War! Whoa whoa, what is it good for...

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

War! Whoa whoa, what is it good for...

Post by Magnus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:03 pm

The animals, apparently. According to auntie Beeb, the mindless killing of people in the name of God, Marx or hard-boiled eggs, has resulted in all kinds of endangered critters making comebacks. Seems like the cause for this, is because of poachers either: a) being out of guns b) being scared of getting shot in the wilds, or c) poachers *getting* shot in the wilds.

Of course, maybe WWF or Greenpeace have finally taken that last step towards eco-terrorism...
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:54 pm

Mr Kitchloo said that the increase in wildlife was an "encouraging factor" for everyone in Kashmir.

"It is an economy generator and a renewable resource;," he said
Ummm... renewable? Does he not realise how the animals became endangered in the first place?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:27 am

'Encouraging factor' :P

Yup, kill off all the humans. Liberally sprinkle land mines in the country side and make sure obvious traffic routes are covered by snipers. The exotic birds love their new surroundings :)

Car bombs makes for excellent crowd control (nothing "disperses" a crowd as efficiently as 50kg tnt going off), so people are more worried about when next going to funerals than poaching.

I'm sure there are better ways of protecting wildlife.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...