Winterwind Productions

Home of the Winterwind Papers ezine
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 86  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:19 am 

Spider wrote:
As much as I'd like to see Silverbow as a Bush-supporting conservative and mary Shitney Halberds (wait, I actually DON'T want to see that) this thread is derailing a little.

Feel free to start a new topic about how cool/uncool KotOR is, but let's try to get this back on topic.

I will allow a few commentaries and such in regards to games being mentioned here, but longer debates should have their own threads.

OK OK :P

I just got KOTOR so I will start a thread on it pretty soon :P

At the hands of the wicked
And all the world shall tremble
Before the star-spangled banner of America

--G.W. Bush--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:36 am 

Eldar wrote:
Well, I finished Half Life.

HL was cool though i only played the day 1 demo.

Quote:
I had to take motion sickness medicine and wear sea bands. The upshot is, the game really is quite well done. The levels can be confusing and I'd like to go through again with the cheat codes just to take a look around and what not.

I actually rather like FPSs taks, I just get sick when I play them. :mrgreen: You know it sucks!

they used to bother me but i spent a fair bit of time watching a buddy play the online quakes (and UT) and got used to it. HE could make anybody sick. big time LAN player (even went to the convention)... i could never get into them that much.

i've given up on HotU for now... till somebody figures out how to make it work right. it's worse than morrowind for unplayability. at least in morrowind i got more than one update a second. one per 8 seconds was my last battle in the very first dungeon. that's less than one update per real-time round... DAMN!

oh, it wasn't 11500 3d marks... it was 10500, but i just reran and got 11000 with a cleaner system. 1387 on the masmobench which is typical for my setup (a little high, actually... i found it on opengl.org, cool site).

mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:51 am 

In a while, i'll be playing Jagged Alliance 2: Urban Chaos. :D :D :D

(as soon as these friggin' downloads would complete :x )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:05 pm 

Daevon wrote:

Does that thing work with normal JA2 or does it require the ghay golden shit edition? :?

At the hands of the wicked
And all the world shall tremble
Before the star-spangled banner of America

--G.W. Bush--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:17 pm 

Playing FF5 right now. Figures, since I usually stay away from FF games. It's that job system... it's pretty fun, actually...

This post may contain nuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:01 pm 

Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?
I'm currently nearing the end of Temple Of Elemental Evil, and just picked up Arcanum and Deus Ex (the first one), so that's my current playlist. Sometimes I play Galactic Civilizations when I'm in the mood for a space empire game.
I've also vowed to play, and finish, either Fallout or Planescape:Torment this winter. I've had them both for ages and have never been able to get into either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:41 pm 

You know, Planescape wasn't something I managed to get into right away. I was actually well into the game before it hooked me. Once it did, however, I became a huge fan. It's my favorite computer game of all time. ...And, like I said, I'm pretty forgiving. I have a lot of computer games I like, and it takes top honors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:31 am 

Silverbow wrote:
Daevon wrote:

Does that thing work with normal JA2 or does it require the ghay golden shit edition? :?

I dunno, as i have Gold and it works well.

Check the thread at Missy's (and the link to bear's pit) for further details.

I can say, that i'm loving it so far. You propably won't. Considering your rule about merc injuries and reloads n' all that. Three sectors cleared and just in the last sector i got my 3rd and 4th gun (3x pistol and 1 Sawed-off).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:13 am 

Need for Speed: Underground for PS2. Its pretty good though the drift mode is really annoying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:12 pm 

Quote:
You know, Planescape wasn't something I managed to get into right away. I was actually well into the game before it hooked me. Once it did, however, I became a huge fan. It's my favorite computer game of all time. ...And, like I said, I'm pretty forgiving. I have a lot of computer games I like, and it takes top honors.

Strange...I was intrigued from the very beginning,even though I think it was my first rpg so I needed some time to get the hang of things.There was always so much to explore in Torment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:57 pm 

Call Of Duty
Need for speed undeground
Zelda Oracle of Time
FFX-2

i plan to start one of these : KOTOR or ToEE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:20 pm 

Amorghost wrote:
Strange...I was intrigued from the very beginning,even though I think it was my first rpg so I needed some time to get the hang of things.There was always so much to explore in Torment...

I was intrigued from the moment I saw the word Planescape shaping in the trailer that came with TotSC Definitely love at first sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:48 pm 

^ Agreed :haksthumbsup: That was the moment I knew I would be buying Torment as well. Didn't read any reviews or previews, didn't look for other gamers opinions, none of that, heh. Tooka chance and wasn't disappointed.

Earlier in the thread I said i was about to begin a new IWD + HoW + TotL campaign, but I've changed my mind, and am not playing any games at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:54 pm 

Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?
I have to say that I'm really, really liking Deus Ex. While I'm not a big FPS fan, the story and mission layout is easily keeping me intrigued, and I kind of like playing a person who isn't exactly a "good guy". I really like how each mission can be played in multiple methods, and how what you do actually impacts how the NPCs react towards you. It's something I had not seen in an FPS before.
Hopefully the entire game will remain intriguing and not break down into a bland shoot 'em up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:05 am 

silent storm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 86  Next