Post by Magnus » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Everything is possible at Zombo.com!
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Re: Random rant of the day

Post by Magnus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:24 am

So, the opening ceremony for the 30th Olympic Games was breathtakingly beautiful. I thought it started a bit silly with the pastoral scenes, but once Kenneth Branagh delivered his speech from The Tempest, my mind was getting ever so steadily blown. Amazing light shows, wonderful choreography, and heart-touching subject matters!

"But Magnus," I hear you say "you didn't mention any of the music, and I've heard it was supposed to be awesome! And what about the other speeches by Sebastian Coe and Jacques Rogge?"

Ah yes. Here comes the subject of today's rant.

fudge Danish TV commentators.

Let me repeat that: fudge. Danish. TV. Commentators.

fudge!Danish! TV! Commentators!

Sweet merciful Fish, for those four or so hours that the opening ceremony lasted, I could hardly hear a godsdamned thing, because those two chucklefuck commentators were so in love with their own voices, that they never stopped talking. J.K. Rowling was supposed to read some passage out of some book - I couldn't hear anything, because those two morons were yammering on about some insipid and irrelevant topic. People were dancing to some kind of music, but I couldn't hear it, because Tweedledee and Tweedledogshit were busy performing rhetorical fellatio on each other. Fucking JACQUES ROGGE tried to deliver a speech, which was most likely awe-inspiring, but I didn't get to hear it, because the twin demons of logorrhea and glossolalia were busy spewing their putrid filth down my ears, wherein it didst fester, causing great consternation and torment! God! Damn!

And this happens every damn time there is some kind of big event. Live concerts? Talking over the music. Political rally? Talking over the speakers. Formula 1 post-race interviews? Talking.

Why is it so fucking difficult for Danes to keep their goddamned mouths shut when others talk? The Norwegians don't have this problem, and I would have watched the opening ceremony on Norwegian TV, if the reception wasn't so bad tonight. And even though the Faroese are a bunch of inbred morons, at least they know some fundamental principles of common courtesy; it's just too bad we can't afford to send anyone down to London to cover the damn thing.

I weep for humanity. Even more so tonight.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 am

Three things comes to my mind immediately... well, four but we don't make fun of Danes that are no longer on the boards... anyhow...

1) You're Faroese. Are you calling yourself an inbred moron?

2) Yeah, that's pretty piss poor of the commentators.

3) It's the Summer Olympics. There's no hockey so who cares?

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:59 am

1) I have a family tree, tracing my ancestors back to French Huguenots, so I'm fairly sure I'm not inbred, but the jury is still out on the moron thing. The rest of the Faroese population, though? Inbred morons.

2) Agreed!

3) Oh, completely true! I don't give the slightest and smallest of damns about the sporting events themselves, it's just the opening and closing ceremonies that I want to see. I honestly hope they're available on DVD or bluray, because they're *really* awesome.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:03 am

The people working in Danish TV are so inbred that they require DNA samples from job applicants. Only if you are a close blood relative to somebody already in there will you be considered for a job. Nepotism is alive and well and take precedence over any skills the applicant may or may not have. Your tax money at work.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:29 am

Whites
Whites
Whites
Whites
Whites

WTF is this? http://now.tufts.edu/news-releases/whit ... ism-more-o

Just saw this on the damn facey book. Please, can people just stop bitching and really consider that your fucking skin colour do not make you feel better. A so called "white" person can feel sick and offended aswell. I live in a block with a lot of imigrants. Sure thing, they might have more of a stigma around them but its like "No fucks given if you happen to be "white". What the hell that now means. I presume the Polish or the Bosniaks sure are som LUCKY guys too! THEY ARE WHITE.

fudge, if we can't even respect and accept or own "minorities" in a nation, how the hell are we supposed to even respect anyone from another nation or even continent? We down here in southern Sweden get all kinds of stupid comments thrown at us "Fat lazy Scanians! You wanna be danes! Reserve Danes!"

And then they expect everyone to be no racism. What? There is no racism aimed at native minorities now?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:04 am

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0d3_1345265589

Swedish police. Seriously, everyone is bitching about "oh you use to much violence!"

Oh please, these gangs use 100 times more violence but they bitch as soon as someone show a batoon or gun from any governmental organisation.

Heck, they should off given them all a lesson of fully equipped riot police.

And the other side of the coin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEKCJlYtUwc

God damn, he did carry a knife and was mentally challenged, Why the hell was he out alone? In Sweden many of those mentally retarded have assistants who follow them. Atleast, I seen my share of psychos in my block and I think a lot believe they one day snap and rape - murder someone. -.-

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm

I hate the Faroes Transport Authority, or however you'd translate the name of Satan Upon This Earth Incarnate from Faroese to civilised. I had to buy a new student pass online, and their piece of shit software from the bygone age of legends bugged out multiple times. "Oh well," thinks I "looks like I'll have to go to the ATM and withdraw some cash, then."

Fat chance. Their buggy POS software has managed to flag my card for "security reasons", and the damn ATM ate my card. So now I have to borrow money from mom to get to school. What's next, the bullies steal my lunch money?

*i have potty mouth*.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm

I shouldn't laugh but these types of things are extremely funny. When they happen to someone else.

Now I suppose it's my turn for a little rant... I can't fucking write anything.

I've been sitting on the latest issue of the ezine for a couple of months now. Everything is, and has been, ready to go with one exception: My article. I just can't write it. I've got point forms points typed out but every time I try to write I stare at the screen then close the file in disgust. Every night I say I'll do it tomorrow, that I really mean it this time, and still nothing. I really should have just put the issue out without it. It's been two years since I've written anything, not counting contributing questions to the Duncan Lunan interview. I've been quite content to publish everyone else's pieces but I just can't finish any of my own. And yes, it is pissing me off.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Joseph wrote:I shouldn't laugh but these types of things are extremely funny. When they happen to someone else.
Eh, I do try to give these things a slightly humorous spin, so that it reads more like a bit out of a stand-up comedy skit, rather than just the whinging of a poor student :) No reason that I should drag everyone down into the funk with me.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:58 pm

So anyone tell me whats up with womens jeans today? It shows off all the shapes and its like my father used to say "Like they poured them inside the jeans"

So women dress more shapely to show of my cleavage, bums and what not since it was anti-female before when they where dressed in tons of cloths to cover their shapes. Yet now, we are sexist for having sexy comercials and such? Whaaat. Dont dress like that then.

Damn, they make people stare on em.

Just like people and facebook "OMG! YOU ARE SUCH VILE BEASTS FOR SAYING SUCH ABOUT MY SEXY PHOTO".

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 pm

I notice a lot of women wearing jeans that should never have worn jeans. The jeans made have been made in the right shape, but something in the casting process, when they poured the women into the jeans, must have gone horribly wrong.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Lord sadness wrote:So anyone tell me whats up with womens jeans today? It shows off all the shapes and its like my father used to say "Like they poured them inside the jeans"

So women dress more shapely to show of my cleavage, bums and what not since it was anti-female before when they where dressed in tons of cloths to cover their shapes. Yet now, we are sexist for having sexy comercials and such? Whaaat. Dont dress like that then.

Damn, they make people stare on em.

Just like people and facebook "OMG! YOU ARE SUCH VILE BEASTS FOR SAYING SUCH ABOUT MY SEXY PHOTO"
Are we talking about some extra-dimensional jeans here? ;)

Teasing aside, that might be one of the few nice things about the Faroes. Women do indeed dress like they've been "poured" into their clothes, but the main philosophy behind it all seems to be "dress to impress". Compliments are neither few nor far between, and the typical reaction to a guy taking more than a sideways glance, is usually a giggle and a flirty batting of eyelashes. Of course, if you're being rude and staring a hole through their clothes, they might take offence.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Gorth wrote:I notice a lot of women wearing jeans that should never have worn jeans. The jeans made have been made in the right shape, but something in the casting process, when they poured the women into the jeans, must have gone horribly wrong.
Some people pour far too much into far too small a mould.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Indeed they do. There should be a requirement to wearing certain types of clothes, for both genders.

I'm surprised, knowing LS, that he hasn't commented on Muslim women wearing their hijabs and skin tight jeans with low-cut tops and lots of cleavage exposed. I see it all the time here and I doubt Europe is any different.