Random news Roundup

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Re: Random news Roundup

Post by Marcus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:08 pm

The problem is, at the current ratio of "passive invasion" into Europe, we will see a decrease in people managing to uphold our society as it is. Sweden, see a large decrease in people that finish school the way they should, increase in crimes, especially rape. People from other cultures with another view of things arrive here, uneducate, not able to read and so on.

We should educate them, give them jobs and aim to make them atheists or lightly religious. But the amount that arrives is for a society bone breaking. It has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with stopping a society in the society and stopping the creations of poverty and ghettos.

One million kronor wont do much in a Swedish classified ghetto, but it would do wonders in maybe a village in Congo! Congo is in need of help for example from the militia who pillage, murder and rape the civilians. Yet I see barely anyone from Congo arrive in Sweden. How come? They do need help big time. People die in Congo but they rather whine about how some people feel left out in society in Sweden for example.

I do not blame "race" or "ethnical" groups or whatever people like to call it. I blame culture. Culture and religion is problems.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:28 am

So our population on good ole Earth is going to hit 7 billion this year.

In 1987, we hit 5 billion.

In 1804, we were only at 1 billion.

2 billion more people on the planet in just over 20 years. Unsustainable.

This planet is in serious trouble. Not enough food an resources to go around. An ecosystem that is being destroyed. Whether it's man made or Mother Nature, I won't be surprised if something wipes out a large percentage in our lifetimes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011 ... llion.html

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 am

Probably sounds more nonchalant than intended, but I say hand me the popcorn. Too old to worry about the end of the world and no kids whose future worries me. It damn well be an interesting end of the world, going out in a blaze of meteor impacts rather than just mass starvation though.

As far as I see it, people have to abandon foolish notions like nationstates and democracy and get their butts in gear with some serious social engineering. It might suck for a few centuries but the alternative is a bitch fight over food scraps, leaving noone with any pride or dignity anyway.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Time for west to abandon Africa, Middle east and south America maybe?

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:29 am

Lord sadness wrote:Time for west to abandon Africa, Middle east and south America maybe?
I don't know about South America, it still has potential, but for the rest? Heh...

At the moment, the world has too many breeders that produces nothing but unproductive mouths too feed. Mortality just hasn't kept up with birthrates to keep a healthy constant population number.

On an equally serious note, what the heck are you Europeans doing up there?!? Is the next doom and gloom, world ending financial crisis on it's way? Sure sounds like PIGS have become PIIGS and world economy may fold like a string of domino pieces again. This time it might stay down.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 pm

My, but we're a boring bunch. Well, that and after more than seven years, we tend to know each others' views. No comments on the Norway tragedy. Nothing on the London riots.

I read the news several times a day. I'm sure most of us do... except maybe Ls... so I'm informed but... we got no talkie going. :eyebrow:

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Hmmm didnt have much to say on the Norwegian tragedy, apart from it being very sad, i feel its an incident. A big one, but an incident nonetheless, done by a single guy who doesnt deserve the attention.

The england riots do interest me though, as they seem to lack a reason. As far as i know i've never seen this before. Most closest seems the French riots a couple of years back, but they were founded by mass unemployment in Paris' slums. Theres a policeman shooting origin, of which we had a few in Holland over the years as well, but those riots usually go no further than the neighborhood things happened in.
The english politicians and police claim its simply boredom and imitation during the summer holidays, but i can't really believe that. And if it is actually the case thats even more of a problem, because that would mean something went wrong in the raising of these people. Not really sure how much oppression of the youth is left in England, i know they still use school uniforms, and i know theres a quite big rightwing community, but apart from that, i have no clue.
Also interesting is the sarcastic Iranian reaction. Their foreign affairs minister friendly asked Englands policeforce to use no violence against the rioteers, but engage in diplomatic relations with them to find a peaceful solution :D.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:19 am

Hmm, anybody been to England lately? I hear it's a riot ;)

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:27 am

*rim shot*

A cringe worthy joke. I'd think it but only you would say it. ;)

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:08 am

Well, whats there to say really. They have had an undercurrent of suppressed (repressed?) violence for a very long time (cf. hooligans) and a gangland culture thriving in a multi-ethnic, non-integrated society. Something causes the kettle to boil over and everybody joins in the fun, braying like the rest while trying to haul as much fat loot as possible out through the broken store windows.

I applaud the British police for returning the favour and rounding up the rioters, kicking in doors and raiding *their* homes in the process. It's always more fun when other people suffers pain.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Gorth wrote:Hmm, anybody been to England lately? I hear it's a riot ;)
No, but I think it's related to a bug problem. Something about a Beetle.. :wink:

Jan

Post by Jan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Well.. Ugh. Sigh. I don't like this new growing trend that danish news broadcasting services are using online to force me to watch their commercials. Video broadcasts.. Argh!!

Seems that justice and human rights can be downthrodden in case of riots..Hook'em, book'em, cook'em, but there were some completely off-topic comments that were much more fun to read.

I find the reporting of the riot itself and all the bile related to breaking the law to be much less interesting than the reasons and the reasoning behind it, but there is none of that here.

Jan

Post by Jan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:22 pm

There is going to be an election in Denmark on thursday the 15th of September and I had the unfortunate pleasure of hearing the first handbags at dawn on the national TV at my parents house.. It's was just blah-blah-blah.

I have had this feeling for a long time. I really think the leader of the oppositon Helle Thorning Schmidt has actually been planted by the conservative party to keep the social democratic party out of influence, because she is just too lame. She is like social democratic nobility, because her uncle is MP of the British parliament for the Labour party, but apart from that she has no ties or political engagement to speak of. She looks like a walking add for skin lotion, a hip and trendy, political correct alternative with zero substance other than the embarrassing and superficial comments that mark her as a complete failure.

I would really like to add a fourth power to the three. The legislative, the judical, the execute and the voting power. We could just have four options each time: Yes, No, Don't quit your day jobs, Anarchy Now!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Elections schmelections. While I always vote (sense of civic duty and all that) politics is politics. It's a game and one I'm quite sick of. Our recent federal elect proved that yet again. 60% of the country didn't want the clown we have in power but... because the left/left-centre vote was split, the only right wing party got a majority.

While the US may have a very screwy system of their own, at least the vote is really only divided between two parties

Jan

Post by Jan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:50 pm

I don't quite understand how there can be more than 200 million people represented by only two parties.. It must be a very homogenous population.. Denmark only got about 5.5 million and at least seven parties in the parliament with more parties bubbling around the threshold bar.. But I also hear of a lot of lobbyism in the U.S. Maybe they only got two parties, but I am sure there are lots of factions within each of them.

Not that I really care that much. I just have this conspiracy theory regarding that liberal mole in the social democratic party..