Random rant of the day

Day to day, down the street and around the world
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Re: Random rant of the day

Post by Joseph » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:52 am

My problem is the motivation. Look at the site. I haven't touched it in over a year. I simply got fed up of dealing with people that lacked reliability and integrity. For the last few years I wasn't even writing myself, just publishing other people's articles and... finally figured why bother dealing with egos and attitude when I'm not getting any pleasure out of it. It killed my interest in the site and my own writing.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:16 am

Sorry to hear that :(

My health is a roller coaster on my side. Now I feel pain, numbness, lack of balance again like I did last summer,again! in legs and arms. Fun.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:56 am

My displeasure with the site and various so-called "team" members isn't exactly new news. Too many of them were all talk and no action and, essentially, wasting my time.

And sorry to hear your health continues to plague you old boy. :(

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:13 am

Yeah I know all about that =/ Sorry to hear.

Yeah its very up and down. It doesn't help when I google symptoms either or hear my father yell "DAMN! IT MUST BE MS!"

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:59 pm

I'm sooo tired. Woke up this morning... at 4am again... and just couldn't drag my ass into work. I've been trying over-the-counter sleep aids to try and get more than four or five hours a night and they're useless. I hate pills but but I've been running on empty for ages so I'm hoping to get in to my doctor today to see if there's anything that might work.

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:05 pm

My gf just proposed to me and I said yes, parents think we can't afford to get married. So I plan on saving money to do so.
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

majestic

Post by majestic » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Gratz. ^^
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:45 am

Ah modern love, where the girls propose to the guys! Susan B. Anthony would be... I dunno. Would she be proud?

Congrats Fluffster!

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Thank you both :)
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:49 am

Grats indeed.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCLdV0mJqM

Stupid Swedish politicians dont know shit :mrgreen:

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Politicians of any nationality don't know shit. it's why they're so good and spewing it on the voters. ;)

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:03 am

Joseph wrote:Politicians of any nationality don't know shit. it's why they're so good and spewing it on the voters. ;)
The occasional scandal notwithstanding (like, you know, those ballot "problems" in certain US states a while back) it's pretty much our own fault. We do have the luxury of being able to vote, but I know a good deal of people who don't give a shit. Looking at my home right now where we had municipal council elections... yeah.

You know. Guy managed to increase our town's net debt by 500% in 5 years (I kid you not, we went from 250€ per capita to 1200€+), raised all sorts of taxes and levies in a futile attempt to compensate and still managed to get a landslide victory mostly because he gave everyone in town a free breakfast on the day before elections. That and the fact that almost 40% of all eligible voters decided to stay at home and fondle themselves or some such.

Well, and a good case of an almost US-ish voting law. It's possible (at every level, municipal/federal/national) not only to vote for a party or independent list, but to cast a vote of preference for a certain candidate of a party or list. That vote of preference is actually a nice idea - while ultimately the party and lists still nominate who gets to rule it is somewhat possible to influence this, in theory it's legally binding (well more or less, candidates can still be forced to not accept votes and all that jazz) to nominate someone with more votes of preference.

So now, get this, because in 8 of our 9 federal states a vote of preference is discarded if the candidate on the ballot is not from the party or list you actually voted for. Not so in the one where I live. Here, if you vote for a party or list and note someone from a second party as your preferred candidate the vote of preference supercedes your party vote.

Brilliant move, originally executed by our govenor who faced the problem of a massive deteriorating of his party's popularity - so what better than to carefully construct a personality cult and lie to the population (his slogan during the last election campaign was "You don't want to vote for a party? You don't have to.").

Eh... and of course there's no statistic ever made as to how many votes for other parties fall through because "Yeah sure I never voted for the conservatives but I gave him my vote of preference anyway!" errr... right.

So long story short, us Westerners don't deserve any better than what we've got. We could change it, but nobody bothers with it. :|
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:36 am

Spewing nonsense and shiting in the face of voters is a speciality. I heard in Sweden, the dumbest f's in a class is often those people learn later becomes politicians.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:18 am

Fucking Dlink routers and their stupid built in browser hijackers. Easy enough to remove but annoying when you're doing it during your morning coffee before work.

Time to throw this piece of shit at the wall and get an Asus.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Whaaaat! hijackers?