What are you playing right now?

Gaming discussion for all platforms
Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Marcus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 pm

More or less same old cept for...my sister going "Here have a PS3" and im like What the heck but happy.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:21 am

I regressed.... fell back on playing a bit of EU III with the latest hotfixes. Some awesome improvements in gameplay. Not liking inflation and poverty, I cheated a bit this time and gave me some starting wealth. Yeah, I know, pathetic. Thats what happens when you play a game too much.

Apart from that, a bit of 'Fallout New Vegas' and 'Garters and Ghouls'.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Right, i swear someone mentioned ToEE somewhere on this forum and got my nostalgia running away with my brain again. I've been looking for the right place to post for quite a bit now, until i decided to just head here. Hope i havent been dreaming.

In any case, the person talking about this succeeded. However, since i've started games in there numerous times and always stop around the moathouse or some bog harbor thingy in the northwest, i've decided to include the Circle of 8 modpack. First steps were nice yesterday.
It seems an add-in btw, so i still risk getting bored with cleaning up combat, but for now its nice. Again made the mistake to make five lovely chars only to find out theres all kinds of npc content that wants your loot when you take them up. As such, if i cant ditch my old chars, im yet again stuck with lovely ideas i wont work out because i like content better, which make the ideas become quite stale. (ie I have a cleric, but the Co8 pack introduces a new cleric, worse, i was planning my usual fighter/mage, but just found a mage who demands all scrolls, so im stuck with a vanilla fighter of sorts. Ah well, we'll see if i can ditch a few guys.)
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:54 pm

that was me, but via email :P

i play with Co8 6.1 + new content. Unfortunately the balance is still a long ways off. At the beginning, save-reloading is a ecessity when any kobold can kill you with a crit. No realistic ironman is possible. Later on, crafting weapons and spells make the gae too easy. It's still fun to just buildcharacters (1$ for every game I've said this about).

oh and npcs are much stronger than your chars

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Wow, i'm actually having loads of fun with that NC content pack on top of ToEE, never got this far.

The pack fixes so many bugs that i have a near-to-flawless experience. There have been a few CtDs, especially with pathing very long distances, but apart from one of those per day its been a comfortable and trustworthy ride. Much of the new content is quite simple dungeon farming, but it smoothes the balance out greatly, no more reloading for hours to get past the next challenge, because theres actually places to level up a bit before you return.

Having great fun with my pally Holy Henny, i married him to Fruella, who is currently driving him insane wielding the bastard sword of chaos found her wearing the pants, while his holiness himself flirts with cabin boys and coup the grace's every sleepy fellow he comes across. He's managed to fall three times already :)

I'm amazed at the amount of NPCs btw, it appears theres around 45(!) recruitables, makes me sad i can only recruit 3 at a time, would love to create just a single char and take six of them with me next run-trough.

With all of the bugs mostly gone i am surprised by how close to dnd this implementation is, there's even spells like Discern Lies or Extraplanar Chest, archers ready vs your spellcasters, etc

I'm wandering trough the world with said pally and his wife, the new cleric Ronald, a Sorceress who has just attained Fireball and Haste, and a bard/rogue who actually doesnt do anything else than sing and be a place holder for area buffs like magic circle against evil. Preparing for my first visit to the actual temple itself.

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:19 am

I wish some of you guys had Call of Duty: Black Ops and were playing on a PS3. I wouldn't mind a good zombie slaying group. I play with a couple guys from time to time, here in town, but one of them is a bit of a wanker, always stealing your kills then saying he "just goes into a zone" and forgets he's playing with other people. Yeah, smoke another one.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Damn, straight into the next addiction. While scouring the web for info on ToEE and an old racing gam i play again every summer, PoD, i stumbled across a few videos of a game called Pharaoh. Which lead to by now three days in a row of going to bed past 4 am.. (Of course i have holiday, so i can do this, in a sense..)

Great stuff though, its been ages since i played a good citybuilder game (if i dont count Evil Genius), building blocks become more efficient by the mission, and by now i'm even starting to micromanage the contents of my storage places, quite addictive, watching those cart pusher wander about your city and looking at what they do right and wrong.

This does mean, i fear, ('trough no fault of my own') that the ToEE run is once again left unfinished, though i firmly believe i will get back to it this time. I'm somewhere in the Temple itself, and things were nice, it was a long time since i felt the urge to talk to every npc in a city as well.

And no, no Black Ops for me (let alone on a console). I did buy CoD Modern Warfare 2 for our upcoming lans though, but i doubt we can do much with that. I dont really like these shooters btw, they dont allow me to rocketjump, but ah well, you cant always have your mates like what you like. (Didnt expect killstealing was possible though in CoD, as i see it as a one-shot-one-kill game ;))

[edit] Gorth, play that game, you'll like it too much as well[/]

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:35 pm

I play the zombie modes in Black Ops. The campaign is ass and so is the multi-player.

And kill stealing is easy. You run in front of the other player and shoot or stab the zombie he was dealing with. There are almost no one-shot kills in the game btw, once you're past the first few waves of zombies.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:13 am

D. Sauzi wrote:Damn, straight into the next addiction. While scouring the web for info on ToEE and an old racing gam i play again every summer, PoD, i stumbled across a few videos of a game called Pharaoh. Which lead to by now three days in a row of going to bed past 4 am.. (Of [edit] Gorth, play that game, you'll like it too much as well[/]
Umm... which one? Call of Duty?

Still playing FO:NV and a number of indie games.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:49 pm

hehe, i thought you'd be able to gather that from my post, especially when you link it to your own interests you've written about over time ;)

I meant the citybuilder game, Pharaoh (easier to google including the expansion Cleopatra).

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:35 pm

I've also been playing FO:NV and it's pretty clear to me that I am one of the reason that it's better than Bethesda's Crapout, because they have picked up on some of my issues. FO:NV is a much better game than FO:Brrrrr3, but also a helluva lot more buggy. I am gathering my thoughts and preparing a hell of a bashing that will hopefully mean as much to the next version of Fallout as my last comments did to this one. Wish me luck. :wink:

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:44 am

D. Sauzi wrote:I meant the citybuilder game, Pharaoh (easier to google including the expansion Cleopatra).
I haven't tried it. Is it from the same family tree as Caesar? I remember the latter from my Amiga gaming days in the early 90's

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Gorth wrote:
D. Sauzi wrote:I meant the citybuilder game, Pharaoh (easier to google including the expansion Cleopatra).
I haven't tried it. Is it from the same family tree as Caesar? I remember the latter from my Amiga gaming days in the early 90's
yup, though i havent played Caesar myself.

according to this wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Building_Series you can see it as the spiritual successor of Caesar 3.

BTW, i've moved on after a mission or 10, might again pick it up, like everything, but right now i'm engrossed in League of Legends. Thinking hard which character i will buy for my IP, i guess i enjoy Morgana the most up till now.

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 pm

I was just going to make a point with the numeric dumbed down-ness of lockpicking in FO3/FNV by the use of some graphics from ME(H), but then it seems that my ME(H) Steam installation doesn't like the restoration of my harddisk.. Now it insist that the CD-Key is bad, but that could just as easily be because of a call back to the broken-link hell caused by the last re-design.. That's the problem of DLC and digital content online.. It only works as long as those services are still running exactly the way they were made. This is so repetiously trite and annoying that it's simply too annoying to write about.. On top of that the forgotpassword page is broken too.. No wait it's just ultra-slow.. Two minute white page before it returns.. And then really long reply that ends with a cannot be displayed page.. Finally a break-through and then.. Hm.. where is my ME(h) registered game content?? For hell'vede altså.. So, had to get EA on chat.. to get that same key that everyone else on the ME(h), uh, Bioware forums also got, just to make a ... screenshot of something I forgot about.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:11 am

I know, this could equally well be put in the "rant" thread, but what the heck is the fascination with mini games?

I've been playing some original FO3 with all DLC's lately and the game is just full of lockpicking and hacking :evil:

Apart from that, it's actually good fun and much better than expected. The slo-mo death animations would have been much better if you could skip them though. They are only interesting the first 1 or 2 times :roll: