Guild Wars 2 (Warning: Image heavy)

Gaming discussion for all platforms
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Re: Guild Wars 2 (Warning: Image heavy)

Post by Gorth » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:59 am

Once upon a time, I sort of balanced my characters along gender lines, 50/50 male/female alts. But eventually, I just sort of decided screw this, I prefer something that is pleasing on my eyes. I still have a handful of male heroes, but like many other games, it seems the females have the largest selection of interesting gear to wear. As another female, swtor playing friend of mine said once (she plays mostly male characters, because she likes looking at their butts when they run around in tight pants), It's "Eyecandy"! :lol:
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 am

Gorth wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:59 am
Once upon a time, I sort of balanced my characters along gender lines, 50/50 male/female alts. But eventually, I just sort of decided screw this, I prefer something that is pleasing on my eyes. I still have a handful of male heroes, but like many other games, it seems the females have the largest selection of interesting gear to wear. As another female, swtor playing friend of mine said once (she plays mostly male characters, because she likes looking at their butts when they run around in tight pants), It's "Eyecandy"! :lol:
So... where do you and your friend stand on lovebots or whatever you want to call them? And, in the Blade Runner world, would you date a replicant? :wink:

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Depends on which friend... Got a few of female friends who loves coop game :)

In this case, I don't think bots are her thing. As for dating? Hmm, tricky question. Rachel was hot though.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:03 am

How about a game of table tennis?

A Charr (the giant feline) and a Norn (the giant human lookalike) playing a round of table tennis during the victory celebrations. The location is a place called 'Fort Trinity', which the pact uses as it's base of operations against Zhaitan and his undead hordes in Orr

A shame it's a still image, because their body language is sort of fun, with all kind of menacing and threatening gestures, involving clenched fists, growls and throat slitting motions

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:24 am

After defeating Zhaitan, I followed a Russian friends advice (she was the one who persuaded me to try the game in the first place) to not start on the natural story progression after that, but to make a detour to the desert expansion and complete the first chapter there. It was all about getting the Raptor now instead of much later. The game added a number of mounts in the Path of Fire (desert) expansion, which makes getting around in the huge world a bit easier.

Also quite a change in visual style, as everything was now blistering bright in the sunlight during daytime

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:29 am

Saturated colours indeed :mrgreen:

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:29 am

You almost make me miss gaming. :)

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:51 pm

Thats a beautiful game, I haven't played it since early on. Perhaps worth a try since WoW right now...is pretty damn crappy.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:03 am

Size comparison between humans (my thief) and Norns (the "giant" NPC lady and her pet wolf)

Charr (the giant felines) are even bigger than Norn

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:07 am

The game uses instance areas and unlocks to create a sense of time progression in the world. This place is called "Sirens Landing" and takes place after you've killed Zhaitan (the undead Elder Dragon). Pact forces and Sylvari in particular are trying to return parts of Orr to the world of the living again, creating flowering gardens and setting wild life loose. It creates this odd mix of new growth and ancient ruins. The place is still crawling with undead though, although now they are called "Unchained", because they no longer are controlled by the will of Zhaitan.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 am

Beware the fowl monsters roaming Orr!... Undead Chicken

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:16 am

Arenanet (the developer) hates people with vertigo... this jumping puzzle took me 3 days of real time to through, climbing up to the ship stranded on top of the cliff. Luckily there were a couple of checkpoints on the way where you can log out without losing your progress. A bonus achievement too if you put on the diving goggles and jump off the prow of the ship. What looks like ocean way down there isn't water. It's the cloud cover way up in the sky. The ocean is a lot further down.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:06 am

A different character, but I went back to the place a bit later and took a screenshot from the base of the tower, looking up at the top...

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:09 am

My Charr (a race of giant, ferocious felines) warrior readying his sword for action. Those brilliant Asuran science guys must have miscalculated something when experimenting on this captured "Eye of Zhaitan". Suddenly the undead started gating in through portals (outside the view of the camera). My giant sword looks and sounds like a giant chainsaw, complete with rotating chains, teeth and flying sparks when fighting