sell it, that means people are coming to view it. That's fine too. It's part of the process and he provides at least 24 hours notice about each viewing.

Thursday, he dropped off a letter saying there'd be a viewing at 2 PM today and 11 AM Sunday. I emailed him saying that the 11 AM Sunday viewing wasn't acceptable, or any viewing Sunday for that matter. I'm not religious but still, it's a day to rest and relax for me. He was accomadating and had his agent cancel the viewing with the instructions of not booking any more on Sundays. (The other tenants probably felt the same as I did since it's a big exception to make for one tenant when you're trying to sell.)

As for the viewing today...

I'm sitting at my desk in my room, it's close to 2 PM and I'm waiting for a knock at the door or for the doorbell to ring. Ringing the doorbell works best since if I'm listening to music or playing my guitars, I can't hear a knock from my room and I've had friends ask before "why didn't you answer when I knocked". In this instance though, I was sitting in silence reading since I was expecting someone.

Instead of a knock or the doorbell though, I hear the door open and people walking into the apartment. Seriously, what the hell is that?

I walk out and blocked them in the hallway from entering further and asked "excuse me, what do you think you're doing?". The idiot agent replies "I'm here to show the house."

Thank you captain obvious. :roll:

I asked him if he'd ever heard of knocking or ringing the doorbell. He tells me he didn't see a door bell. That's funny. "It's the black box with the white button RIGHT BESIDE THE DOOR." I told him. And even if he didn't see it, what happened to knocking. I know he saw the door because he put the key in it, turned the lock and opened the door.

He then asks if it's ok if they come in. My response was direct and succinct. "No. Get out."

They left and I called my landlord telling him he'd best have his agent brush up on proper protocol or there will be no further showings peroid and someone can buy the house seeing only 2 of the 3 apartments.

Some people just amaze me at their complete lack of intelligence and etiquette.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 am

I wish I had a clever knock, knock joke to post.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:53 pm

Ha! The funniest joke of all came in my mail box today.

All the tenants got a letter that said:
"Dear Tenant,

While showing the property on Staurday afternoon I lost my wallet. It is brown. If you have seen it, please contact me..."
and he then provides him name and cell number.

I guess that's karma. :D

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:35 pm

No, Brother Joseph. It was Fish.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:15 pm

when are you gonna return it?
My breath stinks because I eat dog shit 3 times a day