"shocking" news

Day to day, down the street and around the world
hankinator

"shocking" news

Post by hankinator » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:28 am

OK, this may come as a shock, but it turns out that cell phone companies are ripping us off:

Text messaging rates have doubled - turns out, though, it costs the companies next to nothing to transmit them.
[b][i][color=red]Let opinion be taken away, and no man will think himself wronged. If no man shall think himself wronged, then is there no more any such thing as wrong.[/color][/b][/i]

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Bah!

Try living in Canada where we're ripped off royally by the cellular providers. Studies have shown we have some of the highest rates in the world.

And, if I recall correctly, the FCC regulates rates/rate caps.

The CRTC (the Canadian equivalent) is in bed with the telecomm swines and lets them get away with robbery.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:06 pm

You guys should support my campaign against SMS and texting. I can in good conscience claim never in my life to have sent a text message from a phone (because I can't figure out how to) :cool:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

hankinator

Post by hankinator » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Well, Gorth, I always thought the same thing, but then I discovered texting a couple years ago and it can be rather handy, not to mention addictive.
[b][i][color=red]Let opinion be taken away, and no man will think himself wronged. If no man shall think himself wronged, then is there no more any such thing as wrong.[/color][/b][/i]

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:46 am

You all complain but you do not come from the land of taxes!

We swede's tax cause we tax, we tax for living, we tax in death. We tax all the time about anything that can be taxed and everything can be taxed! Least with 25% +. :lol:

Makes one rather ARGH when one see..."including tax, 25%" on like everything you buy.

hankinator

Post by hankinator » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:56 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda familiar with Swedish taxes. A good friend of mine's ex-wife was Swedish so I heard about it all the time.
I live in the land of insane property taxes myself. New research last week showed that 13 NJ counties are in the top 20 nationwide. My county has the lowest property taxes in NJ, but is still #118 out of 1800 counties in the country.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:49 am

Heh! Where do you come from? :)