Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Haven't really got much to say...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:36 pm 
Editor

Journeymouse wrote:
Joseph, was the dismissive tone really necessary? Michael's obviously under stress and the wording of your post doesn't help - you basically told him his opinion is unimportant before dolling out yours.

The wording of my post? Telling him he did a wonderful job recruiting? Telling him that I knew the situation with his family so I hadn't expected anything from him lately because I knew what he was going through? That my only "complaint" was that the minor help marketing, from before the birth of his child?

Yeah, the hypersensitive bit was no doubt a bit much but there's more than one person under a significant amount of stress these days.

I appreciate your input, Jo, but really, this is ten years in the making, not all centred around the last few months.

In all honesty, and as any of the others that have been here far longer can verify, I've been considering shutting the forums down for ages (since they weren't even mine to begin with, they were just inherited and attached to the site) and possibly even shutting the site down.

Again, this is little to do with the past few months directly and everything to do with the last 10 years combined.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:48 pm 

Joseph wrote:
Gorth wrote:
Actually, it's probably more the strain of trying to motivate people to see things your way and share visions when people aren't really motivated beyond a brief flash of initial excitement. People have such short attention spans sometimes.

It's a thought but really, there's no "vision" involved. A catch-all like "arts, pop culture and social" issues has no grand vision. It's widely varied, people can write about whatever they please. No, it's more to do with having been saddled with douche bags since Day One that are completely lacking in anything resembling integrity. Leaping readily to mind... Mattias, Lina and more recently, Gavin, the guy that did the website last summer. I didn't ask him. He offered. And he swore on a stack of bibles he'd re-code the ezine for the tenth anniversary. So... I had big plans for the tenth, big material lined up and since he didn't even have the integrity to say he'd changed his mind and simply turned into a douche that couldn't be arsed to drop me a line saying he wasn't doing it... the tenth anniversary issue died.

And on top of that, our assistant editor can't do the most basic, simple tasks in regards to marketing the articles and half of the contributors can't even take 60 seconds, literally 60 fucking seconds, to show their co-contributors a little courtesy and respect...

Pfft.

On to other things... Sargy, what's up with the continued "got milk" obsession?

That's a little bit harsh, to see the least.

The last email you sent me regarding the Ezine was in June 2013. I haven't heard from you since on the subject. All I can gather from this is that you are very good at burning bridges.

Swore on a stack of bibles? Douche? This is getting a bit slandery.

Must admit this has rather come out of the blue for me. Last I heard you were busy with your new job.

I put in a lot of work for this site and then you turn on me like that. I can't quite believe it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:58 pm 
Editor

Oh, I do so love online drama before noon.

As I explained to you, twice now in emails this morning, you were emailed. You didn't respond. You were included in group emails, and emailed directly. You knew when the anniversary date was. You knew what was wanted and when. You even said yourself what an exciting time it was to come on board. And then nothing. And the onus is on me? Because you didn't reply? Pretty simple. If someone doesn't reply, I stop sending.

Regardless, if you and Michael want to enjoy some online antics, knock yourselves out. I have better things to do with my time then go back and forth with people I've never even met face to face.

I'm done.

So is this thread. So too these forums and soon enough no doubt, so too this site.

It's been a colossal waste of my time for 10 years.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2