Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes/MS Wireless Desktop 800
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:28 pm 

Title: The 6th Non-Sense
I accidentally stumbled on this.. The reviews all seem to be shining, but it's not a Might & Magic game, but apparently some kind of isometric platformer anime puzzle quest.. I have been looking for a review from a reliable source, but all I can find are brainwashed and short termed yes-men..

My old keyboard was starting to really annoy as I was typing this so I went and got another. Unfortunately the supermarket which has become such a conglomerate of products seems to have cut their pc section.. I had to ask a clerk for a keyboard and he got me this.. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800.. It's looks pretty neat in a useless way, but it's to tightly crammed together.. I mean there is not even any space between the standard keys and the arrow keys.. I often use my thumb to navigate in blind.. and now that space between the ctrl key and and the left arrow is missing.. It's just like one long row of keys.. And I have just noticed that I also use the FU finger to mark the right end of the arrow keys.. So now 000000000000 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. oops, I have to 'mod' my keyboard now by remove the right ctrl key and the numpad zero key0000000000000 to keep a 'feel' of it. Ugh, the backspace and delete button is also to close.. can't remove anything there.. Sigh, I think this keyboard is going to get wrapped up as a kind of present for some tree to my mother.. in exchange for that Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard I lend her.. Another one of those keyboards that mess with key layout and placements to confuse my fingers..

Anyway, it seems that Clash of Heroes is not related to Might & Magic at all as only Heroes V is mentioned in the timeline.. This for that??? It seems that whomever is in control of this franchise now rape and abuse it as they please. While the M&M: Clash of Heroes might be a great game for five year olds it's just a bit too cuddly-cute, fluffy and retarded for anyone else looking for a Might & Magic game, too cartoonish, not that it was ever really intellectual in any way, but this.. Anime crap and ugh.. Arrrrgh.

Post subject: Re: Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes/MS Wireless Desktop 800
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 am 
Patron

See what you did... now you made me look up that game. I read as far as "Ubisoft" and closed my browser again. Sorry, I don't buy anything from Ubisoft these days thanks to their DRM schemes.

As for keyboards, I got myself a nice DAS Keyboard model 'S'. It wasn't quite working properly for a few days after I spilled a glass of red wine into it (damn sticky stuff when it dries), but a nice warm bath in the bathtub seemed to loosen up its tensions a bit and it now works great again.

The 'S' stands for "Silent" (as in not particularly silent but less clicky than the non 'S' model).