Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing right now?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:42 am 
Editor

Still playing Black Ops 3. I wish my wife was more into Zombies but she can barely stand it and just wants to play multiplayer. I keep pointing out that all the DLC trophies are for Zombies thus, it's better and more important but that doesn't work. I have finally made her aware of the actual story though and that there are easter egg/quests in each and that's increased her interest a bit because some of the easter eggs are impossible solo.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:32 pm 

Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise
Title: Token Archer Fan
I just played Discworld Ankh-Morpork with my sister and brother. Very nice game that actually didn't turn out to overstay it's welcome as I thought it would (sadly that's the fate of most of my heavier board games). Sadly since Pratchett is dead now the license is gone and due to the laws and license rules of the publisher the game is now permanently out of print so you would probably only be able to find it at a high price.

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:12 pm 
Editor

Bloody licensing and copyright bullocks, eh?

For myself, presently addicted to Fallout Shelter. While I will never give Bethesda money directly for their crap take on Fallout and remain loyal to Black Isle/Obsidian for crpg/console, it's a mobile game so I don't see it as bad to play something of there's. And as mobile games go, it's quite good. If Bethesda stuck to mobile games instead of vast, pretty worlds with brutally broken leveling systems and some of the worst, shallow, amateur writing I've ever encountered in pc or console gaming, I might actually like them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:32 pm 
Editor

So... The Walking Dead No Man's Land is the first truly free to play game I've found. My wife and I are both enjoying it and it hasn't cost a cent. And there's no need to spend any money unless you're ridiculously impatient. Star Trek Timelines on the other hand... What a rip off. Distruptor Beam has to be the greediest developer out there. It's almost impossible to achieve any progress without signing over your pay cheque.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:07 am 

If you like action game you could check out Path of Exile. Only cosmetic upgrades for money, no gameplay help (uhm, might be storage space on sale, I don't know, never needed it anyway). ;)

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:48 pm 

Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise
Title: Token Archer Fan
playing an old game called Civ 4 I freaking love it. Better than Cive 5 for the most part and slightly more nuanced than Civ 6. All three games deserve to exist though. Plus Civ 4's tech tree is a bit on the dumb side.

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86