Random events of the day

Day to day, down the street and around the world
AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Re: Random events of the day

Post by AngryKidJoe » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 am

No. I've broken digits lots. Better than sprains for sure.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:27 am

I've never broken any digits but I did break a bone in my hand years ago. And foolish me, I trusted the doctor to do a proper job. The idiot never set the bone. Something I discover only after the cast came off. Nice lump there since it healed with one end on top of the other.
AngryKidJoe wrote:Does it do it if you're free spinning it and trying to listen to where it's coming from?
Flipped my bike up on the seat and handlebars last night. Gave the tire a good spin. No clicking. So whatever it is, it only happens when I'm riding, when there's weight on the bike. Any guesses?

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

GAH CONFUSION THE FORUM AND JOSEPHS DOG AVATAR! MY HEAD

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Joseph wrote:Flipped my bike up on the seat and handlebars last night. Gave the tire a good spin. No clicking. So whatever it is, it only happens when I'm riding, when there's weight on the bike. Any guesses?
I'd put my money on bearings or spokes.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun May 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Well my friends! I think this is more fitting for personal news! See you all in week! :)

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Mon May 21, 2012 7:10 am

What? I thought you'd already left for a week and this was your welcome back post.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Here's a repost of what I posted on Facebook:

Every year the Danes send the same lame bands to the Eurovision Song Contest, every year the Danes are *certain* that this time they'll win, and every year the Danes are shocked, *SHOCKED I TELL YOU*, that their same, lame and dull bands don't win. Here's a hint, and you don't even have to pay me: You don't win by being the most boring.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue May 22, 2012 10:38 pm

I think it's supposed to be boring. Lordi is still the best act in the last 30 years, yet they changed it from being a pop contest to being a critiques/experts pop contest to avoid something "like that" ever happening again. Fish forbid the Eurovision should ever become good entertainment again (it was before the end of the 70's).
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, the Danes have taken it to extremes. I don't think it's possible to any more of a milquetoast on stage, than that whats-her-name street musician they sent this year - she was so inoffensive, I was offended! I mean, come on! You are actually allowed to express stronger emotions than smiles on stage. It's not a crime, and hell, it might even improve the entire performance. And it's not like previous Danish reps haven't done some "wacky" (remember, it's the ESC after all :) ) things before. Those insufferable commentators still wax poetical about that kiss in the 50s or 60s :) Speaking of commentators, the lamers on Danish TV are seriously in love with their own voices.

But then again, it's the friggin' Eurovision Song Contest; the one time of year where national TV stations scrape the bottom of the barrel, and send bushy-tailed and wide-eyed young hopefuls to exotic locales. And the rest of us try to forget they exist :roll:

::edit::

Also, there were Russian Grandmas. They were chill as fudge, and had that cold, steely look of determination. They are not to be underestimated.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed May 23, 2012 12:09 am

Magnus wrote:Also, there were Russian Grandmas. They were chill as fudge, and had that cold, steely look of determination. They are not to be underestimated.
I heard about that in the local news down here :lol:

Sadly, as a first, they are going to broadcast the event(s) down here. Good thing I'm mostly ignoring my TV anyway. Only thing I try to catch these days is 'Castle' on the early Sunday evening and otherwise just the international news from SBS every now and then.

I think I lost interest in ESC when Ein Bisschen Frieden won. I knew I wasn't the target audience :eyebrow:

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:36 pm

couldn't afford tickets to the Chicago Sky game, really sucks as they see to actually have a good team now.
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Thu May 24, 2012 2:38 am

I met a lady that has surprisingly held my attention. Wasn't expecting that. I was expecting to be casually disappointed.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed May 30, 2012 8:45 am

ESC a bunch of euro disco, bad jokes and silicon boobs. Greece girl swinged her ass in the face of her dancers and tried to win that way.

And well! I am back since of monday. Time to go check on that RP thread

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 am

Part cat, part machine, all ROFL Copter

Struck me as funny somehow. No cats were harmed in the experiment... that cat got stuffed previously and didn't care anymore.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 am

That was awfully strange. Yet quite amusing. I hope Orville will enjoy his newfound abilities of flight :)