AKJ's Vinyl Collection

Creative arts of all kinds, produced and consumed
AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Re: AKJ's Vinyl Collection

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:23 pm

I just bought the new KMFDM and How to Destroy angels LPs. Both are industrial. Earlier today I bought four death metal records, i.e., Cannibal Corpse ... and an Alanis Morissette 'Jagged Little Pill' LP.

Which one doesn't fit?
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:00 am

Well, Jagged Little Pill doesn't fit. And she's not my cup of tea but it's still a brilliant album (even if, as we all know, there's very little that's ironic in her track "Ironic"). I had the album, well, CD, myself back in the day.

I could just never get into the industrial and death metal genres personally. I can appreciate and respect good writing in any genre, good musicianship and production values, etc, it's just not something that gets my toe tapping. Although if given a choice between that and the hip-hop, techno, dance whatever genre, I'd take industrial.

The other day at work someone switched the radio station to some "Enegry FM" station and I couldn't do squat about it. Since they haven't made me a supervisor yet and I don't have the keys to the office where the radio is and some supervisor that works evenings likes that crap so I had to listen to that swill and when they announced a friggin Justin Beiber song I started, literally working while singing to myself, "Lalalalalalalalala... I'm not listening... no you can't make me listen to Justin Beiber... lalalalala..." and tossing it songs from the Wizard of Oz. Try keeping that up for four minutes or however long it took.

Trailer Park Jesus
Title: wal-mart greeter

Post by Trailer Park Jesus » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:31 pm

hiphop dance whatever isn't even music.

i'll just stick to rock, alternative. whatever they call it now. how many different genres are there now? 1000?
magnus wants me. he's so gay.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:05 pm

A friend and I build this record/stereo cabinet. It's a Smoke finish on the outside and a Dark Cherry Mahogany on the inside. I must say; I'm quite pleased with the end result. The pic, however, is a wee bit canted.

His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:10 pm

I like the wood. On the cabinet. The wall panelling screams 1970s. Oh, yeah, you are in Wisconsin.