Random rant of the day

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Re: Random rant of the day

Post by Marcus » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Think im in a slight depression right now. Want to ram my head through a wall and explode.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:20 pm

You are not alone. I thought a certain individual which I have had dealings with online for more than seven years knew me by now, but as it turns out he doesn't know me at all. I just feel like quitting that relationship, because what's the point. I never really gave any conscious thought as to what I wanted out of this, but now that I know that we can never truly be friends I.. probably have to realize how naive it was of me to think that virtual space can be an extension of reality.. I also realize that betting the whole future of virtual friendships on just one person is a lot to do, but.. Well, it's a lot to swallow. I thought I was getting close to something real and then I wasn't getting anywhere at all. Maybe we were just on the wrong foot from the beginning. Lot to think about.

I know that online discussions are fraught with perils, because everyone got the time to get everything wrong and to be just as manipulative or wrong in return, but I thought those dangers could be offset by the continuity, the past, knowledge and friendship, but that's assuming that friendships can be genuinely real at all and now I am not so sure about it all.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Melodramatic much?

Have you ever, at any point in the past seven years, stopped and wondered why you pissed off so many people? Have you ever actually re-read your posts and seen how negative and insulting you are?

I like you Jan, I appreciate the fact that you've stuck around, helped out with coding and made Paypal donations. I appreciate that a great deal but you are, as I said, extremely negative and insulting. Far, far more than you're aware. And when that's pointed out to you, you become even more insulting. You've done that several times. Most recently, AKJ. And when it was pointed out to you, you called him every name in the book.

Have you noticed how we're down to maybe ten members logging in a month and maybe making one or two posts? I'm sure you have. I'm sure you think of this as your private playground. It may as well be because there's barely anyone left. I'm not blaming you for the ghost town this place has become. People come and people go. That's the internet. Half the members dropped off when they realised we weren't a BIS fan forum dedicated to endlessly replaying 10 years old crpgs. And with crap like Facebook and twitter, even larger, more popular boards suffer. But you have chased a few people away that were around just as long as you because you are, again, whether you know it or not, very negative and rude a lot of the time.

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Well.. maybe, maybe not.

I never called AKJ anything other than what you suggested he was not, because that's exactly what he appeared to be to me. I must admit that I was secretly hoping that he would be able to see through the bullshit, forgive me and come back. I am sorry he took it that way and I am sorry that I never realized how much weight my opinion counts, in any form and humorous disguise, in his eyes. He never told me that I was his father.. Sorry. Just be cool about anything I say and sift through the words to get the most benevolent meaning and you are very close to what I meant. Too little advice too late, I know, but I thought that was common sense.

I miss Ewan. I thought he understood me in his own twisted way, but maybe I was wrong about that too.

Apparently my personality doesn't translate very well to the literal form and far too many people are being too literal about it. That sucks a lot - for me. Melodramatic.. I made a joke about Do-re-mi. Do-re-me-me-me-me-me-me-meeeee.. But Me-me-me-me-lodramatic, nah, doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Just joking here, partially, as always.

Sometimes I look at my old comments and I find them quite amusing. I just wish people would be more cool about it, because I am not here to hurt or chase anybody away.

In any case I think I should take a break. You know where to find me.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:50 am

Getting more stressed which leads to more migraines and the IBS getting worse.

No money until I either fixed 4 points or hopefully sent in papers from my doctor to prove I have health issues.

The good old days of community boards are more or less over. Facebook and Twitter is shit compared to it. I sit on forums like this so I can talk with people I enjoy and share the same hobby with. I do not do that on freaking Facebook.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Facebook is indeed annoying. I joined there for one reason only, an additional place to promote the ezine. I stay because... well, it sucks out people's souls. With one or two exceptions, nobody on my MSN contacts is online anymore but they can almost all be found on FB. I'd rather belong to a forum community than be an active member on FB any day of the week.

And sorry your stress and migraines haven't improved.

And Jan... seriously, grow up just a little, huh?

There's a difference between "personality" and your constant barrage of negativity and insults. Sometimes it's amusing, but the other times...

And seriously, lay off the melodrama with this "I'm taking a break, you know where to find me" crap. Why don't you simply stop acting like a flaming, trolling asshat and just act like a normal person? Is that too hard for you?

Jan

Post by Jan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:53 am

Pffff. It's pointless to argue with you.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:20 pm

How old are you? 39? 40? Stop acting childish. It's very simple. It's not an argument. It's a fact. In your seven or so years here your posts have largely been negative and insulting to others. Sometimes it's funny. Most of the time it isn't. I'm not the first person that's pointed that out. And I'm done discussing it with you.

Jan

Post by Jan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:04 am

I am too old to reply to that. As you said, in other words: end of discussion.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Joseph wrote:asshat
you know, i really love that word, makes me chuckle every time i see it :)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Back in the day, we used it all the time at the old IPLY/BIS boards... well, we used it in the Moderator forum since it was bad form to let some members know what we really thought of them ;)

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Phone spammers :evil:

They are almost as bad as street spammers. While the latter pester you in the street and try to push pamphlets and brochures into your hand and sign up for lifelong contracts with obscure opt-out clauses, at least you get the satisfaction of telling them to piss off face to face. Not so with phone spammers. Getting between 2 and 4 calls daily from people who wants to offer services and policies and I eventually threw in the towel and unplugged my phone. You can only stay rude for so long. Besides, people who actually have legit business calling me would know my mobile number anyway.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:31 pm

It's not as bad when you're strictly cellular. I haven't had a landline for over ten years so calls from telemarketers have gone way down. But that just makes the calls that do come even more annoying.

You can still get calls from service providers. Got one the other day from Rogers, one of the two big evil telcos here in Canada. (As you may be aware, Canada has the worst rates for internet and cellular in the world.) We recently dropped their internet and went with a company that's faster, doesn't throttle, and is much cheaper. Now if only I could find a better cellular company...

Anyhow, I try to be polite when I get called. Though India is cornering the call centre market, a lot of Canadian jobs are still in call centres so, having been in that position I tend not to be rude. But I couldn't help responding, when asked what Rogers could do to improve their service, with saying I wanted them out of business and their execs drawn and quartered.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:26 am

Joseph wrote: You can still get calls from service providers.
It's a company phone. Unless they want to lose a multimillion dollar phone contract, they better not call (the number isn't publicly listed) ;)
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:39 am

Wasn't referring to your phone in particular. "You" was a general "you" as cellular customers can still be annoyed by marketing calls from their own provider. I wouldn't expect that on a company phone. Different type of contract, different account type, etc.

Would be funny though.