Random news Roundup

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Re: Random news Roundup

Post by Marcus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Exactly, lets not do that shit again and let crazy lunatics run large parts of the world.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Funny thing is... one of the only world leaders I actually respect is Putin. Don't know if I'd like him personally but I do respect him.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Well he do act like a leader for his people to the outside atleast. Rest of the leaders seem to be more concerned with a fat paycheck and please the lobby.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:57 pm

A magazine in Latin American wrote an article slamming Trudeau. Called him soft on terror (which he is) and criticized him for the multi-billion dollar arms deal he's done with Saudi Arabia. Another article here at home criticized him for the same thin and showed a table with crimes and punishments and guess what? Saudi Arabia is just as brutal as ISIS. Yet our pretty boy leader wants to sell them billions of dollars worth of arms. Trudeau is a disgrace.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:05 am

Joseph wrote:A magazine in Latin American wrote an article slamming Trudeau. Called him soft on terror (which he is) and criticized him for the multi-billion dollar arms deal he's done with Saudi Arabia. Another article here at home criticized him for the same thin and showed a table with crimes and punishments and guess what? Saudi Arabia is just as brutal as ISIS. Yet our pretty boy leader wants to sell them billions of dollars worth of arms. Trudeau is a disgrace.
Sounds like the Swedish government. They can have no problem attacking Israel but is really spooked when the Saudis go sad.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:01 am

I think 90% of all politicians should be placed in stocks in the their respective town squares and pelted with rotten fruit for a week. They probably still won't learn their lessons but it would be fun for the citizens.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:18 am

That would be a good concept to punish them with! But yes, they probably won't learn and continue to take lobbyist money.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 am

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Hahahahahaha! So true.

He was here in London recently (as in London, Ontario) and I could feel his pretty boy wimpy vibe in the air...

I wonder if what, if anything, he's feeling now that a Canadian citizen was killed because he refused to pay ransom. I think France is the only Western nation that does pay ransoms when terrorists take their citizens hostage. That's... so tricky... I understand the point, the principle of not paying ransoms because it does encourage terrorists to take more hostages for easy money but it's also bloody tragic that a life is lost.

majestic

Post by majestic » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Joseph wrote:Hahahahahaha! So true.

He was here in London recently (as in London, Ontario) and I could feel his pretty boy wimpy vibe in the air...

I wonder if what, if anything, he's feeling now that a Canadian citizen was killed because he refused to pay ransom. I think France is the only Western nation that does pay ransoms when terrorists take their citizens hostage. That's... so tricky... I understand the point, the principle of not paying ransoms because it does encourage terrorists to take more hostages for easy money but it's also bloody tragic that a life is lost.
I'd say that inofficially that happens more often than you think. Practically every time you read that the local government of Bumfuckistan helped "rescue" the hostage(s) either through military intervention or negotiations I'm pretty sure a ransom in some form has been paid.
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Joseph wrote:Hahahahahaha! So true.

I think the only country who give zero fucks is Russia. they are known to even hunt down the families of those who kidnap. Myth or not, it would not suprise me. I mean, Russia would ATTACK with Spetnaz, kill the hostage and the terrorists and call it mission completed but then on the other hand, the *i have potty mouth* learn it is no use fucking with Russia in this way. Putin might be crazy but he is a man who earns respect compared to many other soft feets in Europe and the rest of the West.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Ha! I remember when I was a kid and had Transformers toys. On the back of the package for Megatron his quote was something like "Respect through fear. Peace through tyranny".

Maybe Putin is Megatron?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Joseph wrote:Ha! I remember when I was a kid and had Transformers toys. On the back of the package for Megatron his quote was something like "Respect through fear. Peace through tyranny".

Maybe Putin is Megatron?
Holy shit! He might be! Or some face eater alien!

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon May 02, 2016 8:05 pm

And if he were... damn... Putin would be even more super awesomesauce! I for one welcome our Alien Overlord Vlady Baby!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon May 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Joseph wrote:And if he were... damn... Putin would be even more super awesomesauce! I for one welcome our Alien Overlord Vlady Baby!
Haha that be cool x) Crazy Alien Putin!