Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: On Line Gaming
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:37 pm 
Contributor

Title: Metal Head
I'm still looking for fellows to play Torchlight II (which is mod-able), Neverwinter Nights, Magic: The Gathering or perhaps any Free-to-Play MMO online with. I'm still surprised that after all of these years we've only played BG2 online for a brief. The amount of Free to Play MMOs now is astounding. Dungeons & Dragons: Online, Lord of the Rings: Online, Age of Conan plus many others.

It's not so much the games I'm looking forward to playing, it's playing them with people that I consider friends that I have very little in common with.

Post subject: Re: On Line Gaming
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:44 pm 
Editor

Ah, time on your hands after your surgery?

I'm sure some of them will work alright on my laptop. Don't know how awkward it'll be, using the mousepad instead of a mouse but I've got way too much time on my hands so I may as well find out. As long as they're free. Free is good, especially right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:02 pm 
Contributor

Torchlight II has a demo if the rest of you would like to see if it'd be your cup of tea.
http://www.torchlight2game.com/buy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:03 am 
Patron

Star Wars The Old Republic is the extent of my online gaming at the moment (has a f2p option too), but my playing schedule is rather irregular and mostly opportunistic (i.e. not planning ahead, playing that day or that time, just deciding, usually late at night every few days, to put in an hour or two).

I wanted to give Neverwinter Online a try, even went as far as creating an account, but when trying to start the client, my Kaspersky threw fits and blocked it, telling me it was a html page with built in hi-jacking code. Couldn't be bothered to add it to the white list, so never got to try it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:00 pm 

Gorth wrote:
Star Wars The Old Republic is the extent of my online gaming at the moment (has a f2p option too), but my playing schedule is rather irregular and mostly opportunistic (i.e. not planning ahead, playing that day or that time, just deciding, usually late at night every few days, to put in an hour or two).

Oi, mine as well. Still trying to down those damnable Dread Guards Commanders. They just won't die, dammit!

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 am 
Patron

Dread... rings a bell. Ran into some nasty critters on Balmorra. Dread Seeded somethings. No idea what they are/were, but they sure packed a punch and made mince meat out of my poor character. I thought he was rock solid on the defence, shows what I know :roll:

Took all of 5 seconds and not just the closest ones, but a literal horde of them swarmed me. I think they are for large, high level (operations) groups only?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:53 am 
Contributor

I've been playing around with NW Online. It's actiony.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 am 

Gorth wrote:
Took all of 5 seconds and not just the closest ones, but a literal horde of them swarmed me. I think they are for large, high level (operations) groups only?

Ah, that's part of a quest line revolving around dark side artifacts known as Dread Seeds, which is something else, but yes, thoses overly large champion level mobs that blow you away within seconds are for high level operation groups. The Dread Guard Commanders are the second boss encounter in the Asation operation, which recently had the nightmare difficulty released.

Aptly named that, nightmare.

Purpose: Surprise party for foreign dignitary.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:40 am 
Patron

I haven't quite reached those levels, might still be a bit. My Bounty Hunter (Powertech) is level 41, clawing his way up, slowly but steadily.