Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Fallout: "Shooter" (FO3)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:35 pm 
Contributor

Title: Metal Head
The more I play it, though, the more I like it. I think the 1st/3rd person perspective fits the atmosphere. I really enjoy the compass's use with a high perception as well as VATS for my PC being quite the shot when I'm not necessarily the best. Especially when there are multiple targets and I'm stealthed and I get 4 sneak attack head shots in a couple seconds.

I still need to figure out how to turn off my Pipboy so I have an increased stealth bonus. Unless of course it just refers to a radio transmission. Fallout 3 is definitely growing on me and quite rapidly. I think the bashing of it is often due to those that are far to nostalgic. I've played the originals but I didn't think the gameplay was all that great. It was the story, humor, and presentation that kept me going. The stories and quests in here could be better thus far, but I'm having a good time playing through it.

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy Obsidian's improvements to the game in Fallout: New Vegas. Especially considering Obsidian has some Fallout original developers on hand.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 pm 
Editor

I'm assuming, not having checked into it, that JE is the lead. If Avellone works on it, I really hope he learned from what he did with New Reno in FO2 and doesn't do an area like that again.

I've yet to play a single game Obsidian has done (but then remember, I'm not a gamer) but I know whatever they do will be far, far better than what Bethesda released and called FO3.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:48 am 
Contributor

Found a bug. The game crashes when you're in Vault 112's Tranquility Lane and you attempt to use your Pip-Boy.

EDIT: Nevermind. Only the first time I used it. I've come to the conclusion that Lincoln's Repeater is the best gun in the game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:08 pm 
Contributor

I was wondering towards an undiscovered location marker in the southwest of the Capital Wasteland. I was amazed at what I found. This game just got a bunch of :haksthumbsup: from me with referencing H.P. Lovecraft (Cthulu).

If you have the game and have yet discovered the Dunwich Building, do so. Though, I need to find out if there are any quests there. (Upon tabbed browsing, the addon Point Lookout has a quest there)