Day to day, down the street and around the world
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Haven't really got much to say...

Post by Joseph » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:00 pm

"Feel so washed up today. Haven't really got much to say."

Yeah, that's right, just quoted a line from a Men at Work song.

Hmm... so, what am I saying?

Obviously I haven't had much to say on here of late and haven't done a thing with the site since our anniversary almost two months ago. General apathy towards the site/forums and... *shrugs*

That and I've just been too busy with work and my personal life to put much time or energy into a site that gets nowhere near the support that's promised by a variety of people on my shit list.

Anyhow... I'll be updating the site with some new content this week and other than that, well, refer to the thread title. ;)

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Re: Haven't really got much to say...

Post by Fluffy17 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:47 pm

curious on whta the new content will be but you and I are in the same boat. Been playing DnD often enough IRL for it to be more important than forums.
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Sargallath Abraxium
Title: The Great Cornholio

Post by Sargallath Abraxium » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:38 pm

...shitlists suck... :cry:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...
ImageImageImage

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:51 am

Yeah. Positive lists are much easier to maintain. Much shorter and easier to overlook ;)
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:14 am

Curious. When I opened up the page and saw the headline "10th anniversary" I thought that there haven't been any updates in quite a while now. Logged in, found this very topic.

I'm sure Jung could make a case here. :mrgreen:
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Fluffy17 wrote:curious on whta the new content will be but you and I are in the same boat. Been playing DnD often enough IRL for it to be more important than forums.
Uh... no.

No offence but we're not in the same boat. You must have missed the "apathy" comment.

I've had the time to update the site but I haven't cared. And even if I was pressed for time, as the saying goes, "When something's important, you make the time" but again, I haven't cared.

Why not?

Because for ten years I've been saddled with, hmm, how shall I put this politely? Ah, to hell with being polite... For ten years I've been saddled with a tonne of all talk, little-to-no action people or people that are completely devoid of any sense of integrity and possessed of a complete inability to keep their word or do the simplest things in relation to the site.

Oh, hey Sargy, nice to see ya. I loves ya baby!

Sargallath Abraxium

Post by Sargallath Abraxium » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:20 pm

:eyebrow:

...ummm...yer not gonna freak out an' start choppin' up kitties or some such, are ya lad??... :look:

ImageImageImage

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:23 am

Relax Sargy, it's just a mid-life crisis :mrgreen:

That Mark Suckerberg guy was just more successful with *his* website ;)

Actually, it's probably more the strain of trying to motivate people to see things your way and share visions when people aren't really motivated beyond a brief flash of initial excitement. People have such short attention spans sometimes.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Gorth wrote:Actually, it's probably more the strain of trying to motivate people to see things your way and share visions when people aren't really motivated beyond a brief flash of initial excitement. People have such short attention spans sometimes.
It's a thought but really, there's no "vision" involved. A catch-all like "arts, pop culture and social" issues has no grand vision. It's widely varied, people can write about whatever they please. No, it's more to do with having been saddled with douche bags since Day One that are completely lacking in anything resembling integrity. Leaping readily to mind... Mattias, Lina and more recently, Gavin, the guy that did the website last summer. I didn't ask him. He offered. And he swore on a stack of bibles he'd re-code the ezine for the tenth anniversary. So... I had big plans for the tenth, big material lined up and since he didn't even have the integrity to say he'd changed his mind and simply turned into a douche that couldn't be arsed to drop me a line saying he wasn't doing it... the tenth anniversary issue died.

And on top of that, our assistant editor can't do the most basic, simple tasks in regards to marketing the articles and half of the contributors can't even take 60 seconds, literally 60 fucking seconds, to show their co-contributors a little courtesy and respect...

Pfft.

On to other things... Sargy, what's up with the continued "got milk" obsession?

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Joseph wrote:On to other things... Sargy, what's up with the continued "got milk" obsession?
I was about to ask the same thing.
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Sargallath Abraxium

Post by Sargallath Abraxium » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:20 pm

...was gonna use me "Ode to Black Isle", like i does at Obsidz, but then I figured" well, everybody likes boobies, so..."

...just like me, a classic... :lol:

ImageImageImage

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:46 am

Feeling all profound and in deep thought after staring at those bouncing... somethings (some kind of meditative effect, I'm sure). 10 years spent on forums? How the heck did time pass so quickly??? Kind of scary when you think about it. Just as a mental exercise, I tried really hard to remember what I was doing that year I registered at Obsidian, A.C. and here. I can only speculate, because I can pinpoint major events in my life down to at least the approximate year, but really, no memory of what I was doing at the exact month.

PS: German scientists says it's good for us males to stare at boobs ;)

Good news

Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Its nice to know where we all stand, isn't it.

You well knew that my wife was heavily pregnant and wound up having to have emergency surgery in early January to secure both her and kid, Joseph, and that that has made me rather distracted from everything.

You know that despite a huge build of that last year - and social work issues - that I promoted, found writers, line edited (despite having learning disabilities you would joke about before I brought them up), and generally tried to convince as many friendly writers to either write for or promote Winterwind. That they didn't all get on with Winterwind or didn't want to, I can't help - I'm not a bloody mind reader. After a few ideas sessions of how to promote Winterwind further being put to you, Joseph, and always getting your "that wont work", then after a while one loses faith in trying to come up with ideas to help.

Anyhow, I'm glad your true feelings are out in the open. So in return I shall refrain any further involvement in the bloody mag, and leave you to it. Thanks ever so much.

Joseph
Editor
Editor

Post by Joseph » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Wow. Hypersensitive much?

This has nothing to do with your wife or child and everything to do with simple things like the promoting on Facebook and Twitter before that was even a factor. I haven't expected a thing from you the past couple months because of the two of you just had a child.

You did a wonderful job recruiting writers but half the time you couldn't take 60 seconds to click "Like", "Share" and "re-tweet" while you could post pics of your dinner. I didn't ask for ideas. I simply asked you for 60 seconds.

Seriously? Did you read what I wrote? Where's my ire directed? Is your name Mattias? Or Lina? Or Gavin? Nope. Didn't think so. My only "complaint" with you, and it's the same as with the contributors, is those 60 seconds to "like/share/retweet". That's it. That's all. But hey, read into it things that aren't there if that makes you happy.

Journeymouse
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Journeymouse » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Joseph, was the dismissive tone really necessary? Michael's obviously under stress and the wording of your post doesn't help - you basically told him his opinion is unimportant before dolling out yours.