What are you playing right now?

Gaming discussion for all platforms
Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:57 pm

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/dload.php

A whole pile of Arcanum downloads. I think the steam-powered fix is one of Krupp's mods but I don't know which one. There's no database descriptions, there may be readme's in the downloads, but you'd have to check.
I see I've got some investigating to do before firing up my game.

These may help too:
http://arcanum.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/ti ... nkerer.php
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:18 pm

The download from the Tinkerer's Workshop doesn't work. It was the first place I checked, and the file it linked to on Fileplanet didn't exist. I'll see if Terra Arcanum has it.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:41 pm

I think Terra Arcanum is hosting all the Dimensions Of Arcanum downloads.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:04 pm

Found the Machined Plate fix. And that equals new game! I just can't be bothered to finish my game with the mage. It's just "see monster, harm harm harm harm, see next monster, harm harm harm harm, drink potion of fatigue restoration, see next monster..." ad nauseum. I did find out one thing, though - magical chakrams are über cool weapons.

Though not as cool as flamethrowers.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:04 am

Yeah, there is some very neat magical equipment, and some very cool spells but you're right, it usually boils down to a very repetitive cycle involving a lot of Harm spell use.
This is kind of another problem with Arcanum - yes, you can eventually get a neat character with a range of either spells or technology, but it takes so long to get there, you spend half the game playing a character that really isn't what you envision.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:17 am

I never got around to like Arcanum unfortunately. I tried it a few years ago for a few hours. The setting just didn't appeal to me :(

Anybody else here tried NWN2 yet?

It's quite decent really. Having your own castle and your personal army has it's charm, but then, I always liked Nalias keep the best in BG2 :)

Edit: And if I feel peevish, I can always tax my bloody peasants outrageously through their tithes.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:15 pm

Arcanum's setting completely does it for me, it's the best part of the game. I wish it had done well enough to warrant a sequel.

And no, I haven't got NWN2, my computer isn't capable of running that bloated beast of a game. And I'm not sure I even want to get it; whether I buy it or not after I do upgrade completely depends on whether it can support persistant worlds. That's the only reason I play NWN, really. If I want a single player game I've got lots of other things to choose from.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:01 pm

I have some suspicions about PW's and multiplayer player getting the shaft a bit this time, for the benefit of the single players. Not that I mind really, never getting hooked on the PW/MMO thing. I guess more than 6 years of development work, coding, game design, balancing, listening to whiny users for the MUD we created back at the university cured me of that :wink:

As a curiosity, it still exists: http://www.deepertrouble.demon.net/ :roll:

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:37 pm

I just don't think that a single-player role playing game is really that much fun. There's no roleplaying, really. For single player, I tend to prefer strategy games. Not to say there aren't enjoyable single player RPGs, there are, but when it comes to DnD, I guess I've been spoiled by playing so much NWN on persistant worlds, going back to single player seems so empty.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:15 pm

finished Kohan-Immortal Souvereigns the other day, great game, way too short campaign however, have to keeep an eye open for the addon. Also fiddling around with Anachronox, i'm somewhere on the sender station.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:20 pm

Anachronox = :haksthumbsup:, though it is obvious that it was released before it was finished.

As for the Kohan... game, which one is it? The first one? If so, it was one of the first RTS games that I really enjoyed. I still have an old save stashed away somewhere. If only I hadn't loaned out my copy...

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:13 am

yes, the first one
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:02 am

At the moment: a bit of travian. My own computer is not set up yet. The room it has to be set up in, is not ready yet. I need to take off the wallpaper and then paint the walls before I can start putting furniture in. And the desk which is to carry my computer is one of those pieces of furniture... :D
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:26 am

Still playing NWN2. Almost finished my second game, this time as an Eldritch Knight (my first game was G'Orthanagn the Duellist).

After that, I'll probably try it a third time before putting it aside for a while. I was thinking about Aragorth the Ranger, but I think I want to try the female option in the game before putting it aside.

Perhaps Gortha, the female halfling barbarian/blackguard...

Btw. I saw a shooter game down at the local game pusher called "Prey". I remember having read a couple of positive things about. Anyone know anything about it? At 19 USD it was pretty cheap.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:12 am

I've heard Prey is a pretty decent shooter, lots of atmosphere and what-not.