E3 2004: Metal Gear Solid 3 Code Stolen

Gaming discussion for all platforms
kumquatq3

E3 2004: Metal Gear Solid 3 Code Stolen

Post by kumquatq3 » Fri May 14, 2004 10:22 pm

Solid Snake would be proud:

May 14, 2004 - As reported today on Gamesradar, two unidentified people attending E3 yesterday made off with the demo code for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. The one-level demo has been on display at Sony and Konami's booths.

According to reports, the two thieves, believed to be young men between 19-20 years old, cracked the case protecting the demo PS2 and leaned against the unit until they were able to eject the disc. They then made a mad dash for the doors.

The LAPD are currently investigating the situation, though details about the perpetrators are still unknown. We've heard no official comment from Konami, Sony, or the Los Angeles Convention Center so far, but we'll keep you updated with developments as they come in.
-- David Adams
[quote="Hakuri"] If she had a good personality, maybe I'd consider it, but she doesn't even have cable TV up there.[/quote]

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Fri May 14, 2004 10:46 pm

Oh you must be kidding me. And what do they plan on doing with it? Selling it to another company is the only hope for profit. I mean, come on.

Valqorez

Post by Valqorez » Fri May 14, 2004 10:49 pm

I think the big worries with things like these (espeically HL2) is that sometimes this demo stuff isn't 100% secure and compiled, so a: the game engine can be extracted (now that, or parts of it, could be sold). And b: people would be able to look at the game workings and easily make cheats to be used in online play (the big concern about HL2)
[url=http://www.singlouder.com]Chart Midi Files[/url]
[url=http://www.bluearena.com]Blue Arena hosting and Web Solutions[/url]

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Fri May 14, 2004 10:56 pm

They likely only did it for bragging rights. Of course, as soon as they tell their friends about it, they're screwed.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Valqorez

Post by Valqorez » Fri May 14, 2004 10:58 pm

Yeah, I bet the guy who stole the HL2 code and delayed the games release by a year is realy popular with his mates.
[url=http://www.singlouder.com]Chart Midi Files[/url]
[url=http://www.bluearena.com]Blue Arena hosting and Web Solutions[/url]

Windwalker

Post by Windwalker » Fri May 14, 2004 11:19 pm

They likely only did it for bragging rights. Of course, as soon as they tell their friends about it, they're screwed.
probally what happend... its a possiblity but i dont think they wanted to take it for the engine, cheats... well lets just keep an eye out on the net, you might come across it and if you do... yes cheats will be a big concern

if its delayed they better be carefull becuase i'll hunt them down myself :evil:

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Fri May 14, 2004 11:21 pm

Valqorez wrote:Yeah, I bet the guy who stole the HL2 code and delayed the games release by a year is realy popular with his mates.
i never really liked Half Llife. It was dull and uninspired, with a horribly dated engine. If anyone can prevent another one from coming out, I would give them a gold star.

Of course, Metal Gear Solid was fun.

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Fri May 14, 2004 11:50 pm

MERLANCE wrote:i never really liked Half Llife. It was dull and uninspired, with a horribly dated engine. If anyone can prevent another one from coming out, I would give them a gold star.
Have you seen the recent trailers for HL2?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Spider

Post by Spider » Sat May 15, 2004 9:21 am

Or the screenshots for V:TM - Bloodlines?
[b]Josan[/b] on the power of commas:
"I saw a comma slay a fiendish burglyronic embryo of drenella 5 once."