SuxBox Live (in general)

Gaming discussion for all platforms
majestic

SuxBox Live (in general)

Post by majestic » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:25 am

Can someone please explain its sense to me?

I mean, why shell out extra dollars (in addition to the ISP's fee) to play multiplayer modes that are free for the PC versions of the games?

For the few XBox only titles? To get patches (on consoles, no less :roll:) and get M$ bugfixes that render your hacks useless (and no, there are other appliances than piracy)? I'm confused.
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:47 pm

I won't purchase a game that charges monthylyt, it makes no sence to me.

I've played Everquest online at a friends house once, and I loved it...but it's a shame they rape you when it comes to playing online. That's also one of the few complaints I have about the XBOX, though XBL was a gift to me, I find myself playing Capcom VS SNK 2 against the Asian habitants. Since they're pretty much the only ones that play that game online. Good times, IMO, not really worth the money unless you spend at least 4 hours a day playing that one game.

Other than that, and people ripping on me because of a prejudice they have for MS, I really enjoy my XBOX.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

majestic

Post by majestic » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:16 pm

crazy.joe wrote:Other than that, and people ripping on me because of a prejudice they have for MS, I really enjoy my XBOX.
Mine gathers dust. :shrug:
Requested: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of Fullerene cable, one low-yield nuclear warhead.

Visceris

Post by Visceris » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:50 pm

X-Box is only a dumb down PC. Why bother with an X-Box when their titles, at least the good ones, will make it to the PC anyway?

If I would spend the money on a console it would be a Game Cube. It has a reasonable price, some good titles, and very small that it takes up less space.

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:52 am

Capcom VS SNK 2 isn't available on the PC, let alone another console with online support :-)

You don't have to worry about the latest games running shotty on your system. So the $200 you spend saves a few hundred on upgrades. That's my perspective.

Though, I don't feel the need to defend my opinion on the XBOX, I enjoy it and that's all that matters to me.
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Visceris

Post by Visceris » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:02 pm

The problem here can the X-Box, or any console, play the games I like to play. So far the X-Box has only 2 that I would play while my PC has... well... more than that.

Skynet

Post by Skynet » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:04 pm

majestic wrote:
crazy.joe wrote:Other than that, and people ripping on me because of a prejudice they have for MS, I really enjoy my XBOX.
Mine gathers dust. :shrug:
Then send it to me. :D
"Is that a REAL robot?"
"Yeah, but don't bother it. I think it wants to destroy the human race."
-Wright kid and The Chosen One

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:28 am

Skynet wrote:Then send it to me. :D

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:34 pm

i got a xbox too, i choose that console cause a mate of mine has a gamecube for all the party games and xbox has the most of everything to my opinion (genre-like).

i haven't got the live plugin, and indeed i wont buy it, spending monthly charges si something i wont do pretty fast and playing on inet i can do with my pc anyway, i've got that xbox to be able to play games with mates who are visiting me, good games for that are Kung Fu Chaos and Serious Sam, i pretty much like the console thingy, though it's purely for multiplayer at home for me.

BossBandor

Post by BossBandor » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:44 pm

i got an xbox mainly for KOTOR, now that its completed, its waiting a new title. I was thinking of getting Dark Alliance II. Is it good on the Xbox?

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:19 am

Yeah, I have it and I've played it for over 60 hours already. Then again, I'm a BG:DA freak. :-)

Visceris

Post by Visceris » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:11 am

60 hours on BGDA?!?!?

I beaten that game in 12 on hard.