Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zombie slaying on PS3 with Lord Sadness and me...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:53 pm 
Editor

Magnus wrote:
If you've been waiting for 2 months, it's gone baby. Send them an email, tell them it never arrived, and have them send a replacement. This is free of charge, since you've not received something you've already paid for. Usually, if something's not there within a month of being shipped, you're never going to see it.

Actually, I think it took them that long to ship it. Ls said he's dealing with a UK company that plenty of Swedes order from so the company is apparently legit but they only shipped it last week. Still, it is lousy service and not someone I'd make the mistake of dealing with a second time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:13 am 
Editor

AKJ and I did our first zombie session tonight. Not too shabby for two guys with only one mic. Round 7 the first game, Round 9 for the second game. I don't know how much zombies you've played before, AKJ but if that was your first time it was better than other first timers I've played with. I fully expect us to be hitting Round 20 soon enough. :)

As for hitting 99 and beyond, I've no clue how the hell people do that. I've seen the Leader Boards scores and watched youtube clips and I still don't get it. Round 30 is my best so far.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:24 am 

Title: Oh my giant of Lannister
Joseph wrote:
Actually, I think it took them that long to ship it. Ls said he's dealing with a UK company that plenty of Swedes order from so the company is apparently legit but they only shipped it last week. Still, it is lousy service and not someone I'd make the mistake of dealing with a second time.

In that case, I'd switch to another dealer. I regularly buy games from play.com, and they ship stuff (free of charge even! w00t) within a day or two, even though it's supposed to be 7-10 days of processing, or whatever. Two months is *i have potty mouth* up, and the only time I've ever experienced a wait like that, was when I bought something on Ebay out of Ukraine. Apparently it had gotten stolen by someone at the postal service, and needed to be recovered from the police :?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 pm 

Title: Mr Biased Grumpus
Oh no no, they sent it like 27-31 of July or something like that! I been waiting for months for them to get it in stock again...darn baboons.

Last time I ordered a game it took about 3-4 days from UK, now it taken forever. Slightly annoyed. I consider giving them next week aswell or should I simply send my angry mail to them right now?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 pm 

Title: Oh my giant of Lannister
If they sent it only two weeks ago, then you should definitely wait at least a week more. Sending them an angry email right now will only help you reach the very ass-end of the complaints queue. But if it still hasn't arrived in, say, 10 days or so, a polite notice that you've been waiting for months will work wonders, and you should definitely send it then. If they say it's too early, tell them you've been at the post office (doesn't matter if it's true or not ;) ), and that they don't have your parcel; also ask for a track & trace number, if there is one. Usually when stuff like this fucks up, it's because of the postal service, and all companies are aware of this.

About the angry emails, remember that these things actually get read by some poor asshole in a cubicle farm somewhere, and seeing yet another pissed off customer complaining about something they cannot change, will only make them postpone it in favour of something more important.

We thank you for using the Winterwind Productions Customer Advice service :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:45 pm 
Editor

Ah, yes, the Winterwind Productions Customer Advice service is a much needed service. We need to start charging for it. Ls, this one is a freebie but we expect payment for the next one... your sister would be acceptable currency.

And Magnus, shame you don't have a PS3. I guess you'll just have to live vicariously through us. AKJ wants me to pick up Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2. While Clancy's books bore you to tears, the game seems like it could be fun (and it's name only) and I'm sure we'll be playing more than just zombies as time goes by.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 pm 
Contributor

Title: Metal Head
It was my first zombie experience. I have the Turtle Beach DX21 now so I should be doing better. Now... if I could get a decent signal on my MiFi.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:32 pm 
Editor

Nice. And I've changed my opinion on the toughest zombie map.

Der Riese is kicking my sorry ass. It was originally released with World at War, then with the Hardened/Prestige version of Black Ops and finally with the Rezurrection DLC. I didn't play it. Figured since it was older it wouldn't be as challenging as the newer maps with the DLCs.

Man was I ever wrong. I played about 10 times yesterday and couldn't get past Round 5. Seriously, I was embarrassed.

EDIT: Played four games today. Round 4 the first game, Round 5 the second and I was considering quitting out in disgust but thought I'd do one more. That was Round 10 so I thought, "Hey, not bad, let's go again" and went to Round 19. I'm pleased with myself, what with being an old man and all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 pm 

Title Status Dispatch Date Ordered/ Pending Gift Wrapping Cost
Call of Duty: Black Ops [PS3] Despatched 27/07/2012 1 / 0 £0.00 £14.95

Fucking hell!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 pm 

I just got the game! Wow that mail I sent last sure did help eh? ;)

And its a freaking platinum version! FUuuuuuuuu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm 
Editor

Alright!!! Time to blow some zombies to pieces!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:33 pm 

Oh this was pretty fun! And a mic ordered!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:55 pm 

The mic is at the local store, just need to go fetch it then im good to go properly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:13 pm 
Editor

Well, hopefully you get it soon. Zombies will feel my wrath!

I've been playing through the campaign on Veteran mode, just for the achievment, and I remember why I hated it so much before. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die.

Absolute crap. Almost every time I go down, it's a one shot kill. Yet I can empty an entire clip into an enemy's head and if I'm lucky, they might go down. For two days now I've been trying to get to this objective that's about 100m away. The closest I've got is half way and every time I die, I start over again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 pm 

Title: Sorceror Supreme
What spot is it? Is it the one where you have to run down the hill with the VC constantly respawning?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next