So Cold

Creative arts of all kinds, produced and consumed
Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

So Cold

Post by Magnus » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:01 am

I wrote this little thing some days ago when I was on my way back home on the bus, cold and miserable. My head hurt, and it was raining. Just so you know.

*** So Cold ***

He wandered out in the bitter cold, where nothing could bring warmth to his body – or soul. The cold drove spikes through his skin, his flesh, his bones – it was all so terribly cold. The sleet fell down on his head, and as it thawed, water poured into his eyes, turning him blind in the storm. Home was so far away, and he feared he could not reach it, could not reach the safety or the warmth – the fire that burned within…

Home was safety, but home could not bring him any more heat than could the wind. He tried to warm his hands by the fire, but he could not feel anything but the biting cold. No matter how near he sat to the fire, he could not thaw his hands. Even as they blistered, and the stench filled the room, he could feel nothing but the frost that had gripped him…

He watched her dress his hands in the best manner that she could, but they were too far-gone, for her to save them. The fleshed had dribbled off the fingers first, and then his palms had started to feel all waxy. After that, the bones in his fingers had charred. Yet the pain was only a small pause from the bitter cold, a relief he could no longer feel. He was still so cold…

The knife left a big, crimson red, rose on his friend, a rose more vibrantly red, than any flower that a botanist could cherish forth, a rose that flowered in front of his eyes, as quickly as his friend grew paler in his appreciation of the gift. Finally, it got too much for him, and in his adoration, he fell to his knees, hands held out, as if praising a higher power. But he didn’t have to do that, HE was right here, right in front of him, watching…

With her touch, he could feel something. It was only a candle in the great hurricane of his misery, but it was something, something he could not create himself. It couldn’t take away the numbness, the sheer coldness, but it didn’t have to. In the slightest of touches, he could see hope ahead, a fire to burn away the ice that surrounded him…
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Snookems

Post by Snookems » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:12 am

I'm thinking that you were cold.

I used to write stuff like that in my very boring classes. Especially in college when you are Paying to go to school and the teacher's a bum.

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:41 pm

Exactly. I was feeling miserable, and I had time to kill, and just decided to post it.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!