Must Have Been A Terrible Year

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Must Have Been A Terrible Year

Post by Phosphor » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:53 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2006 ... -time.html
Congrats! You are Time's Person of the Year
All internet users crowned for 'founding and framing the new digital democracy'
Give yourself a pat on the back: you've been selected as Time magazine's "Person of the Year" — along with everyone else who uses the internet.
2006 must have been a dreadful year in terms of any individual's accomplishments for Time magazine to have named "You" as their Person Of The Year. I mean really, for "me" to have been named Person Of The Year as some sort of collective is monumentally pathetic. Internet users as Person Of The Year? Jackasses around the world posting utter crap all over the place.. MySpace for god's sake. Time must've been wanting to make some sort of veiled comment on humanity with this.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Re: Must Have Been A Terrible Year

Post by Magnus » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:20 pm

Phosphor wrote:Time must've been wanting to make some sort of veiled comment on humanity with this.
Indeed, they must finally have realised *my* superiority over my fellow human beings! World domination cannot be far off now!
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!