Random news Roundup

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: Random news Roundup

Post by Joseph » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:52 am

You really have a hard time being rational without going to absurd extremes, don't you. No-one is proposing going back to stone knives and bearskins. Give your head a shake. Seriously.

You don't need to be a primitive savage living in a cave to pollute less and be more energy conscious. Seriously Marcus, whatever tunnel vision drugs you're on, share them. It must be an interesting trip.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:07 am

I take your comment offensively. You know my opinion on drugs.

There is no power solution that is proper aside nuclear power. Nuclear power can be safe, but millions of wind powered plants ruins nature in its own way and makes for a more depressive landscape then one nuclear plant built into a mountain. Good luck developing society and technology with bunch of "nature safe" electricity sources. I dont really think all those research centers built in Germany now and some here in Lund can be powered by a dozen of silly wind powerplants. We rather let some bigotry nature communists complain and get their demands through.

Water dams have killed hundreds of thousands when governments lies and proclaims they are perfect and in good condition and then they break and water swollows settlement like a flood of sin.

Guess im just overly frekking annoyed.

Bah, thanks! Im not matured buuuuh.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:26 pm

I don't care how you take my comments. Your blatant idiocy and immaturity offends me.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Yeah, whatever Joseph. The planet is overpopulated and already on the brink of dying. Removing nuclear power is not the biggest issue. If they all explode at the same time, it would be an issue but there is still enough nukes to wipe the filthy grin of humanity of the earth a couple of dozen times. I do not see what being mature has to do with wanting to remove nuclear plants. I clearly would understand if you called me stupid or uneducated but immature?

I was like a fucking iceman at my sister kick out/graduation thingy right now. Seems im growing more and more non caring/calm about things.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Between some of the posts you make, and some of the wining you do on MSN, seriously, yes, you're lacking in maturity. Most of our remaining regulars have pointed that out to you in one way or another over the years. I know you've got issues with your health, your father, your school, etc, but really, as a friend, online or otherwise, one can only handle so much. You say people in the past have told you to "man up". Man up, grow up, it's all the same.

If you want to be apathetic and bitching about left wing hippies all the time, do it with your other friends. It's tiring time after time. Especially when friendship with you seems to be tolerating your frequent bouts of "woe is me" when we're not getting anything back in return. Six weeks later you still can't be arsed to read or comment on the ezine. dousi wants more out of you in the rpg but you don't give shit about that either. But you can spam the fudge out of Facebook. And you've got your gaming reviews. Well, at least with the reviews you're somewhat enthusiastic about something.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Less complains = maturity?

Okay.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Ya know what? I'm done. It's pretty pointless trying to talk to you. It's been years now and you're still bitching about the same old crap and you never seem to understand anything I, or others here, say to you.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Hey hey easy now okay. I have my "seasons" when I get into very bad mood swings. Not blaming it but I am sorry if I said stupid things. Nothing I can repair right now although, it will have to happen in the future. A sorry do not repair things, action although stop from further breaking things. Right? I hope.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:31 am

Kiss and make up boys or I am going to have to bring in the farthammer to critically smithe you both. Save vs. Gas or go hippie instantly. I'll have you both singing Make nuclear fusion Love, not nuclear fission war.

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Joseph wrote:Let me explain this to you in very simple terms: We do not need nuclear power. There are numerous, numerous alternatives that don't harm people or the planet and that are quite capable of meeting ALL of our energy needs.
I'm not decided on this. I've done some researching on the internet and you nowhere see a credited scientist claiming that we (the entire global community) could meet our energy needs right now by simply using renewable sources.

You have claims like that of Dan Nocera of the MIT that get misreported and misinterpreted on blogs etc. He showcased a little apparatus that he wants to see mass-produced (well first refined then mass-produced) to generate energy from hydrolysis. At that same expo he also claimed that if we could harness the entire energy contained in only a swimming pool sized mass of water, we could solve the entire planet's energy needs. Overenthusiastic bloggers understood this to say that his machine could actually do that and that voila, tomorrow we'll all have free energy.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:11 pm

I find it a problem that the undeveloped nations grow rapidly in number (even if a lot die!) and the developed world is becoming smaller and smaller. It is not good for human evolution if we become less and less in the part of the world that moved mostly beyond bigotry and death from a simple disease. We need to bring in more birth contorl in the third world nations. They cannot continue "mass production" of humans like they do.

Less people = Less strain on the foodsource, less need for energy, less strain on nature (forests and such) less strain on animal life. Less need for electricity.

I soon think nature will give us a big basher with a super virus striking out maybe 3/5 of humanity. Nature done it before will do it again to keep it in check.

You simply cannot replace our society with farmers from Asia as Swedish politicans think.

Also, Im off on a three week vacation this saturday. it sucks.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Well, various studies have been done by the scientific community (sociologists, economists, environmentalists, etc, etc) that say that the earth needs to lose about 2/3 of the global population to survive. So if 4 billion people manage to get themselves killed off, there's just that much more to go around for the survivors. Mind you, a) I'd want to be one of the survivors and b) that'd be one hell of an adjustment for the human race mentally and emotionally. Unless you're a cold, callous bastard.

Marcus, you're the only person I know that every year, when you go on vacation, you say "it sucks". And every year you promise pictures and always forget to post them. I'd suggest tying strings around your fingers as reminders but you'd no doubt lose all your fingers to gangrene and not know why. ;)

Seriously, try being less negative. It'll do wonders for your mental health. And do be a dear and make dousi happy. Post in the bloody rpg. We shouldn't have to remind you every week. Wednesdays and Sundays. It's been that way for ages. And if that fails, there's always the new post icon on the index. dousi, Merl, you and I are the only ones playing. :roll:

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:39 pm

If you do not know them, its better to kill them off before you see em :P But yeah, its kind of....harsh to just bomb up 2/3

But its sucky at times! I bring pictures...promise! I need to show the Ireland pics too! Im so god damn lazy. Damn me.

I try to, but its hard when the situation is the way it is :P Seems my sis got something special for my birthday although. Im so damn curious.

I post asap.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:28 am

Waiting for the next terrorist cell to show up with weapons of mass sterilization, poisoning wells and reservoirs, drastically reducing reproduction figures.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:02 am

I am almost certain that no large-scale birth control will occurr, least of all in the poorer regions of the Earth, both for moral and practical reasons. So the problem will solve itself to some extent (more starvation, more wars) until we manage to get off this planet and grace the rest of the universe with our brood.