Random news Roundup

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Re: Random news Roundup

Post by Gorth » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Joseph wrote:
Gorth wrote: It took a while to make them point their guns the same way and Nato instructors have been busy on the ground (not just in the air) trying to teach them some very basic military stuff, like remove saftety, point gun at other guy, pull trigger etc. Oh, and try avoid hitting those on your own side now that you are at it..
Kind of sounds like you're paraphrasing the PC's dialogue when training the Misfits squad at Camp Golf. ;)
You lost me there :eyebrow:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:32 pm

So you've been playing New Vegas for how long and you haven't visited Camp Golf?

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:31 am

I have visited Camp Golf. Didn't spend too much time there. It's full of NCR guys :look:

I helped out one of two people with something minor, had an interesting conversation with an old ranger boss after finding out that he faked radio reports.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Hehe, time for me to warn you guys for a change, dump your epic loot in the thread where it belongs, would you ;)

i'd love to find 8k in one of my socks btw, not a bad score either.

Not that its too surprising, but let me add another random news bit i liked, There was this Ural political high-up whose speech has been caught on camera, where he offered gold pieces the more votes his party gets. That might hopefully put a little extra dent in United Russia's party. Would be rather ironic should they lose the elections just before they do their little Putin-Medvedev switcheroo :)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:06 am

D. Sauzi wrote:Not that its too surprising, but let me add another random news bit i liked, There was this Ural political high-up whose speech has been caught on camera, where he offered gold pieces the more votes his party gets. That might hopefully put a little extra dent in United Russia's party. Would be rather ironic should they lose the elections just before they do their little Putin-Medvedev switcheroo :)
Sounds like the democracy of ancient Rome :mrgreen:

I wish I could find the reference online somewhere, but Google is not very good when searching for Pompeii and Grafitti. I remember reading in a old newspaper (yes, like actually printed on paper) article about the excavations and one of the more humorous things found was election campaign material, scribbled on the walls which said something to the effect of "Vote for Gorthus Maximus for lower taxes and bread for all". Politics... Politics never change :roll:

Speaking of The Urals:

Chechens shot in Turkey linked to Moscow bomb inquiry
BBC wrote:Russian prosecutors have confirmed two Chechens shot dead in Turkey last month were being linked to the bombing of Moscow's busiest airport in January

They said they were investigating the deaths of Zaurbek Amriyev and Rustam Altemirov as part of their inquiry into the bombing, which killed 37 people.

Both were reportedly shot with a pistol fitted with a silencer, along with a third Chechen, Berg-Khazh Musayev.

Russian security services declined to comment on the shootings.
Nooo, would Russian security services do something like that?!? A long reach is one thing they share with Mossad.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:43 am

I dont really mind terrorists being shot. Its worse when they start shoting and killing of people who want to relief themself from secret service or aim for more humane laws.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:50 am

Wow, Iceland is really screwed...

McDonald's pulls out of Iceland

When even THEY abandon the sinking ship, you know there is a major leak below the waterline somewhere :mrgreen:

At least the Faeroe Islands had enough common sense to stay put in the union with Denmark and get their regular annual subsidies.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Actually, shutting down McDonalds is a pretty good idea. Crappy tasteless junk-food, who needs it??

Besides running a branch of a low-priced junk-food franchise that is completely dependent on imports seems like a rather stupid concept for a small, remote and isolated island.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:38 pm

They usually have local specialties. I know they've had local burgers in both Singapore, Australia and New Zealand besides their international staple burgers.

Why wouldn't they have a McSheep, McFish etc.?

Jan

Post by Jan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:29 pm

On the rare occassions that I visit McDonalds, just to get a taste of fuel for more spiteful comments, I usually lose my patience with the slow processing speed of orders and leave shop, before I ever get a taste of crap, but from the sound of it I guess you must be dying for (from) a McAussie Burger. :wink:

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:17 am

Jan wrote:On the rare occassions that I visit McDonalds, just to get a taste of fuel for more spiteful comments, I usually lose my patience with the slow processing speed of orders and leave shop, before I ever get a taste of crap, but from the sound of it I guess you must be dying for (from) a McAussie Burger. :wink:
The Mighty Angus Burger ;)

Contrary to popular belief, the "Kiwi Burger" didn't actually have Kiwis in it (just beef patty with fried egg, fried onion and gravy)

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Maybe so, but I don't go to that sexist place. Maybe if they make a Hunburger to complement the Hamburger I'd stop with the scorn for a few seconds. :lol:

Hm.. that's actually a little weird that a US company use the danish words to describe their burgers.. That's not a first. I guess Himburger just doesn't have the right capitalistic PR appeal or maybe it's just too real in that crazy psychotic country.. But they already got Hannibal.. so what's the hold up?! Maybe it's that political correctness.. In that narrow sense Himburger would be a meaty one and a Sheburger would be one with Fish, salad, green tea and humus..

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Looks like Putin is going to be Russia's new (old) ruler. No big surprise. Surprise is he had to work hard to keep his job.

Now before anybody cries foul and election fraud and give the trophy to the runner up party instead... second largest party is the communist party who want's the good old days back.

Such awesome choices :roll:

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:28 am

Putin or communists? Wow! Sucks to be in Russian.

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:23 am

Apparently state and ruling party is so tightly associated that it makes a fair election impossible.. and it's considered to be a victory in itself that the russian population were able to reduce the majority of Putin's party..

It's funny that you say that the alternative is communism, because the U.S. is part of the critics of the election.. That must be a first time that the U.S. sides with communism without fighting germans at the same time, i.e...

Btw: P for .. Poo?