What are you playing right now?

Gaming discussion for all platforms
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:01 am

Heck, I might just grab it next time I get in there. If I don't like it, well, it's no more than I would spend on a bottle of wine anyway.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:09 pm

Well, the downside there is that you can't cook with a video game if it's not to your liking.

I picked up Stronghold 2 for $20, and my girlfriend's brother managed to get me past a particularly hard mission in GTA: San Andreas, so I'm well set for gaming for the next while.
Still addicted to World Of Warcraft too.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:28 pm

well, not playing, but watching;

I've watched the Baldur's Gate 2 Speedrun from Speed Demos Archive yesterday, a mostly solo sorcerer with a bit of help from Jan goes trough in 1h and 10m, it is however the french version of the game. BG1 is also listed and some other stuff, like morrowind 3 in 7 minutes.
http://speeddemosarchive.com/gamelist/FullList.html
http://speeddemosarchive.com/demo.pl?BaldursGate2_11137

And another one, a movie from a guy racing on a track in trackmania (a new version of Stunts if you didnt know yet), But then he made a clip of 1000 of his replay cars at the same time, if you ask me, a superb work of art.
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:31 pm

I have put in the KotOR disk to play that one out. Haven't done that yet so it's time. I have more games on the shelf which need to be completed. And I could pick up NWN and download some modules. Finally, I could try if my other player will recognize the BG2 ToB disk. Haven't done that yet and just thought of it. If not, I can always try to find a no-disk whatsitsname.

Now to find the time to actually play...
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:48 pm

I started a game of Kotor too, but I can't really bring my self to finish it. I just thought I would use it as a warm up exercise for when the TSLRP finishes and I want to play Kotor2 again.

I'll put it aside again though, as X-Com2 - Terror from the deep is just more fun :)

Ruathavril

Post by Ruathavril » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:01 pm

I am going to give it a try. I hope the game has nice visuals... eyecandy :D
Ruald,Cleric(STR&Plantdomain)Stats16,9,12,12,18,13MaxHp14CurHp5 MemSp lvl0 DtMag(0/2)RdMag(1/1)Light(1/1) lvl1 Bless(0/1)Doom(0/1)Sanct(0/1) Money 24g/4s/1c

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:21 pm

Ruathavril wrote:I am going to give it a try. I hope the game has nice visuals... eyecandy :D
KOTOR is pretty good. Not great, but still fun. I liked II a lot better. K1 is a bit more "epic" in it's scope and it's a good play. Visuals are nice, I thought they really captured the Star Wars feel.

Initially I stopped playing due to a combination of figuring out The Big Story Twist and a particularly tedious map area. But, about a year later I went back and dove in and had a good time with it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:36 am

Going through Oblivion again - this time putting off the story until the very end. The scaling combat might keep the game semi-challenging all through the game, but it also lets you rush through the main storyline before you hit level 2...

Apart from that, I'm having far too much fun with the hackmover in Ultima 7 :lol:

I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:46 pm

NWN Amia....YET AGAIN! ARGH!

It is kind of weird but some how that Ultima looks most...most most fun! :lol:

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:16 pm

edit: moved the EU2 posts to a separate topic

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:15 pm

Began Oblivion, pretty boring tutorial, but fun due to the fact killing guards is awesome.

Unfortunately I don't seem to see what's so OMG this is teh awesom3!! about it.

I'm currently DLing the Age of Mythology demo
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Well, I've always liked the Elder Scrolls setting, and combine that with good graphics and music, it's a nice world to play in. Besides, the quests are much better than they were in Morrowind, since their pacing is better, and they no longer feel like they've been spit out of a random number generator. Again, in comparison to Morrowind, the storyline is much more epic and fulfilling, even though you aren't the star around which everything turns. Also, it's fun to have the NPCs "notice" your actions.

Besides, how many games let you be the paragon of virtue at day, and the vilest of murderers at night?

Well, apart from Ultima 7? ;)

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm playing a horde of old stuff i found out still works, they are mostly win95 games which didnt work due to speed and drawing issue, and the incorporated wincursor from directx8 onwards.
Anyway, they are PoD and Warlords 3, both finally work.
furthermore i'm playing Total Annihilation and its expansions again for a bit.
I also downloaded some by now abandonware from the era; S.W.I.N.E. and Magic:Shandalar (the one where you make a deck by playing all sortsof critters on a map over antes)

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:03 pm

Speaking of abandonware, I've taken up Star Control II. Probably one of the most addictive games I've played in a long time. Now, if only I could find a way to commit Pkunk genocide...

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:58 am

Playing War in Russia on dosbox 0.65 and replaying Tomb Raider: Legends. The latter was actually a quite good game, even if not quite reaching the first game in the series. I *have* to find all the secrets, anything else would be embarrassing. The original one is going to be re-released in May, running on the new engine (and there was much rejoicing among this single Tomb Raider fan) :D