Ranks

Announcements, site and forum feedback
JokerIO

Ranks

Post by JokerIO » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:29 am

Can we have custom ranks please?
[url=http://ashfordcity.beigetower.org/forum/][color=darkblue][size=134][b]Ashford City Forums - For All Your Post-Nuclear Needs[/b][/size][/color][/url]

Eldar

Post by Eldar » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:53 am

You know, I think I should actually use a custom rank and avatar. Everyone else has a cool avatar and witty custom rank, why shouldn't I? 8)
[quote="Ewen Brown"][size=75]i guess someone will quote this making it utterly pointless, but there, it's been said[/size][/quote]

Lord Tingeling

Post by Lord Tingeling » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:27 am

I think I deserve a special rank:

"Spam forum overlord"

8)

Oh, and raise the sig limit to 300.
-- Canadians. So mellow. So laid back. So gay.

This post may contain nuts.

Synaesthesia

Post by Synaesthesia » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:45 am

Lord Tingeling wrote:I think I deserve a special rank:

"Spam forum overlord"

8)

Oh, and raise the sig limit to 300.

Compared to AffE, you are but a weak n00bling.

Lord Tingeling

Post by Lord Tingeling » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:35 pm

AffE. Now that's a name I hear alot these days. Sure, his spam is strong, and sure, he's probably "better" @ spamming.

But what is better, I may ask? At the Iply forum, my spam mostly consisted of breaking the OT-rules, or "pushing the limits"- trying to post as much off-topic as possible without being locked.

Sure, I got banned, but to understand one's limits, you sometimes have to go beyond them. :haha:

Anyway, any n00blet can spam by just posting a lot. I've easily posted 300+ messages on the forum in a day, and those wasn't single emoticons either.

Quantity spam is just boring, you know. :P

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:08 pm

Well, now you've got a forum all your own where you can spam till your little heart's content!

Synaesthesia

Post by Synaesthesia » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:55 am

Lord Tingeling wrote:AffE. Now that's a name I hear alot these days. Sure, his spam is strong, and sure, he's probably "better" @ spamming.

But what is better, I may ask? At the Iply forum, my spam mostly consisted of breaking the OT-rules, or "pushing the limits"- trying to post as much off-topic as possible without being locked.

Sure, I got banned, but to understand one's limits, you sometimes have to go beyond them. :haha:

Anyway, any n00blet can spam by just posting a lot. I've easily posted 300+ messages on the forum in a day, and those wasn't single emoticons either.

Quantity spam is just boring, you know. :P
Fair cop, AffE does post a lot of crap.

Jackalmonkey is pretty good at spamming. He/She/It doesn't spam alot, but when he/she/it does.....

It's okay, I guess.

choyrt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by choyrt » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:26 am

What about 6'8" Troll? Enjoyed the 'crates' spam the most.

Synaesthesia

Post by Synaesthesia » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:33 am

choyrt wrote:What about 6'8" Troll? Enjoyed the 'crates' spam the most.
#2604 mostly posts at the Lair. I think he's found his 'comfort zone' there.

Jackalmonkey

Post by Jackalmonkey » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:54 pm

Synaesthesia wrote:Jackalmonkey is pretty good at spamming. He/She/It doesn't spam alot, but when he/she/it does.....

It's okay, I guess.
What fine bait. I/I/I shall have a taste:

Merely okay? My writing is so potent, my fingertips actually smoke, flesh and bone rendered to vapor by the overwhelming energy required to transfigure the raw white-hot iron of my soul into the physical trappings of the very words you see before you. I render my own sainted Self into the digital fabric that dances before your half-glazed, barely blinking, unfocused eyes, and what do I get for my pain? My tragic suffering? My reward is to see my own ethereal beauty blunted and profaned by the mundanity of "oh, it's okay… I guess." By golly, if I weren’t so overtly masochistic, I don't know why I'd even bother.
[i]"There are men so philosophical that they can see humor in their own toothaches. But there has never lived a man so philosophical that he could see the toothache in his own humor."[/i] -H.L. Mencken

kumquatq3

Post by kumquatq3 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:23 pm

I think somebody owes someone elses an apology....

::looks over at Synaesthesia::
[quote="Hakuri"] If she had a good personality, maybe I'd consider it, but she doesn't even have cable TV up there.[/quote]

Amorghost

Post by Amorghost » Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:43 pm

OK so are ranks going to be introduced?Also images for each rank would be cool,and phpBB 2 allows it,so...
There is a great douche bag locked inside me.

Valqorez

Post by Valqorez » Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:45 pm

Amorghost wrote:OK so are ranks going to be introduced?Also images for each rank would be cool,and phpBB 2 allows it,so...
They will be added, yes. But we're going to make sure we're happy with the themes first. I don't want to spend time editing templates (as we'll have different colored rank images to suit each theme) and then decide we don't like a style and delete it.

Besides, it's Christmas.

Amorghost

Post by Amorghost » Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:54 pm

Think of it as a present to the community :D
There is a great douche bag locked inside me.

JokerIO

Post by JokerIO » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:11 am

Nearly a month later and still no custom ranks. :(

Ashford City has custom ranks. :mrgreen:
[url=http://ashfordcity.beigetower.org/forum/][color=darkblue][size=134][b]Ashford City Forums - For All Your Post-Nuclear Needs[/b][/size][/color][/url]