Morrowind help

Gaming discussion for all platforms
MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Morrowind help

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:55 am

I might as well post a real question here. Not for cheats, but for help. Perhaps it would go in General Gaming better than Cheats, but it could potentially ruin the game for someone.

So my question is...

Who has a lot of gold that you can sell items to? Like, in the area of 10000+ gp. I know very few people in MOrrowind likely have that cash, but there has to be someone. Also, where can I find them?

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:40 am

i must admit i have been searching for someone like that too, i've taken over a store in Balmora as a house by murdering the owner and casting mark and recall and stuff. The owner had a very expensive sword and i've been trying to sell it in Vivec, with no success compared to the price.

I asked a friend, and he told e about at least one shopkeeper having such gold stash (the weapon i had was +-9000), but he was from the first expansion from Morrowind. if you have that one (don't ask me the names, i havent got them...) tell me, and i'll ask the friend who it was again, and which city and stuff.

btw, yes i'm member of the imperial legion :twisted:
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

majestic

Re: Morrowind help

Post by majestic » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:02 pm

MERLANCE wrote:Who has a lot of gold that you can sell items to? Like, in the area of 10000+ gp. I know very few people in MOrrowind likely have that cash, but there has to be someone. Also, where can I find them?
Go to Caldera, Ghorak Manor, search the second floor. You'll find "Creeper", a merchant that buys and sells at full value, and has 5000GP.

Repair your stuff before selling it to him. Here's how you can get him to buy your stuff at full price:

Sell him something worth 5000, or less
Wait 24 hours
Buy that item - he now has 10000GP at his disposal
Sell the 10k item
Wait 24 hours
Sell the 5K item again

You just need some stuff to get started. I recommend killing some Vivec guard and take his loot (the mace alone is worth 12k), then bribe yourself free.*

edit:

Or you could just edit a merchant to have millions of gold.

* cheese warning:

You can do that right at level 1. There are nice spots in Vivec where you can kill a guard with ranged weaponry or weapons with a good reach without him ever coming to you.

Works wonders. Heh.
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

Lord Tingeling

Post by Lord Tingeling » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:38 pm

*slaps Majestic silly*

It's powergamers like you who really destroy my personal playing experience! :evil:

Ahem. If you want some quick cash at the start of the game, go to Suran and pick up the glass dagger at the pawnbroker. Since it's so worn out, you should be able to get it for a few golders. After that, repair it (costs about 300-400 at a smithy) and sell it to creeper for 4K.
-- Canadians. So mellow. So laid back. So gay.

This post may contain nuts.

majestic

Post by majestic » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:40 pm

Lord Tingeling wrote:*slaps Majestic silly*

It's powergamers like you who really destroy my personal playing experience! :evil:
Hush, hush. The gold's worthless in Morrowind anyway. The only thing you ever need are some exquisite clothes and Azura's star.
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Lord Tingeling

Post by Lord Tingeling » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:54 pm

Never realized what's so great about Azura's. True, it never breaks, but it doesn't make enchanting any easier, either. And you still need to carry those extra Grand Soul Gems anyway...

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:49 pm

Uh, the clothes you wear matters? I have tailored trousers and a common shirt.

I managed to get a set of Dark Brotherhood armor at level 3 or so... I wish those assassins would show up...

I always meant to go into Ghorak manor, but never bothered.

I have an ebony spear that I got off of a dremora in a shrine under Vivec. Some Daedra Prince of Madness wanted me to go kill a guy and take his fork or something...

I stole a glass dagger from an unattended room in the Telvanni place. It was either "Telvanni wizard" or "Telvanni sorceror" who it was located in a room under.

i Really hate wandering around the wilderness, but last night I wwalked into a place called "Milk" with a bunch of people who tried to kill me, and some crazy guy talking like a madman. Any advice on that?

Lord Tingeling

Post by Lord Tingeling » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:07 pm

No, but their innate ability for ultimate cheese does.

MERLANCE

Post by MERLANCE » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:06 am

Lord Tingeling wrote:
No, but their innate ability for ultimate cheese does.

Huh? Is this some sort of "Tarrasque in the Oasis" thing where you try to convince someone who is not completely familiar with the game (im level 30 or so) that something exists which really doesnt.

Oh, back to the gold thing.... Now I have a Daedric Wakazashi priced at 48000... itll be some hard work getting enough stuff to sell to that Creeper guy... Oh, I got it off of another Dark Brotherhood assassin. I havent had one of those in a while.

NEW QUESTION:

Where is that Appelles Matus or whatever his name is that Im supposed to talk to? i search high and low in Ebonheart, and I cant find him. They say "Up on the battlements" but hes not on any of the battlements that Ive seen. Whcih is all of them.

majestic

Post by majestic » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:46 am

MERLANCE wrote:Huh? Is this some sort of "Tarrasque in the Oasis" thing where you try to convince someone who is not completely familiar with the game (im level 30 or so) that something exists which really doesnt.
No it is quite real. The higher the clothes quality, the better the enchantment value.

So, exquisite clothes (and jewlery) can take lots of constant effects enchantment. Enough even to get, say, 100% sanctuary (=unhittable in melee), 100% spell absorb (= immune to magic) or flat out 100% chameleon (= invisible), hence "cheese".

Windwalker

Post by Windwalker » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:58 pm

if you want quick money at the start look in the watch towers in balmora.. on the top of a dresser in one of the towers (i forget which tower) is a magic sword, it sells for a handsome ammout (i forget exactly) and you might even want to keep it becase its rather good. Just crouch and wait for the guard to look away, or if you dont care about paying a small fine, shoot the guard and run down the stairs, let him catch you at the bottum. pay him his 20 gold and run up and grab it before he desides to go back.

and in addition to the Creeper theres supposedly a mud crab on some remote island that suposedly does the same as the creeper but starts of at 10 000 gold... if someone could confirm that.. i never did find him

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:40 pm

If you've got the Tribunal expansion, you can sell "artifacts" at the museum for half their value or thirtythousand, whichever is lower. I think it's thirty.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!