gamespy title fight

Gaming discussion for all platforms
xian

gamespy title fight

Post by xian » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:58 am

what do u think about the title fight??
i think the title fight is pointless because games won only because of their fan base like diablo2 against fo2 :evil: :evil: . and im also wondering why ps:t wasn't in the title fight :cry:

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:13 am

The title fight is pointless because, as we say in the Netherlands, they are comparing apples to pears. It's so subjective which is the better game. In fact, what they are actually measuring is the popularity of the various games.
Besides, the extralife entries are positioned in a weird way as well. This all makes me take it too seriously. I have my personal top ten which changes by the day, well month...
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:33 am

Ruathavril wrote:The title fight is pointless because, as we say in the Netherlands, they are comparing apples to pears. It's so subjective which is the better game.
You wouldn't believe how many people are copying you Dutch
Ruathravil wrote:I have my personal top ten which changes by the day, well month...
Tell me where you get all those good games from

Of course the titlefights are pointless,altought it wouldn't be any better if an enlightened jury of 10 were nominating the best games of the last decade.As for Ps:T not being in there,well,you mentioned fanbases yourself...

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:48 am

Runenklinge wrote: You wouldn't believe how many people are copying you Dutch
If only they copied other words than apartheid :(
Ah well, can't win them all...
Ruathravil wrote:I have my personal top ten which changes by the day, well month...
Tell me where you get all those good games from
:oops: Ok, I'll admit. year or lustrum (I mean every 5 years)
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:43 pm

Ruathavril wrote:The title fight is pointless because, as we say in the Netherlands, they are comparing apples to pears.

Or, as we say in the US, Apples to Oranges. You do know what an orange is, dont you? Im just making sure non-US people know what Im talking about; Im amazed that someone didnt know what "popping a cap" or "dusting yo ass" meant. Thats why, whenever I say something that someone might not understand, I make sure that they should.

KC

Post by KC » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:51 pm

It's funny to learn new 'slang'...mostly from songs, TV or movies, though almost a missmash (sp?) of various sources, and not a coherent entity.
[b]Current inventory[/b]:
- Leather armor, leather jerkin, ragged pants
- Quality dagger (from the Task Master), blowpipe, dart quiver
- A gem bag filled with some gems, copper coins, a strange amulet, a silver medaillion

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:41 am

MERLANCE wrote:
Ruathavril wrote:The title fight is pointless because, as we say in the Netherlands, they are comparing apples to pears.

Or, as we say in the US, Apples to Oranges. You do know what an orange is, dont you? Im just making sure non-US people know what Im talking about; Im amazed that someone didnt know what "popping a cap" or "dusting yo ass" meant. Thats why, whenever I say something that someone might not understand, I make sure that they should.
It's a good thing you do that because expressions like that are not learned at school or in a language course. Oranges however are basic idiom, since they are a common kind of fruit.

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:24 am

There is no way Diablo 2 is better than Starcraft or FO2. Just no way.
[quote="Hakuri"] If she had a good personality, maybe I'd consider it, but she doesn't even have cable TV up there.[/quote]