[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Winterwind Productions • View topic - Random rant of the day

Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random rant of the day
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:30 pm 

Title:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:14 pm 

Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise
Title:
I'm with CS Lewis. Democracy only prevents tyranny.

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:51 pm 
Editor

There's nothing wrong with benevolent tyranny. Nothing wrong at all. I'd be perfect for the role.

Ooh, two weeks into August and the first post is mine.

I wish I knew how to add a comments function on the website. If/when I do get the site going again it'd be better than trying to use these old boards.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:11 am 

Title:
I guess so, it is to bad facebook pages been replacing a lot of forums. I fucking hate facebook in that manner. Buncha egocentric maniacs too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:54 am 
Editor

I loathe facebook, and social media in general. The internet could be a good thing, spreading knowledge, increasing communication, understanding, etc, etc. Instead, stupidity reigns supreme. I'm becoming more cynical with each day. Humanity really is rather depressing when you think about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:56 am 

Title:
It does do the good thing.

But im a cynical fudge to and tired of people as hell.

So I have ended up playing fucking WoW now, escaping this world ;) But seriously, to many humans are shallow and seem to only see as far as their nose can point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:08 am 
Editor

I'm cynical too. But I'll never play WoW. Never.

Oh, and since this is a thread for ranting... 43C (with the humidity) in September is bullocks! It wasn't like this when I was a kid, I tells ya! Bloody climate change! Humanity is so flawed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:50 pm 

Title:
Climate change occurs naturally but humans sure fucking helps it along.

I play WoW cause I enjoy it honestly. Thought I would not but I can see the charm in it. I sit on my chair, watching shitty youtube clips otherwise. Same people who bitch about our hobbies will sit and look at "Kardashians" for hours or American Idol. Atleast we people get to know others in gaming or whatever hobbies we got.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:22 pm 
Editor

I thought I replied to this. Must be getting old.

Yes, climate change is natural but we've definitely buggered this planet in the last 200 or so years and anyone that denies our drastic impact on the environment should be taken out and shot as a traitor to humanity.

On a different note, trying to get some things back from my ex. I've got a bit still in the basement almost four years later. It's too awkward for me to go into the house and she can't lift the boxes. I asked her to just grab some important things like a microphone stand and a notebook in one of the boxes that has all my old songs, lyrics and chords, and we can worry about the rest another time. Still waiting on those simple things.

It's a shame we couldn't have salvaged a friendship after being together for seven years or so. And I really miss my puppy. C'est la vie I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:14 pm 

Title:
That is a bit sad yeah =/ I hope you can get back your stuff.

I am in some kind of limbo right now, not sure what to do with life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:03 pm 
Editor

Don't feel bad. I'm not sure either and I'm older than you. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:37 am 

Title:
True :( It is just a really strange feeling, I had other plans with life. Now im closer to 50 than 0. Very odd, fudge that nayway, but things did not go as planned. But then do they ever go as one hoped or planned they should go?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:21 am 
Editor

I'm closer to 50 than you so quit your bitching. :P

Got my things back from my ex. She brought everything actually. That was nice of her. Shame we couldn't have salvaged a friendship. When you spend almost a decade caring about each other, well, it's sad that you can't save something. And I miss my little puppy a lot. Ah well, it is what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:11 am 

Title:
Yeah that sucks! But atleast you got the stuff back which is a bonus!

Winters coming, no punt intended from GoT, but damn, I feel like shit and remember how the cold always gives me headaches.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:06 pm 

Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise
Title:
My dogs are doing well, I just have to retrain them not to pee in the house since I moved to a smaller place

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next