What are you playing right now?

Gaming discussion for all platforms
Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:37 am

Just about to finish Dead Space. I need to beat a big worm. I suppose that is either the endboss or very close.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Firstborn

Post by Firstborn » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:02 am

Janmanden wrote:Computers don't have faces, I think you are laughing at your own reflection.. :wink:
Riiiiight... That explains why the computer won't stop laughing back at me...
"Love isn't blind, it's retarded!"

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:36 am

Firstborn wrote:
Janmanden wrote:Computers don't have faces, I think you are laughing at your own reflection.. :wink:
Riiiiight... That explains why the computer won't stop laughing back at me...
Funny. Well, obviously you turn it on.. :cool:

Trailer Park Jesus
Title: wal-mart greeter

Post by Trailer Park Jesus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:59 am

Watchmen: the end is nigh

this game rocks but way too short. and part 2 is even shorter. :( :(
magnus wants me. he's so gay.

Fluffy17
Title: Token Archer Fan
Location: Battling Daleks with Claudia Black at my side on the Enterprise

Post by Fluffy17 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:36 pm

SNES version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms

All I have to say is thank you Fish for not having Lu BU have a stupid hat
I have no time for flat characters why should I have times for flat people?

I'm Otto von Bismarck watch me blow, watch the butterflies coming out of my nose.

"You can't choose what bothers you, that's why it bothers you."

-Rachel Duncan

Baley

Post by Baley » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:19 pm

The Civilization IV version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:27 pm

civ 4 again

playing on noble as the Chinese i think i won this game as well, some time ago i told you about going down from Prince diffeiculty to Noble to build some wonders, but i dont think im behind that anymore, i am on the course of easily winning my second game on that difficulty.
Well Ok, this one wasnt that difficult, but the matter is, i dont really get to building wonders here either, I play and industialized leader, which means i build wonders in half the time, but still i can only built the wonders that ive just researched with a tech lead, which means its pretty much end-game material, where im way up front already anyway. (Theres only one guy left in the tech race with me).
Since i pretty much was victorious in all my Prince endeavours (though much more marginally) i might just as well go back there. Anyway, i just built two wonders, and in the last game i had left unfinished i built some more, but all were endgame too. (I played as the French there, (Louis XIV), got quite a number of great cities, pushed out my two northern neighbours, and gained such a tech lead with those resources i could pretty much do as i pleased. I did so, by attacking the Japanese, Babylonians and Portuguese on my west, and going all the way overseas to the Aztecs, all of whom i easily trashed tanks against horsemen. Just before i got the domination victory i had finished the UN wonder, and asked for a diplomatic victory, which i got handed by the frightened other leaders. (it is my highscore though it appears, in 1912.)
a screenshot of the finale of that game.

Anyway, this game i was playing Qin Si Hang, from the Chinese, another industrial leader, and was on one of two big continents with four other civs, the Khmer, Aztecs, Indians and Americans.
The Khmer were really close, and i had to start a bit of an expansion war with them to make sure i got about six cities, until i bumped into the Indians south of me. Overexpanded a bit here, which left me hurrying for axemen to keep out the barbarians.
Moments later the Khmer decided they wanted to expand in my territory, so they opened a war with me and took my closest city, i replied harshly, taking it back, and razing their closest city.
In the end the Khmer became my friends on the continent though, because i founded Hinduism, and they were the only ones, along with the puny Aztecs, to adopt it. This gave me a block against India/America, but in hindsight it was a wrong pick. That Survayarman of the Khmer is really a warmonger, and has put me into many a conflict since i picked him.
One of those was a war with the Indians, while i was just upgrading my army to Riflemen and Cavalry, so it came at the perfect time for me to get my hands on some more land and overtake the Khmers, Indias and the othercontinental Byzantines scores. I managed quite easily, gunpowder against arrows isnt really equal either. I pushed on until i got my hands on their capitol with six wonders and Vijavaganara, which held their confucianism building, and bartered them into vassalship.
With those extra lands, which are now properly infrastructured, i gained a huge lead on the Khmer and Byzantines, (them having one and two vassals respectively too.), for instance, recently Survayarman got me into a continental war against the Byzantine alliance, but that was a few turns before i got destroyers, and when i built them i pushed away their frigate fleets with a lot of show. I think its time to pick a victory again, any will do i fear once more, while why i feared to have to go for cultural or space race before the Indian opportunity presented itself.
Screenshot of the Chinese-Khmer continent
Screenie of the ocean dividing me and the Byzantines.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Aside from occasionally starting, and never finishing, run throughs of old BIS games (you guys... I blame you guys) I've been playing the Watchmen - The End is Nigh Parts 1 and 2 at my friend's on his PS3.

They're pretty good. Comic book style animation for the movies and cut scenes and pretty decent graphics for the gameplay. Plus, it's a co-op game in two player mode, with a split screen. Lots of fun.

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:57 am

Neverwinter Night and Heroes of Newerth.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:07 am

Europa Universalis III plus addons. Currently wondering how I am best going to prepare for a war between my Byzantine Empire and France. I want to reclaim Milano and other of my rightful provinces that ended up on the wrong side of the Byzantine-French border.

Because of the different tech trees (my eastern versus their latin), my forces are going to be inherently inferior, even when my tech level is a few steps above France, so I need an obscene amount of troops and every mercenary I can put my hands on :?
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

Magnus
Title: Oh my giant of Lannister

Post by Magnus » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Sighing in despair at STALKER... and booting it up again.
I do bugger-all, but that's OK;
I sleep all night, and I read all day!

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:14 am

I have some unplayed/ uncompleted new games on my harddisk... and I am playing... abandonware. It must be the stimulus of getting so much for free, it totally tickles my reward centre (not that reward centre)

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood

Something as rare as a Mac game, that has been ported to Windows.. and Steam. A third-person comic-shooter. Quite funny as casual brief plays. Only one map, I think.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Well, my buddy no longer has his copy of the Watchmen so I won't be enjoying that anymore.

Been playing Batman - Arkham Asylum at his place though. Not the story mode, just the combat challenge. It was fun up until last night.

We kept leapfrogging each other for high scores then last night he figured out how to get the "flawless freeflow bonus" in almost every round so his high score is now almost twice mine. I can get the same bonuses, I just can't put them together in every round the way he managed to do in three consecutive games.

Woe is me.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:49 pm

I msut admit i have been playing a game from the Robot Wars series, and already finished it.

How i made it trough is a mystery to me, as it is a BBC game, and comes with all the problems of such an inexperienced games company.
First of all, the camera is horrible, it is fixed in one position, and can only zoom, this means a fight with six robots where three fight each other in two corners of the arena results in the camera being so far away you cant even recognize your bot being upside down. Its even worse though, there are areas where the camera is stuck behind arena hazards. In one area theres a bucket of molten metal in the middle of the arena that fills your screen if you drive the wrong way, in another, theres a corner with a house robot, where if you fight there the camera doesnt show anything of the whole corner, insisting on showing a rooftop with streetfighter style audience.

And of course its not just that, the mouse pointer fucks up every time you start the game, not allowing me to click half the buttons until i recalibrate it by turning on, or off, the d3d cursor. Doesnt matter if its on or off, as long as i switch it.
The game doesnt allow loading, it requires a restart to load your game.
The explanations of gear are very incomplete, for instance your power can be either petrol or electrical, but theres nothing telling you which differential has to go with them, apart from buying the stuff and seeing the add to robot button blacked out.
Same goes for the game modes, theres a mode called collateral damage, which i still havent figured out, of course its prolly about damage, but even when i destroy all barrels in the arena and demolish all the opposing robots, i still dont win. I also bought a torch-cutter for 10k of credits only to find out its allowed in just a single of the many tournaments.
There's flippers in the game, and even flippers solely meant for self-righting your robot, however, many of the hull shapes of bots, dont upright with them. Several hull shapes have but one axis of wheels, which leaves you spinning in circles as you make a backward turn.

And then there's the game, which is of course about breaking bots with your own bot, destroying their parts with your hammers, spikes and pneumatic drills. Some of this though allows for an immense amount of luck and irritating gameplay, as when they knock off your hammer theres no uprighting for the rest of the battle, or worse, if they puncture a tire, or break a differential, you're left with a bot that you cant normally drive. Not to mention those backwards turns spinning you off the arena floor, or the charges from the house robots leaving things to luck completely.
Another part of the shows you might remember, is the demolishing of contending bots after the other is disabled, which can seriously damage your own bot, but worse, lasts at least ten seconds, every battle. That is an immense lot, if you think about flipping your opponent in say 30 seconds, that means you spent a quarter of the game waiting for it to continue.
Also, the game is a PS2 port, which of course has many information problems due to that, but more importantly, a great host of menu's to click trough prior to every battle.

Somehow though, with all these problems, its still addictive, i wanted to try out a lot of gear, see all the arenas in the game, make a good bot and buy some of the premade bots from the tv series. Which i did, strange though that i stomached all these irritations just to gain some bytes of savegame code.

Here's three pics of my Spritemowers, before i delete the game. Or better, burn it for when i have children.
Robot designs
During a battle
and the great camera work during the furnace stage (yes im there somewhere)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."