Greetings and salivations!

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Noober

Greetings and salivations!

Post by Noober » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:55 pm

Hey everybody!

I've been poking around the forums recently, so I thought I should say hi.

Hi...

I've been quite busy since I started working as an Account Manager and haven't really given myself the time to post anything. Lately though, work has been sparse, since most of our larger clients are vacationing, which means less work for us to do and more spare time.

That's actually why I've recently started "lurking". I prefer poking, but since the term "poking" can be misunderstood, I accept lurking.

So tell me. How's everything?
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:13 pm

Well, damn good to see you back and posting. For a while, there was some concern about "poking" since your lurking would involve searching for CB's posts... you two got something going on??? :wink:

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:29 am

Wow, the lurker finally poked his nose back into the forums again!

Hi Noober :D

So, how is life as an account manager? Busy growing hair on your chest? Deleting a lot of peoples accounts? Gotten married and having kids yet (well, it *is* a long time since you've been around)? Ever going to visit Australia? Who is your Tour de France favourite? What is your opinion on Fallout 3 and Bethesda?

Man, so many questions, so little time...
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:33 am

Gaah'kk :D
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Noober

Post by Noober » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:13 pm

Gorth wrote:So, how is life as an account manager? Busy growing hair on your chest? Deleting a lot of peoples accounts? Gotten married and having kids yet (well, it *is* a long time since you've been around)? Ever going to visit Australia?
This work certainly can get the best of me... Had a few meetings with a medium large (in Faroese context) potential customer a couple of months back. Sealed the deal and sold them a complete telecom solution. This sale ended up costing three times the original price because of special circumstances. Was really stressed out for three months, kissing ass and trying to sweeten the deal in various ways. Since then it's been smooth sailing though. :cool:

As for the hair on my chest, I'm afraid not. I have a theory, though. My hairline has started retreating from my face and I've been experiencing an increase in unnatural growth on my back. I guess when I develope a "moon" on my head, I'll be seeing an increase in chest-hair.

Haven't married yet. Hoping to get an education and a proper pay before I start thinking about marriage and kids :?

Australia is on my to-do list, as well as visiting Old Trafford with Utd. playing L'pool. Both are to expensive at this state. Am visiting Denmark in a week though. Mah girl and me got tickets for The Rolling Stones in Parken :cool: Hoping it will be quite awesome :)
Gorth wrote:Who is your Tour de France favourite? What is your opinion on Fallout 3 and Bethesda?
At this point I think the best part of Tour de France was the guy in the Devil-suit who ended up being mauled by a bull :twisted: Muahahahah!

Fallout 3 and Bethesda? I never played Fallout and thought the later Elder Scrolls were great in their own. If Fallout can incorporate a lot more "rules" and stuff with a more comprehensive storyline I imagine it has some potential.

Never thought I'd have an answer for all those questions.
D. Sauzi wrote:Gaah'kk
OH YEAH!
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:37 pm

Noober wrote:This work certainly can get the best of me... Had a few meetings with a medium large (in Faroese context) potential customer a couple of months back. Sealed the deal and sold them a complete telecom solution. This sale ended up costing three times the original price because of special circumstances. Was really stressed out for three months, kissing ass and trying to sweeten the deal in various ways. Since then it's been smooth sailing though. :cool:
I hate customers. Sadly, they are protected by the law :(
Noober wrote:As for the hair on my chest, I'm afraid not. I have a theory, though. My hairline has started retreating from my face and I've been experiencing an increase in unnatural growth on my back. I guess when I develope a "moon" on my head, I'll be seeing an increase in chest-hair.
Noobers Constant Theorem: The amount of hair on a person is constant, only the placement on the body changes over time! :idea:
Noober wrote:Haven't married yet. Hoping to get an education and a proper pay before I start thinking about marriage and kids :?
Proper pay and married are mutually exclusive (it works like two income taxes at the same time) :P
Noober wrote:Australia is on my to-do list, as well as visiting Old Trafford with Utd. playing L'pool. Both are to expensive at this state. Am visiting Denmark in a week though. Mah girl and me got tickets for The Rolling Stones in Parken :cool: Hoping it will be quite awesome :)
If they survive the trip up onto the stage without cardiac arrest, they are usually pretty good. They haven't received any bad reviews from their danish concerts in the last decade to the best of my knowledge.

And should you ever get into Old Trafford to a game between Liverpool and Man. Utd. I am going to be green with envy :wink:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Noober

Post by Noober » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:50 pm

Gorth wrote:
Noober wrote:Australia is on my to-do list, as well as visiting Old Trafford with Utd. playing L'pool. Both are to expensive at this state. Am visiting Denmark in a week though. Mah girl and me got tickets for The Rolling Stones in Parken :cool: Hoping it will be quite awesome :)
If they survive the trip up onto the stage without cardiac arrest, they are usually pretty good. They haven't received any bad reviews from their danish concerts in the last decade to the best of my knowledge.

And should you ever get into Old Trafford to a game between Liverpool and Man. Utd. I am going to be green with envy :wink:
I've been a fan of Rolling Stones for quite some time now and merely experiencing them on stage will be something to remember I bet.

On the Old Trafford thing; i'm planning on studying somewhere around Manchester september next year. If all goes as planned, I'll do everything I can to get a hold of season tickets. :) I put the "ati" in fanatic!