[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Winterwind Productions • View topic - Olympic Hockey

Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Olympic Hockey
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:17 pm 

Title:
Watching Swiss-Sweden, 0-0 in the third period! This is horrendous! We won the world cup but cannot beat the Swiss which we destroyed with a worse team in the World cup finals...

Post subject: Re: Olympic Hockey
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm 
Editor

I'm not a fan of Olympic hockey and I cheer for women's hockey more than men's (although naturally I want Canada to win both).

Personally, I don't think the NHL players should take part in the Olympics. It's an unfair advantage for certain countries since almost all of the Canadian, Russian, Swedish and American rosters are stacked with NHL players and the other countries are often lucky to have one or two NHL players if that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:36 pm 

Title:
Well that is how it is. Our nations are better and thats how it is.

Also, Womens hockey would been diffrent if the European nation could tackle the much better at skating Canadians and USA American players in womans ice hockey.

I see the Hockey gold in the olympics as the crown achievement in a olympics. Funny thing is, Sweden often been better without NHL players.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:31 pm 
Editor

I've heard that the programs for women's hockey in Europe are way behind the NA programs. Shame, that. It basically means it's always down to the Canadian and American women's teams fighting for the gold without much competition.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 pm 

Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise
Title:
Joseph do you believe that other sports should be like that. For example let NBA stars be exempt from the olympics in basketball or just hockey?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:42 am 

Title:
It was a big big big surpise in 2006 when Sweden won a silver on the ladies side in the ice hockey. It shouldn't have happended.

And yeah, the NBA stars in the US do not have much opponents as it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:24 pm 

Title:
Sweden is down 5 goals against the US right now.

And our mens team been pretty meh too. :/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 pm 
Editor

Well, Canada barely made it past Finland yesterday but we did in over-time.

And Russia is having a hard time. I'm thinking it's going to be about Canada, the US and Sweden this time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:32 pm 

Title:
...if Canada don't soon break outta this offensive slump theys in, sit that useless Chris Kunitz, an' start playin' Subban & St. Louis, theys might be lucky ta be playin' fer bronze...time ta wake the fukkle up, Canucks!!... :x

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:57 pm 
Editor

Agreed. Kunitz is only in because he plays with Crosby on the Pens. And he only gets points because, well, gee, he plays with Crosby. And Subban would be a better addition instead of the 7th D. Hmm. How many Norris trophies to the guys ahead of him have?

And as was obvious, for the women, it's Canada vs USA for the gold.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:18 am 

Title:
I hope Canada and Sweden gets up to their proper potentiality. USA got no chance if Canada, Swedes and Russia get out all their capacity!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:39 pm 
Editor

You don't know much about the USA's hockey program or team do you? They're undeniably one of the superior teams. Personal/political bias getting in your way? ;)

And Russia is out. Ha! The host country doesn't even get to play for the bronze.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:11 pm 

Title:
Told you so!

Now I hope we crush Canada, especially cry baby Gretzky 0.5. Aka Crosby. Now im biased! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:18 pm 
Editor

"Told you so" what?

Russia was humiliated in their home country and didn't even make the medal round. Canada beat the USA by a score of 1-0. Hardly a blow out game by any stretch of the word. And while Crosby was a whiner when he first entered the league, as a teenager, he's matured.

And as for Sweden vs Canada for the gold, your national hero, Mats Sundin, was interviewed yesterday and predicts Sweden will lose. :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:37 pm 

Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise
Title:
Ouch is all I have to say. Both to my country losing and to the fact Sweden's own has doubts in their winning edge

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan