airsoft

Day to day, down the street and around the world
ImOnWagner
Title: Sharthead

airsoft

Post by ImOnWagner » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:47 pm

anyone here played airsoft? i just got a cheap gun today and its ok. you gotta play indoors otherwise the wind pwns you. its actually more fun to just shoot things out back than it is to actually play.
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:22 am

Sounds like a modified nerf gun....
[quote="Hakuri"] If she had a good personality, maybe I'd consider it, but she doesn't even have cable TV up there.[/quote]

ImOnWagner

Post by ImOnWagner » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:55 am

more of a realistic high power nerf gun- a stylish paintball gun fits the description better. it shoots the bb's at 350 feet per second which is faster than a paintball gun, but paintballs are heavier and can break your hands bones at 300 fps.
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:45 pm

War Fire wrote:more of a realistic high power nerf gun.
death by foam
[quote="Hakuri"] If she had a good personality, maybe I'd consider it, but she doesn't even have cable TV up there.[/quote]

ImOnWagner

Post by ImOnWagner » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:43 pm

kumquatq3 wrote:foam
plastic

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:15 am

War Fire wrote:
kumquatq3 wrote:foam
plastic
a carbon based product

ImOnWagner

Post by ImOnWagner » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:08 pm

i just played my first airsoft game, it was ok. not as fun as paintball. but we could do it indoors so...

Lechu

Post by Lechu » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:08 pm

That`s my team: http://oak.pl/~kret/Spodek/Zdjecia/babidol10.JPG

I definitely prefer airsoft to paintball - but it doesn`t mean that I don`t play paintball at all. I have played paintball around 7 years ago and I liked it, but it was too expensive (yep, I don`t live in very rich country).
Anyway - try a big game - the largest I participated (in airsoft) was made at military area which contains a whole village... There were around 130-140 airsofters. This area was "occupied" by paintballers too - but it was a big party where around 350 paintabllers had come.

Check out photos: http://www.tommygun.pl/index.php?YWN0aW ... 92391b16d4

Pandaman

Post by Pandaman » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:50 pm

Hardball>You
POWER TO THE PANDAS!!!

ImOnWagner

Post by ImOnWagner » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:10 am

Pandaman wrote:Hardball>You
Josan>pandaman

anyway, i have played in a few big games(52 people, not counting the refs) the thing i didnt like about it was that it was too easy to cheat and it just dosnt get your adreniline pumping like pb (in pb you also have the insentive that it hurts to get hit.)

although, yes, for the not as rich man airsoft is definitly better

Lechu

Post by Lechu » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:13 pm

Hm, there are not only pump action airsoft guns. Only the simplest are pump action. There are more expensive, which are gas guns, and the most expensive - EAGs - Electric Airsoft Guns, which has full auto mode as well as single mode. In full auto mode they fire 600 bullets per minute.
We use EAGs, some of them are tuned up even to 500 fps. The costs of paintball are high for me, because of ammo prices - in Poland you have to pay even around 1$ for 10-15 paintball ammo rounds... Sometimes it is cheaper, but in airsoft you buy 2000 bullets for 10$ and it is enough for 1 - 2 days of shooting.

ImOnWagner

Post by ImOnWagner » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:53 am

yeah, i got a full auto one. its a mini uzi but can only shoot a few times a second because it uses gravity feed. i hear ya' on the bp prices. here if you get low quality paint its 40$ for 2000. and higher quality paint can cost as much as $80 (at some tournaments)

i actually prefer the pump action airsoft guns because it gives me a restriction on how much i shoot.