Vinyl. Mmm.

Creative arts of all kinds, produced and consumed
AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Vinyl. Mmm.

Post by AngryKidJoe » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:18 am

I rediscovered my love for Vinyl LPs. I found my turntable when removing crap from my mother's basement. I went out today and purchased Slayer's World Painted Blood and Every Time I Die's New Junk Aesthetic. I really enjoy the superior sound quality. I'm still a little baffled that CDs can't compete with it. I even started looking at USB turntables so I can rip LPs to MP3s. I've been listening to sound samples of CD ripped MP3s and Vinyl Ripped MP3s and even so, Vinyl comes out heavily superior.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:50 pm

I've often felt that vinyl has more "warmth" whereas CDs sound more "clinical".

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:13 pm

I just ordered a 7" with two christmas songs on it done by a metal band. They're instrumentals. I'd recommend giving them a listen.

August Burns Red - Carol of the Bells
August Burns Red - O Come, O Come Emmanuel
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 am

I just bought SPAWN - The Album on vinyl. I love this soundtrack. I didn't think I'd actually find it. I really like it when 2 artists get together and mix a song. I'm very pleased with this purchase. I got a steal of a deal on the price too. It's going for 66.00 Euros in Europe and I only found 2 copies in the US. All used. The other one was in 'mediocre' condition.

TRACKLIST:
01. Filter & The Crystal Method - (Can't You) Trip Like I Do
02. Marilyn Manson & Sneaker Pimps - Long Hard Road Out Of Hell
03. Orbital & Kirk Hammett - Satan
04. Korn & The Dust Brothers - Kick The P.A.
05. Butthole Surfers & Moby - Tiny Rubberband
06. Metallica & DJ Spooky - For Whom The Bell Tolls (The Irony If It All)
07. Stabbing Westward & Wink - Torn Apart
08. Mansun & 808 State - Skin Up Pin Up
09. Prodigy & Tom Morello - One Man Army
10. Silverchair & Vitro - Spawn
11. Henry Rollins & Goldie - T-4 Strain
12. Incubus & D.J. Greyboy - Familiar
13. Slayer & Atari Teenage Riot - No Remorse (I Wanna Die)
14. Soul Coughing & Roni Size - A Plane Scraped Its Belly On A Sooty Yellow Moon

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Re:

Post by Gorth » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:44 am

Josan wrote:I've often felt that vinyl has more "warmth" whereas CDs sound more "clinical".
Maybe I should have read this thread first. See my reply in other "format" thread :lol:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Re: Vinyl. Mmm.

Post by Jan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:21 pm

Vinyl is definitely more suitable for dirty guitar music, blues, rock'n roll, etc.. Did I really have to mention guitar in that sentence?!

But it made the electronica sound really odd and annoying.. and the classical collection too.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vinyl. Mmm.

Post by AngryKidJoe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm going to have to disagree, though, it is a personal preference. I have Atari Teenage Riot and NIN on vinyl. Not really "electronica", well, ATR is 'digital hardcore' but as long as everything is kept clean there aren't any 'pops' from dust. Though, vinyl can be extremely inconvenient but that inconvenience is something that I like. I think everything is too fast paced these days and having to listen to an entire album and kind of 'work' for listening to music makes me appreciate it more.