No more Jagged Alliances ?

pc, console, pnp, hell, even your phone
Gorth
Patron
Patron

No more Jagged Alliances ?

Post by Gorth » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:53 am

2006-09-01 - STRATEGY FIRST TERMINATES THEIR AGGREMENT WITH GAME FACTORY INTERCATIVE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF JAGGED ALLIANCE GAMES.
Software publisher Strategy First, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SSTR) announced today that their Agreements with Game Factory Interactive relative to the development, publishing and distribution of the titles “Jagged Alliance 3” and “Jagged Alliance 3D” have been terminated. Game Factory Interactive will therefore not have any right to publish, distribute, license nor to develop any Jagged Alliance title or derivative products for any platform.

http://www.strategyfirst.com/press/Disp ... cleID=3299

:(

Somebody please tell me, that they just want to find a better, non-eastern european developer.

Who am I kidding. Looks like one of my favorite games are never going to get a successor :haksthumbsdown:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:52 am

I'm sure it'll be picked up again.. Jagged Alliance seems to be the game that will not die, no matter how often it's waylaid.
I've never played these games, but JA3D was looking pretty promising.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:07 pm

And I thought you were into all things turnbased :wink:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:11 pm

For some reason, JA is one of those games that just keeps passing me by. It's like the movie Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas.. It's a movie I should see, Terry Gilliam directing Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro, but I just haven't got around to seeing it.

Perhaps one day I'll play JA and watch Fear & Loathing, and it'll be like the stars align or something ;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:19 pm

Hmm it doesnt surprise me that much. What i saw of it, it was based on Silent Storms engine, which is quite an old game already. It didnt seem to add much more than the Jagged Alliance feel, which is good enough of course, but it doesnt really strike me that the series want a 'greater' successor.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."