Random news Roundup

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: Random news Roundup

Post by Joseph » Tue May 03, 2016 10:04 am

Um... the EU is allowing Turkey visa free travel to sweeten the migrant issue? What?

I dunno. Seems pretty simple to me. Illegally invade other countries, get sent back (or shot).

Europe has been in the toilet for a while, looks like they're getting ready to flush the handle themselves.

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue May 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Joseph wrote:Um... the EU is allowing Turkey visa free travel to sweeten the migrant issue? What?

I dunno. Seems pretty simple to me. Illegally invade other countries, get sent back (or shot).

Europe has been in the toilet for a while, looks like they're getting ready to flush the handle themselves.
It's a great deal, don't you think? On one hand you can finally and easily deport all the illegal immigrants/refugees all the while having easy access to an entire nation full of cheap wage slaves for our corporate overlords. Surely you must realize that Merkel is only looking out for us poor Europeons. ;)
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue May 03, 2016 9:35 pm

While serving up comics on a silver platter no less.

Just my view from over here but I really think Merkel is the worst thing to happen to Germany since, well, you know. He wanted to kill everyone, she wants to hug everyone. Neither works.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:48 am

Brexit... shares fall, the pound plummets and it's probably the start of the end of the EU... well, the end has been in sight for a while. This will just speed it along.

majestic

Post by majestic » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Joseph wrote:Brexit... shares fall, the pound plummets and it's probably the start of the end of the EU... well, the end has been in sight for a while. This will just speed it along.
Personally I'm glad those good for nothing special snowflakes are leaving. If I were the EU I would have kicked them long ago, but for some reason everyone is afraid that the ghost of Thatcher will come back and have their balls in a vise. Again. :haksthumbsup:
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:44 pm

Interesting perspective. Care to share the source of your dislike for the UK? Just curious since I'm on my side of the pond and don't get all the good bits here.

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Joseph wrote:Interesting perspective. Care to share the source of your dislike for the UK? Just curious since I'm on my side of the pond and don't get all the good bits here.
I don't dislike the UK as such or the people living there, only their special snowflake status, most of which harken back to how the EU dealt with Thatcher (appeasement, the irony). They have special rebates on their membership fees and still complain about having to pay them and get special funds allocated - their net contribution to the EU budget is a paltry 5%.

They keep on vetoing proposals and then complain that the EU isn't capable of acting in a swift and decisive manner. The Cameron shows up and essentially blackmails the EU to give them even more of a special snowflake status and exceptions lest "we're going to leave!" and now they *are* - or at least the popular vote decided as much. Whether they really leave or not remains to be seen.

Every time reforms are discussed or other ways to finance the EU or member states like the transaction tax you know, taxing financial transaction and high frequency trading in order to lower taxes on work, freeing up resources for the "common" guy to happily spend (which actually works, other than Reaganomics or "tricke me some crap down") the UK comes and says like "hey guys, you know, London says noooo. Sowwy!" and the matter is closed.

Besides, they're also an outlet and lobbying proxy for every need of the good old US of A. Which was vehemently against the Brexit for fear of losing influence.

See, that's why I don't see this at all as problematic. Yes, maybe others will have votes. Yes, perhaps other might leave. But here's a chance - for once - to REALLY change things, to REALLY make things better for all of us instead of the wealthy elite.

The question remains whether we'll take that chance or not. The status quo has just lost one of its foundations. Maybe we can topple it. ;)

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:31 pm

I think the EU is almost hopelessly fractured, with or without the UK.

I'd say it'll be interesting to see how things play out but scary is probably a more apt word. An unprecedented migrant crisis from a region that will always clash culturally and ethically with the West, economics globally, tensions with Russia and China (although China and the EU have no issues I know of) ... silly, silly humanity.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:32 pm

The east pretty much tells the Western and Southern part to go fudge itself when it comes to immigration. A lot of those Eastern countries are still trying to restore themself to former pre Soviet era standards or Western standards and they do not want to have hundreds of thousands of military aged men in their lands as "refugees".

Also *i have potty mouth* up crisis all over and it looks like Erdogan plotted against himself to strengthen his own position. That guy is the next dictator if he is not removed soon.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:20 am

I find it sadly funny that Turkey wants to join the EU. I always laughed at that. Now, even more.

As for the rest of Europe, particularly France and Germany, how many over there are placing the blame for these attacks on Merkel?

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:18 am

Every day something even more terrible comes out about both Clinton and Trump. Im starting to have Trump Nightmares. Fortunately he doesn't own them or it would be another of his failed businesses, amirite?

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:31 am

Ha! Good one. I think this has to be the worst election for choices. If I was an American, I wouldn't trust either but I suppose Clinton is at least more sane than Trump.

You still in Ohio? That's the President making state I hear. Isn't it something like no president has ever won the election without winning Ohio?

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:11 am

Yeah still in Ohio, nonstop political advertisements on every network and on every website. Even two adblockers dont get them all.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Horrible days.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:49 pm

That's a lot of ads.

Have to laugh at the FBI's timing in deciding to investigate Hillary again. Don't think it'll swap the election much but it's still funny.