The "What's new with you?" thread

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:13 am

What's new? I am in the process of buying my first house. My financial advisor had two possible moneysuppliers. I chose one and yesterday he has asked for a proposal. If the deal is made then I buy my parents in law's house and move over in december. I become a house owner!

Octobre 31st will be my last day on this assignment. A new one is not available yet, but will likely not take long. I hope the new one is closer to home. At the moment I travel two and a half to three hours per day and I think that's too much.
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:20 am

Ruathavril wrote:What's new? I am in the process of buying my first house. My financial advisor had two possible moneysuppliers. I chose one and yesterday he has asked for a proposal. If the deal is made then I buy my parents in law's house and move over in december. I become a house owner!
Congratulations! :)

I hope to stay long enough in one place this time to get permanent residency. If so, in about a year and a half, I'll do my best to "copycat" you. It's more fun to pay your own rent, than someone elses rent.
Ruathavril wrote:Octobre 31st will be my last day on this assignment. A new one is not available yet, but will likely not take long. I hope the new one is closer to home. At the moment I travel two and a half to three hours per day and I think that's too much.
It is :(

I spent only half a year, travelling between home and work, one hour each way and I hated it with a passion. Hope you find something cllose to home :haksthumbsup:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:38 am

Congrats on buying the first home and good luck getting a new assignment ASAP.

It'll be a few years before I look at buying a home since, as I mentioned earlier, I've no real idea where I'll eventually settle other than likely not in London.

As for myself...

I thought I was getting over this cold, thought it was almost gone and then something strange happened this morning...

I found myself compelled by unknown forces to DL Manic Monday by the Bangles (on a Wednesday no less) and then, against my own will, found myself dancing around my apartment at 6AM with a cup of coffee in one hand, my bath towel in the other and insisting my flatmate sing along with me and the Bangles.

Clearly, this cold has left me highly susceptible to some form of insidious alien mind control. :shock:

Noober

Post by Noober » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:39 am

Josan wrote:dancing around my apartment at 6AM with a cup of coffee in one hand, my bath towel in the other and insisting my flatmate sing along with me and the Bangles.
I just got a mental image.

Anyway, i look forward to a time when i'm old and capable of getting up early in the morning. :twisted:
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:16 pm

Noober wrote:Anyway, i look forward to a time when i'm old and capable of getting up early in the morning. :twisted:
It's a myth... :?

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:35 pm

Congratulations Ruath! Buying a house is quite the adventure. I hope it goes well for you.

And Joseph, I've made a phone call. Please, when the medics come, don't put up a fight, it'll be a lot easier on everybody.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Noober

Post by Noober » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:14 pm

Gorth wrote:
Noober wrote:Anyway, i look forward to a time when i'm old and capable of getting up early in the morning. :twisted:
It's a myth... :?
Damn! I always thought there was some sort of truth in it.

I oversleep a lot. Recently i'm oversleeping a lot more than i'm comfortable with...

The thing is, i don't like my job. I hate it and getting up every morning is a huge challenge.

I've stated in some previous post that the people here are boring as hell and that i affecting me negatively.

I'm tired from doing nothing.

Any tips on getting up early? Because i need help :(
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:17 pm

Noober wrote:I've stated in some previous post that the people here are boring as hell and that i affecting me negatively.
Gee, thanks. I've been called a lot of things before, but "boring as hell"?!? :roll:
Noober wrote:I'm tired from doing nothing.

Any tips on getting up early? Because i need help :(
Sounds like a good old fashion depression. You are now truly a member of Winterwind :D

You need to get off those rocks of yours for a while. Work overseas and all that. Scotland, England, heck, even Canada will do. It does wonders for your personal development (seriously) :)

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:08 pm

Wow, so much to reply to in this thread.

OK, Noober, yeah, lousy work environments do cast a pall on one's mood. Start making plans to get out, try drawing some energy from looking forward.

And yeah, Gorth is "boring as hell" but don't tell him I said that. Also, I assume you were referring to the people at work. Either way... :wink:

And Phosphor, I see nothing wrong with my actions this morning as posted above. It gave Noober a mental image that will stay with him a long time. Since you were so thoughtful though to call the guys with the white coats for me you have the (dubious) honour of being the second man I've written a little ditty for.

Six o'clock already,
I was just in the middle of a dream.
I kissing that girl from down the street
when outside I heard a scream.
Looked out through the window
and saw Phosphor out there wearing a dress,
pink ribbons in his hair
and his makeup was a bloody mess

He's just another drag queen junkie (whoa-oh-oh)
who wants to touch my monkey (whoa-oh-oh)
but even though I'm hunky (whoa-oh-oh)
I don't think that's funky (whoa-oh-oh)
just another drag queen junkie.

(To whoever correctly identifies the male(?) who holds the honour of being the first or can quote the lyrics or both, you get a full size, full colour picture of me from my dance this morning!!!)

Noober

Post by Noober » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:51 am

Gorth wrote:
Noober wrote:I've stated in some previous post that the people here are boring as hell and that i affecting me negatively.
Gee, thanks. I've been called a lot of things before, but "boring as hell"?!? :roll:
As Josan pointed out, i'm referring to the people i'm working with.

I'm usually a good addition to any group of people and mostly don't have any trouble fitting in, but these old women are impossible to crack...
Josiebaby wrote:just another drag queen junkie
:lol:

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 pm

Josan wrote: Image
I suddenly realise how much this place needs Janmanden to put things into perspective. I start seeing things I didn't notice before :look:

Noober

Post by Noober » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:02 pm

Gorth wrote:
Josan wrote: Image
I suddenly realise how much this place needs Janmanden to put things into perspective. I start seeing things I didn't notice before :look:
That's the goddamn coolest smiley i've ever seen!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:38 pm

Indeed. A cool smiley.

Another thing new... I'm right bloody tired most of the time. I have plenty of energy at work but the minute I walk through the door when I get home it's just "Meh".

And the fascinating thing is that I'm not sure if I'm actually tired or just bored. I have plenty of energy if I'm going out doing something with someone but I'm not into going out by myself so I'm home alone which is most of the time, it's a state of listless lethargy.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:39 am

It sounds like you've just joined the world of the "living" again :cool:

The mental fatigue is normal. Often a by-product of dealing with people all day long. You might just want to consider picking up some kind of hobby, like martial arts. Even if you can't find an ideal trainer/place. Something to populate the "vaccuum" that follows a days work surrounded by people. Old singles like me recognise the symptoms :wink:

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:05 am

I wouldn't say "joined the world of the living again" simply because I've never experienced this type of "drain" before. And I do have hobbies, plenty in fact, but I just have no real energy to do them. Laying on the couch watching a dvd or in bed with a book have become my new hobbies. :(

I think a large part of it is my diet. Or lack of one actually. I wonder: is it an eating dis-order when you have no interest in food? A typical day is waking up around 5 or 6am, going through the day on coffee, tea and juice and then maybe eating dinner around 7 or 8pm. I just can't be bothered eating more than once a day, except maybe on the weekends when I'll eat about twice a day.