Day to day, down the street and around the world
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

A Psychological assessment of GW Bush

Post by Joseph » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:44 pm

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/011008A.shtml

This, although on the long side, is a very interesting read. It's a psychological assessment of America's beloved President Bush. One thing I found most interesting was their opinion that he's just "nutty" enough to refuse to leave office at the end of his term, suspending the Constitution and the elections.

I've said, since early in his first term, that he's self-obsessed and insane enough to start a war and then say he can't step down during a time of war. Guess what these doctors have said about five years later? :wink:

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Well... Knowledge is power, but ignorance rules.

Saw another article, older one, I was thinking about writing something about the sentiment above, but I found something else...

When ignorance rules...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 pm

An interesting read also. A good assessment of the ignorance (with the "disclaimer definition) of the American public as well and the comparison to the fascist growth in Nazi Germany and American politics. It's not the first time I've seen such a comparison to Bush administration and Nazi Germany.

No wonder the comments on that article were closed. It no doubt pissed off a lot of people.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:27 am

Frankly, I'm surprised he wasn't assessed to be a regular, run-off-the-mill moron. Looks, as always, seem to be deceiving.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:17 am

I'll post this here, instead of a new thread, because it's a related subject.

Earlier today, I found this on the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7195276.stm

It's a training manual for diplomats that indicates which countries are likely to use torture. The US is on the list and it also mentions some of the techniques they use, which we classify as torture.

Later today, I came across this on the CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/01/ ... anual.html

It's an apology (from some spineless Canadian politician) that "wrongly" names Canadian allies and it's apparently going to be re-written.

Pathetic. There's no doubt in the minds of most in the world that the current US administration allows torture. In the first issue of our ezine, Puuk even made the comment in his column, in reference to the subject of this thread: "What Christian advocates torture of another human being?".

I see absolutely no reason for it to be re-written and can pretty much guarantee that the apology and promised re-write wouldn't happen were it not for the fact that we currently have a conservative government in power.

If anyone should be making apologies, it's Bush and his cronies. They're the ones using torture.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:43 am

I found this surprisingly apt H. L. Mencken quote:

"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:23 pm

The current list of parties in the danish government are very pro-US and the rule of majority is based on a supporting right-wing racist and nationalist party, while there is some unofficial grumbling in the ranks of the leading liberal party, that the right-wing party blocks the liberal ideology, they are still happy to rule this mockery of democracy by one or two votes majority. This government has made it possibly for the danish police to cooperate with countries using torture and to use that information acquired by the means of torture in official investigations. It's a fucking disgrace, but Denmark should be on that list, implicitly.

ImOnWagner
Title: Sharthead

Post by ImOnWagner » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:32 am

What can i say, we're Americans; we're all about defense mechanisms.
(and fighting)
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

John Arkham

Post by John Arkham » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:09 am

I must admit that I am tempted to try to give hime an analysis but I would be too biased against him!
John Arkham - possible athiest, maybe theist, likely agnostic and unashamed mystic!

[img]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/Flamehater/france2.jpg[/img]

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:21 am

Magnus wrote:I found this surprisingly apt H. L. Mencken quote:
Heh.

Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
-- George Bernard Shaw
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Al the Apostle

Post by Al the Apostle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Some are so far gone not even Fish can save them.

And Bush actually disproves the belief that all are created equal. Some are quite clearly mentally deficient.
V) Honour thy single celled Amoeba that thine days shall be long in the Aquarium, for they were the first of the Lord thy Fish's Children.