Random events of the day

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Re: Random events of the day

Post by Gorth » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 am

Slightly unrelated (since you were asking LS), but the forecast for Christmas down here is 30-33 degrees and 60-70% humidity. I.e. steaming hot. Got myself some nice quality Cognac for the day. That should improve the "spirit" :P
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:30 am

You do realise that "How's the weather" is a sarcastic response when someone says something as outlandish as he did, right? ;)

As for my spirits, I fully expect them to be quite low. Two months ago, I was looking forward to this Christmas. Now...

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Joseph wrote:So... how's the weather?

You really do love to rant and rave, don't you?

So, considering your views on religion why is Christmas the "only thing" that keeps you going? It is, after all, a Christian holiday, celebrating the birth of Christ (something that should be obvious for the name).
Well, it is not really Christian from the beginning :) Its just a holiday I like. New years eve? Overrated shit.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Christmas is Christian. Why do you think it's called Christmas? The word means "Christ's Mass" and the holiday is a religious celebration of his birth.

How can you be so uniformed about something that is common knowledge?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Oh, isn't that cute. The most uniformed person on the forums is trying to educate. Newsflash kid, I knew it's origins before you were born.

You didn't say you like "midwinter", "winter solstice" or "yule". You said you liked Christmas.

Marcus, honestly, the last 90 minutes of chatting with you on FB have given me a headache. Your views and attitudes on women, immigrants, the religious, etc.. All the years I've known you, all the years you've been here, all the conversations former members had with you... I'd hoped as you went from a teenager to an adult things would change. They haven't

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:53 pm

I barely ever see someone use Yule in English that often.

Since we do not have a Christian term for it in Sweden, we call it Jul. It is a bit diffrent I presume.

Im not as crazy as before atleast :) I hope.

:lordfish:

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Marcus, to be honest, totally honest, I find a lot of the comments you make regarding immigrants, women and the religious extremely offensive.

I understand where some of those views can come from but I don't agree with them. Every western nation worries about immigrants coming to their country when so many people already there are poor and can't find jobs. I understand things are especially difficult in your city. But you don't argue it from a socio-economic point.

I'm not religious and am often amazed at the beliefs some hold but, for the most part, I respect their beliefs. Or at the very least, their right to have them.

As for your views on women... every woman I've ever cared about as a friend or lover has been intelligent and capable. Just as much, or more-so than any man. While I certainly take issues with militant feminism, even that is understandable to an extent because of how women have been treated in the past. Aside from the obvious biological differences women are our equals and fully deserving of equality and respect.

You really need to learn these things because some of the things you say here and the things you say in private chats are just wrong.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:30 pm

I know.

Militant feminists are those I complain on. I have a sister, I have a mother, I wish them the best, many females I studied with aswell.

I think my view of things are bit old, more fitting for mayhaps the 19 century.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:39 pm

You say "women". That means all women. You never make any specific distinctions. Words can be powerful and dangerous and you need to choose them with more care.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 pm

I always been bad at being explaining. Or so it is in my opinion. But yeah, I should be more explainign I guess in what I mean? :)

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:28 am

12 hours without a cigarette... May not seem like a lot but for a smoker trying to quit it is.

Especially when I went for a walk for some fresh air and all these people are standing on their porches or in their driveways having a smoke after gorging themselves on Christmas dinner.

I'd managed to really cut back, smoking half at a time, less and less each day but it's damned hard quitting when you're under extreme stress (and my life right now certainly is) but... had one this morning and nothing since and hopefully I pull it off this time.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:10 am

I hate women. There are exceptions, but it's mostly because of what the American culture has molded them into. I'm cheering for them to break that mold and assist when I'm not being misogynistic. Then again, now I don't really care cause Emily has turned my focus away from other ladies.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks ever so much for your encouragement as I try quitting. [/sarcasm]

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Good luck with the smokes and what not folks.

Time for hockey again :P You Canadians broke one of our players, I hope we can return the favour!

Junior World Cup.

And holy crap Gorth! TO DAMN WARM

Also need a new name I guess, Lord Sadness is emo and teeny! :haha: :look: