Not So creative

Creative arts of all kinds, produced and consumed
AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Not So creative

Post by AngryKidJoe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:52 pm

This was typed in three 20 minutes session at about 3:00am. I want it about as short as it is, but improved. I did an unstatisfactory job, but I told the story I wanted the other players to know.
The day started the same, awaking from the inn to find a small group of common faces... along with some new ones as well. Discontent with his staff of defence breaking, he asked the new and old faces if a mage staff was in the market. A halfling monk of the flaming fist, Reuel the wizard, Sirena, and Rico's slave had nothing.

Uu'Nuuru then decided to pawn off his Ring of Protection of three enchantments to help afford a new staff from Mordan in the barracks. The Rainbowed Warrior and Flaming fist fought peacefully over it. The man of many colors won the auction, leaving the pale wizard, Uu'Nuuru only six thousand gold pieces to go for his Staff of Negativity.

The band ventured off to the west to battle ogres and giants. The trip was well successful. Upon returning the woman katana master known as Yasmina announced that she had a book Uu'Nuuru may wish to add to his collection. He glanced at it and when not recognizing it, he pulled one hundred gold pieces for it.

A few days have past and the necromancer pages through it, reading it very intently. This book seems to be sparking intrest and stimulating every braincell and curiocity one could possibly muster.

The back cover is folded over, closing the book. "Albertus Magnus De Secretis Mulierum" it reads on the binding. The touch of the book chills the soul, as would his magic. The similarities between the book and his own black art spellbook pull his interest further. A locked rear section, tormenting the elf's want for answers and knowledge.

Uu'Nuuru read the book many times this night, trying to uncover the secrets. This vile book mentions a book or series of books titled "The Damned" and "Book of the Dead." Both of which are not in his personal collection. That should be remedied, he thinks to himself.

Sitting in the chair near the fireplace, the elf's eyes stare in a mindful of wonder. What can this book uncover? This is knowledge I must know. Why have none of the towns folk heard of the city of R'Lyeh... I must know.

Uu'Nuuru's focus is back in a certain chapter in the Book of Secrets. This time, he is heavily studying the section. Though, the whole book focuses on forms of necromancy, this section seems to teach it in more intimate depths.

----------------------------------

Returning from his trek to Flonnery, Uu'Nuuru sells Priestess Avareth his broken Staff of Defense and takes a seat at the benches. The moon elf ponders what he thought he witnessed. Where those shadows there? Why did Sirena, Keith, and the others not see them? These are a few thoughts that passed through his mind. He decided he needed to refocus himself. The book is opened again and being reread.

A few chapters in, the necromancer reads quite a few bits of information he did not notice before. This information dives into the process of taking on the process of becoming a bit closer with the undead. Your body becomes similar to those you control. The first task at hand was increasing the strength of your internal foundation, the skeleton. En'Daedeloth proceeded to the graveyard to the north, where the ritual required it take place.

Upon accomplishing the ritual, Uu'Nuuru felt stronger. His muscles did not gain mass or power, but his bones hardened his battle stance, making it easier to deflect a blow. Even if he missed, he felt as if his body could accept a bit more physical punishment. He returned to the fort with a bit more confidance, he placed a spell he felt he was skilled enough to memorize and cast flawlessly when uninterupted. He closed his black leatherbound spell book and reopened the Book of Secrets. Returning to his favoured bench, the reading began again.

Exploring for subtle clues at what he must do next, he was being slightly bothered by the ambient conversations between some townsfolk and what appeared to be a mage sitting across from him. His curiocity greater than his desire for reading, he closes the book and greets the wizard.

Through a few moments of small talk, Uu'Nuuru quickly learns that it is indeed a wizard, with his mind on the arcane spire. Though, noone is around to answer his questions. This is when the mage confronts Uu'Nuuru of the book his is currently holding.

The pair skip the accessable pages and focus on the locked. The mage, who's name he learned as Shukenja, dispells the magic and reads to Uu'Nuuru what it says. It is an incantation, a summoning spell to be exact. Though, it is one of great requirements. The book owner does not meet them, he's not even close. Though, Shukenja bears a gift. Magic nuts that empower a casters comprehension of magic and grants the consumer a flawless casting period for a short time. Uu'Nuuru accepts.

Copying the summon to paper, the components are quite epic. Lich Bones, Vampire teeth, Dragon Scales, and Fairy Dust are all hard to aquire. Some far more than the others. Uu'Nuuru En'Daedeloth can not take this task alone. Upon this realization the mage Shukenja morphs into his true form and steps into a portal, one that Uu'Nuuru has seen before, but can not recall exactly where.

The solo wizard turns back to the benches, pondering what his next step should be. Whom to ask for aid? How to ask? Even wondering if this summon is something he is willing to do. The runes are out of his knowledge, though, the way they are written out gives them away as a summon of the black arts.

-----------------------------------

Uu'Nuuru goes to Mordan Skald for assistance. 200 coins were paid to have Mordan's bat deliver a message to Sirena. The message was asking of assistance. He waited. Upon Sirena and her party's return, he stated that he needed fairy dust and dragon scales. He also wished to hunt vampires. Elelia overheard this and told them to seek her out if they managed to accomplish the dust and scales. She would aid them in locating undead to slay.

After persuading the party to aid him, they left. The road east was full of thieves which were easily disposed of. The swamps became quick work, Uu'Nuuru had prepaired acid for the trolls.

Upon closing in on their destination of the black dragon cove, a swarm of pixies attacked, the Nymph must have felt threatened. After their lives were silenced, Uu'Nuuru felt a bit guilty as he did not wish for it to end in violence. He shrugged it off and had a member gather the fairy dust. They proceeded to the cave.

Filled with goblin like creatures that burst into acid upon death, the group found it best to dispose of them from a distance. Bigger creatures, were also found, a bit difficult but the way was cleared without too much drama.

Uu'Nuuru attempted to talk to the dragon; it replied with an acid breathe. He quickly ran to the back of the group. For the luck of the party it was just a youthling. A challenge none the less. The scales were collected, the treasure horde remained locked. Finding that the party had no means of unlocking or breaking the huge doors. Uu'Nuuru figured the dragon may have slaves behind it. He pounded on the door paired with the comment "Slaves, you are free to go unharmed, the dragon has been slain." To which a group of black dragon cultists bust open the doors and begin attacking the party. Suprisingly no one of the group was slain. The treasure raided, finding quite a sum of gold and a Kukri known as "Cutting Star."

While the rest of the group thinking that they have accomplished what they have come for, they return to Brandt so Uu'Nuuru can complete the task he promised Elelia; slaying the undead. They met up with the wolven guard and he directed them to a ghost town North of the Bandit cave... they proceeded after meeting up with Keith Bensen and relieving themselves of the weighted loot found at the dragon hoard.

The town was barren. Not a single soul walked about, though the hoards of the soulless gave the Ghost Town the compliment it needed. The skeletons attacked by the masses, mages, gigantic, and warriors in packs proceeded to attack wave after wave. Each wave fell, unsuccessful and the group proceeded to the interior of the main building. Vampires, skeletons, and a lich gave the party huge problems. Though, the party accepted that they needed Uu'Nuuru's dark summons, he welcomed his skeleton warrior with buffing spells. They continued their battle Each member fell a few times but was saved by the aid of another member. Not a word said, Uu'Nuuru gathered his lich bones and vampire teeth and proceeded to leave. The group followed in glory that they just slain a lich. Uu'Nuuru chuckled to himself as he knew there is only one way to end a liches unlife. Something that the party did not know of. He let is pass.

Exiting the castle of vileness, literally hundreds of undead awaited them. Swords swung, bones crumbled. Spells crackled, skeletons burned. The group was victorious. The path to the ghost town was sealed off, and Uu'Nuuru could finally complete his summon. He granted those that wish to leave his blessings and laid the components down. He chanted the arcane phrases on the paper and the ground shook. The components began to burn in a hellish fire in which a red beam of light flaired from to reach the sky. The earth split, revealing it's sharp claws of boulders that shielded the necromancer from the intense spell reprecussion. Magical beams exploded around the concentrated magic. They completed the circumfrance counterclockwise...and all was quiet.

Laying there in the still grass was a staff. The bone red demon claw stretched for almost two meters. At the top end the claw grasped a purple glowing orb containing highly concentrated negative energy. It was now in Uu'Nuuru's hands. His suprise was immense as he thought it would summon an epic undead and slay him rather than this. He rejoiced in harmony. Well, as harmonous as an apprentice of necromancy could conjure. He thanked each member of the group and gave them each 500 coins for their aid.

Using the staffs power to wither the remaining bandits on the way home, Uu'Nuuru smiled at his new found staff. Unfortunately the bandits that engaged in melee with the Pale Master soon felt fear as they became paralyzed and could no longer feel the life they once held within them. No blood was spilled. It was all obsorbed into the staff and transfered it's life to the pale elf grasp. Uu'Nuuru aproved greatly of his find and continued his journey home, to Brandt.

Opening the west gates, En'Daedeloth spotted Shukenja and thanked him. The mysterious wizard nodded in approval and replied, "Good, Your father will reward me well." Transforming into his original Lich form, he once again stepped through the portal. Uu'Nuuru's head hung low as the emotional burden inside him swelled. He would keep the staff, which he recognized as the creation of the lich in true form. His name was Tizeal, and little did he know that one day this staff would end his fathers evil reign. He attempted to shake it off, though did not quite succeed. He focused once again on the staff.

The way the staff was constructed hinted something quite remarkable. Uu'Nuuru came to the realization that if he used stronger spell components it would improve the staffs power. Uu'Nuuru set the staff down and pondered. 'What could be more powerful than a lich's bones and a dragon's scale?'
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

AutumnMarie

Post by AutumnMarie » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:00 pm

You wrote this instead of cuddling with me?! I HATE YOU! I'm getting a divorce!

Love,
Autumn

PS: Just kidding.
I'm not interested in being interesting.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:08 pm

Yes, dear. Right away, dear. Anything you say, dear. I'm sorry, dear. Yes, that's my sincere apology dear. No, it's not another woman, dear. Yes, you're the only one I love, dear. It's just a video game, dear.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:30 pm

You gave this story not as much love as you do your wife. You can do better than this! Now back to work on another story and don't mind your wife! :twisted:

;) Sorry, couldn't resist. I like the story though the way you wrote it grates a bit. I don't know precisely what my problem with the style is, but it doesn't read easily for me. I suspect it is the speed with which things happen. The transitions aren't smooth to my feeling to make it feel like you're jumping from one action to the next while telling too little of the necromancer's motives.
One more thing, it would make it easier if you mentioned Uu'Nuuru's name before those of the other's. Now I was quite a way into the text before I realized it is centered around an elf necromancer called Uu'Nuuru.
But, all criticism aside, as a whole I like what you wrote and read it with pleasure. Thank you for sharing it!

Ruathavril/Eddy
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c